MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Der_Floo

to port it to the skate ...

Could you please port the AtomicMod to the Blade ? ...

( especially because I don't know how long I'll have to stay without my skate ) ;)

ask tillaz !? ;)

Guest cryoglobe

:) ... I think he will stop a bit until the ZTE Era is there ...

Skate is on the way to Medion support :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

der floo , for touchwiz ... it seems that the link to the file to download is a beta version .. ( not really best for me that uses my phone each day )

Guest Der_Floo

der floo , for touchwiz ... it seems that the link to the file to download is a beta version .. ( not really best for me that uses my phone each day )

no, i mean for some hours :D

Guest Muloo

You shoud get a mail from medion that they recieved it and an other that they made it and then again that it is send by DHL

I'v send my medion on a friday and got it back on friday 14 days later

My audio cable was broken ( volume down button acting strange)

Guest cryoglobe

Ho .. ok

The follow-up of the package ( via Kiala ) .. state it's on his way or has reach the target since the 23/05 .. no other notification so far

23/05/2012 10:08 returned.gif

Retour en cours d'acheminement ou arrivé chez votre vendeur - contactez-le pour plus d'informations

But not yet any mail from Medion

Wait & see then

Guest Redstarr1

Hope it'll be okay even without working software on it. I'll send mine in 2 weeks, dust behind screen is making my screen unreadable now that the weather is better. *Here's hoping that it doesn't last* :D

Guest cryoglobe

Redstarr1 ...

The skate state , when send to the support was this :

Working device ... but with a ZTE official rom ... It was better than a non bootable device ( I hope )

Guest Muloo

Working device ... but with a ZTE official rom ... It was better than a non bootable device ( I hope )

Correct, i also put back a newer build than it was suposed to be.

Btw, what was your problem?

Guest cryoglobe

The GPS on my skate was not fully dead , but really not usable

I tested mutliple applications , rom .. but it was always the same

.. maybe finding one satelite after 10 minutes .. but anyway not ok for navigation or track follow-up

Guest XtremeGamerâ„¢

Hello,

i'm in the almost exact situation :

my ZTE's speaker has crumbled and microphone is very quiet.

so i'm going to send it back.

i have bootanimation of Medion

splashscreen also Medion

recovery i can also flash.

only thing i can't is flash is the system backup from Wacky.ddw in the first post.

via ADB with ADB made easy i recieve the error message that the file is too large.

please give a direction i can search.

is it possible to make it an .zip so that it can be flashed by CMW ?

Thanks in advance

Xtremegamerâ„¢

Guest Redstarr1

Hello,

i'm in the almost exact situation :

my ZTE's speaker has crumbled and microphone is very quiet.

so i'm going to send it back.

i have bootanimation of Medion

splashscreen also Medion

recovery i can also flash.

only thing i can't is flash is the system backup from Wacky.ddw in the first post.

via ADB with ADB made easy i recieve the error message that the file is too large.

please give a direction i can search.

is it possible to make it an .zip so that it can be flashed by CMW ?

Thanks in advance

Xtremegamerâ„¢

I've found out today that you can't indeed flash the system partition with ADB like you said. But I'm lucky and I still had a nandroid backup from before I started flashing roms. That's got the default Medion rom, but with CWM recovery. However by then using the stock recovery zip in the first post I managed to get my phone to complete stock conditions.

My nandroid had a ton of my text messages in them, but before flashing the stock recovery I returned that rom to factory conditions and made a backup of that. So now I have a nandroid backup of stock Medion. You could flash that like a nandroid backup and then flash stock recovery.

For future reference I will give some guidelines, I also put my files online: http://min.us/mmM89bBV0/3

- Download 3 files: stock_recovery_signed.zip, Medion_Stock_Backup_CWM.zip, stock_tpt.zip,

- Unzip the contents of stock_tpt.zip on your sd-card (the image folder),

- Unzip Medion_Backup_CWM and put it on your sd-card in clockworkmod/backup,

- Flash the TPT with 225mb system space, 35 mb cache and 180 mb data. (hold volume up and menu when you press the power button)

- The previous step should have brought you to CWM. Restore my nandroid backup (the date is today, 20120605). Reboot.

- Shut down and boot in CWM again. Flash the stock recovery zip. Reboot again and your phone should be completely stock.

If you're feeling ambitious you can put the stock recovery in the nandroid backup and save yourself from having to go in CWM the second time. I can't test that right now since I don't have CWM any longer and I couldn't make that backup without CWM at that moment. It's just one less step. I'm not an expert in this stuff, was improvising, at least it works this way.

Can anyone confirm that stock Medion has a system partition of 225mb and cache of 35mb? Not sure about that.. I do remember having 180mb of data space.

EDIT: I forgot to say for others who want to do the same that you also have to flash the Medion splash screen. Do this before flashing the stock recovery, but it doesn't matter if you do it before the tpt or nandroid backup. Uploaded the stock splash screen as well.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest XtremeGamerâ„¢

Thanks for your effort and response.

i first got logo hang but after flashing the boot.img from first post it got booted into the medion stock rom

however , i can't enable Wifi.

When i goto "about phone" , both bleutooth and wifi display no mac-adress.

IMEI is also empty

is there anything to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Xtremegamerâ„¢

Guest cryoglobe

Redstarr1 ...

