212 replies to this topic

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate ( by Medion )
I had a bad effect of modifying the zip file directly from the zip located in the sd ... had to restart the recovery

It could finally successfully install the zip ( and system ) .. but I'm again stuck to the login of the first Screen "Medion" .. the notification led ( red ) is on when booting , is off and the screen stays on the Medion ... normally at that level ... it should continue after some seconds to the "android" moving logo .. while loading the boot

It's in fact the same effect as when I do a restore of the nandroid backup I took juste after having put in place the recovery !!!

redstar

I don't remember if I tested to flash the 4 images with adb-made-easy ...
and how do you do that with adb_made_easy ? ... when I select "flash file/rom to phone" ... I can only select a zip
but the 4 files are in a rar .. and if unrar ... I don't have the possibilty to pick them

edit :

I typed *.* to find all the files .. pick boot.img ....
it's processing , says it's complete ( adb tool says that ) , the phone reacts .. with a '!' logo of the CWM

Pressing the on/off button makes the CWM menu to reappear ..and then I see the error message

Finding update package ...
E:unknown volume for path [SDCARD:boot.img]
E:Can't mount SDCARD:boot.img
Installation aborted

Remark :

1 - I think that the test to send the "boot.img" via ADB easy tool ... broke something as the MEDION boot screen is not there anymore , just a white line on the bottom of the screen

2 - I really must find a solution .. I have to send it to the support before the 22 ( 21 it must go ... as the return label is expiring that day )

Ok .. I go and get some sleep for now .. let's hope you'll already have put some great ideas until tomorrow ( today ) morning :)

Edited by cryoglobe, 18 May 2012 - 06:18 AM.

raverrr

raverrr

Recognised Ginger Ninja

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blate
If you are changing from rar to zip make sure you use 0 compression or it will fail. It just needs to be archived.

-If i've been helpfull to you in any way, press that little green thanks button

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I'll maybe try to convert the rar to zip

But do you have any idea why it stays blocked on the first screen? as if the boot is blocked somewhere ?

Do you have a good idea to recover my "Medion" first booting screen ?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
:( bad for me .... no more good tips ... to get back my skate with a stock rom :(

If I have no solutions ... I'll have to send it back with a atomic mod :( and CMW ... not sure it will be ok for the warranty :(

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Posted Image bad for me .... no more good tips ... to get back my skate with a stock rom Posted Image

If I have no solutions ... I'll have to send it back with a atomic mod Posted Image and CMW ... not sure it will be ok for the warranty Posted Image

have a look here http://wwwen.zte.com...data/mobile/UK/

i would use the update tool to install stock... the bright point version

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello Tillaz ... thanks for the link ...I'll have a look there

I simply hope it's not as in the Wiki ( or I don't remember where ) , with the official update tool ... because that one needs to operate from the FTM mode that is not anymore available when the CWM is installed...

Aside of this

I would really be happy if you (or someone else) could tell me how I can use the Skate of my mother in law ( not touched )
to align my skate to it ( partitions & stock rom ) ... with or without adb or cwm ( but this one is not on her skate )

Regards

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Der_Flooo, F_LOVES_J

Hello Tillaz ... thanks for the link ...I'll have a look there

I simply hope it's not as in the Wiki ( or I don't remember where ) , with the official update tool ... because that one needs to operate from the FTM mode that is not anymore available when the CWM is installed...

Aside of this

I would really be happy if you (or someone else) could tell me how I can use the Skate of my mother in law ( not touched )
to align my skate to it ( partitions & stock rom ) ... with or without adb or cwm ( but this one is not on her skate )

Regards

by the way ...i try the update tool in this moment...and you need to get into FTM mode..so you need the stock recovery.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Space
  • Devices:Moto X

by the way ...i try the update tool in this moment...and you need to get into FTM mode..so you need the stock recovery.

flash stock recovery from first post

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)

flash stock recovery from first post

oh ..no it was a tip for the man with the orange shirt :) i try it and i come into FTM mode..and my PC has also detected it as an FTM phone...but the Updater cant detect my phone !

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
For info

I re-installed a nandroid backup I took just after having installed the CMW
This was giving me a non booting device ... stuck at first screen " Medion "

I did a test as suggested using adb easy tool .. with the boot.img file .. but this has really broken something ( I lost my first screen "Medion" )

I have now restored the default recovery ...

So , now I have not CWM anymore , I do not have my "Medion" 1rst screen ( black screen with some white lines at the bottom )
the phone does not boot to android ...
When pressing power & volume - .. It does not seems to reach the FTM Mode

:( not a really good situation ... I should really try to fix the "1rst screen" and then I'll have no other choice than sending it like that :(

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

For info

I re-installed a nandroid backup I took just after having installed the CMW
This was giving me a non booting device ... stuck at first screen " Medion "

I did a test as suggested using adb easy tool .. with the boot.img file .. but this has really broken something ( I lost my first screen "Medion" )

I have now restored the default recovery ...

So , now I have not CWM anymore , I do not have my "Medion" 1rst screen ( black screen with some white lines at the bottom )
the phone does not boot to android ...
When pressing power & volume - .. It does not seems to reach the FTM Mode

:( not a really good situation ... I should really try to fix the "1rst screen" and then I'll have no other choice than sending it like that :(

ok. do you would like to have the Medion Stock Rom or is it okay when you have the ZTE Skate Stock Rom on it ?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I think that the MEDION support would certainly prefer to see a Skate as it is supposed to be when taken out of the box :)

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

I think that the MEDION support would certainly prefer to see a Skate as it is supposed to be when taken out of the box :)

its right ;) but i have the ZTE Skate Rom here and maybe for now it would be ok when the phone "work" , or? ;)

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Could indeed be a good "startint point" to go to a better state :)

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Could indeed be a good "startint point" to go to a better state :)

so should i upload it?

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
http://www.mediafire...bd1tf27kv2y7npf

here is it . unzip and copy it on your sd card in a folder called "image". take out the battery an put it in. press vol up, menu and power button.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

flash this http://files.podtwo....tock/zte/skate/

its stock medion with stock recovery partition.. flash via recovery like a normal rom

If you want stock Medion, you can flash this like you flashed your NANDROID backup. Put the files in the rar in the clockworkmod folder on your SD card. Try to make the folder name like your other nandroid. In cwm go to backup/restore and choose the proper nandroid.

If you don't have CWM anymore, download a TPT from the TPT thread, put it in a folder called image and reboot the phone holding volume up and power. That should restore cwm (before you remove it again with, you shouldn't remove cwm if you don't have a working rom).

There are probably other ways, but that's how I'd do it.

EDIT: oh I refered to the wrong post. I was talking about that .rar with image files inside. But Tillaz's zip should work too. Just flash a TPT to get your CWM back, then use CWM to flash the stock rom.

Edited by Redstarr1, 20 May 2012 - 06:14 PM.

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Redstarr ... I already tried the file GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip

--> you can see some of the comments and advices from Tillaz ... we had to rework the script to remove some of the bin files... to be able to re-install the rest of that image.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Redstarr ... I already tried the file GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip

--> you can see some of the comments and advices from Tillaz ... we had to rework the script to remove some of the bin files... to be able to re-install the rest of that image.

did you try zte stock?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
The file is just finishing to be downloaded ... So , should try it in the coming 5 minutes :)

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users