That's really Impressive :)

I'll download the files as soon as possible ( from home ) .. to keep it in a safe place ...

I'll have to first wait my Skate to be back from the Medion support ...

I got a mail to informe me that it was well arrived .. but still no update about the work done or the return date ...

Well done :)

Guest Redstarr1

Thanks for your effort and response.

i first got logo hang but after flashing the boot.img from first post it got booted into the medion stock rom

however , i can't enable Wifi.

When i goto "about phone" , both bleutooth and wifi display no mac-adress.

IMEI is also empty

is there anything to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Xtremegamerâ„¢

Hm I didn't think this through. That nandroid is only useful for me. A nandroid contains the complete memory of your phone, including IMEI and MAC adress stuff. Don't know anything about making roms, might be possible to make a workable rom out of my backup... I thought that nandroid are a lot like flashable zips, which they aren't. If you had made a nandroid backup yourself that would make things easier (actually that's the first thing anyone should do before starting to flash custom roms). For now you should flash another rom, a phone without IMEI is pretty useless. Maybe the ZTE stock rom that cryoglobe used is good enough.

I hope someone with some knowledge about creating roms is reading along, I don't have the time to start teaching myself now, in the middle of exams. Sorry I can't help you further.

Guest C3C0

You won't find IMEI and MACs in the nandroid backup, unfortunatelly. Typically QPST can be used to extract this information from phone.

And yes I forgot. I'm 100% sure that the wrong boot.img is not the reason of lost IMEI and MACs.

As a first thing I would try to TPT stock rom. Info with link extracted from my thread at slovak forum:

ZTE Skate (nebrandovany), Android 2.3.5

Android Version: 2.3.5

Baseband: P743TB01

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

ZTE-SKATEV1.0.0B01

Unmodified version

[url="http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01.zip"]http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01.zip[/url]

MD5 Checksum: 6856dd0d5d23bd018bdc9ed221fe8e05

Version with root & clockworkmod

[url="http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01-rooted+cwm.zip"]http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01-rooted+cwm.zip[/url]

MD5 Checksum: e809aca906d325f35e663cc6efe05426

You flash TPT this way (warning it will erase all data except thos on SD card)

1) extract downloaded zip into root of your sd. You will get "image" directory containing "image.bin"

2) turn off your phone

3) Hold Menu button together with Volume+ button and power on the phone while holding the buttons pressed

Edited by C3C0

Guest XtremeGamerâ„¢

Thank you all !

i've managed to restore my skate completely to stock, i own you all the procedure :

Download the ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01.zip from C3C0

Flash à la TPT .

touch wifi & bleutooth (for some reason it then resolves the Mac's)

use the nandroid backup of Redstarr1 and choose Advanced Restore to restore System Only.

connect to Pc > flash boot.img of first post with ADB > reboot

(note: some might have to flash splash/boot screen)

lastly install stock_recovery_signed.zip with CWM > reboot

congrats , fully stock.

Again thanks to all the people in this thread !

regards,

XtremeGamerâ„¢

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cryoglobe

For the update ...

I got back my skate from the Medion support ... but I had to send it again ... for the same GPS issue

I'm a bit lost , as in the summary of the actions done , they have replace the motherboard .... and I guess the GPS is on it

Let's wait and see if the second repair will solve my issue

wait & see !

Guest Redstarr1

Strange, if they replaced motherboard, that means you practically had a new phone. Real bad luck or what :).

How long was your phone in for repairs? I sent mine 2 weeks ago, but got a message a week later that they received it (so it took a week to get there :s). So I'm hoping the repairs don't take 2 weeks and it doesn't take another week to send it back (but it probably will take that long, bummer).

Is that normal, a week before it gets there?

Guest cryoglobe

Hello Redstarr1

It took somes days ( one week maybe ) to reach them ..;

It arrives to Medion the 29/05 ... it was send back the 7/06 and I received it the 11/06

Indeed , it's really strange that after replacing the motherbaord i still have issues ... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the beginning of this thread there are some links to megaupload.

The links are:

Rooted ROM for MEDION P4310 (Thanks to Johnny Hung)

Adds only root permissions: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZUDEEYY

Includes the root permissions and overclock kernel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMBB7QQQ

The site has been closed of the ....well you perhaps can guess!!!

Any one know an other siten whre "we" can get the adds????

Guest Redstarr1

In the beginning of this thread there are some links to megaupload.

The links are:

Rooted ROM for MEDION P4310 (Thanks to Johnny Hung)

Adds only root permissions: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZUDEEYY

Includes the root permissions and overclock kernel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMBB7QQQ

The site has been closed of the ....well you perhaps can guess!!!

Any one know an other siten whre "we" can get the adds????

Sorry I never downloaded that rom. You can still use superboot to root the stock rom if you use this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/344819-09-aug-superboot-root-access-for-the-zte-skate/. And if you want an overclockable kernel you can take a look at C3C0's S kernels: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353434-kernel-s-series-kernel-for-all-custom-roms/ (S2 is the one for stock).

Thanks Diehard.

I have tried the file in the first link. No success.

I'll try it again "in the dark hours".

Perhaps - and I think so - there was a failure with my USB driver. Used a wrong one.