• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Der_Flooo, F_LOVES_J

The file is just finishing to be downloaded ... So , should try it in the coming 5 minutes :)

okay :)

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate ( by Medion )
not ok !!

I really have the impression that the bad test with adb easy too ... removed or corrupted something

pressing the up & power ... with the file in a "image" folder does nothing
I just see a normal boot ( with the now "black screen with some white lines on the bottom ) , then the MEDION screen for one second and then nothing else ... stuck with the only possibility to remove the battery to shutdown the phone :(

I'm not sure I will be able to re-install a tpt ... etc

PS : the phone must be packaged today and send to support tomorrow ... that's bad to send it in that state ...
however , it's a stock rom , without a CWM .... it's "just" not booting ;) humm hummm

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)

not ok !!

I really have the impression that the bad test with adb easy too ... removed or corrupted something

pressing the up & power ... with the file in a "image" folder does nothing
I just see a normal boot ( with the now "black screen with some white lines on the bottom ) , then the MEDION screen for one second and then nothing else ... stuck with the only possibility to remove the battery to shutdown the phone :(

I'm not sure I will be able to re-install a tpt ... etc

ok you put the image file in zip ordner into an ordner called "image", on your sd card? turn the phone off ..and press vol up, menü and power??

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have unzip the image.zip file , in the usual image folder ... ( on the SD , of course ) ... put the SD back in the phone...
remove the battery , put it back , press volume up and power ( for a while ) ... and the phone boot with a black screen ( and some white lines on the bottom (*) ) , then the charging light that is red turn off .. the screen swap to the "Medion" screen for one second , and then black screen and nothing moving anymore for ever !!

(*) this black screen is the result of a test suggested by someone , to use adb easy tool ... and send / install / restore the "boot.img" file to the phone ...
This was not blocking the phone when I still had CWM or a working AtomicMod ...

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 07:09 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

I have unzip the image.zip file , in the usual image folder ... ( on the SD , of course ) ... put the SD back in the phone...
remove the battery , put it back , press volume up and power ( for a while ) ... and the phone boot with a black screen ( and some white lines on the bottom (*) ) , then the charging light that is red turn off .. the screen swap to the "Medion" screen for one second , and then black screen and nothing moving anymore for ever !!

(*) this black screen is the result of a test suggested by someone , to use adb easy tool ... and send / install / restore the "boot.img" file to the phone ...
This was not blocking the phone when I still had CWM or a working AtomicMod ...

ok this sound very very special..because in the right way the phone should show a text called "flash from T-card" and a line should fill up. i only can upload the files seperatly and you should flash it via adb.
by the way : do you speak German?

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Press and hold volume up and menu (middle button) and then power on. Should get a message saying installing update from t-card

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Press and hold volume up and menu (middle button) and then power on. Should get a message saying installing update from t-card

yip. i sayed it.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2

yip. i sayed it.

Just checking. It is like applying a tpt. Is clockwork working? Can you load another rom and install tpt helper?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
indeed ... the flashing is ok ... ( forgot the menu ... with the volume up & power )

( same screen as for tpt partitions , etc )

edit :

In fact , I should really have the same "image" for the stock medion .. that would really be easy ! ;)

I'm indeed back in android , with this ZTE image

What next then .. to install a Medion stock rom

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

indeed ... the flashing is ok ... ( forgot the menu ... with the volume up & power )

( same screen as for tpt partitions , etc )

so you are on stock now?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Stock ZTE : yes

Next step is to go back to a stock medion .. to package it and send it to the support because of GPS issue

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Stock ZTE : yes

lol :) and now ? what is the problem in general?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
My gps is not working ... really issue to fix anything ...

So , I have to send the phone back to Medion for investigations ...

( I just tried the GPS with this ZTE rom, it's not better .. so It must really be hardware issue , not software or rom related )

I could send it as this .. to MEDION .... saying I have simply tried a ZTE update on my phone as "last test" before sending it back to them..

Do you think they could complains ?

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

My gps is not working ... really issue to fix anything ...

So , I have to send the phone back to Medion for investigations ...

( I just tried the GPS with this ZTE rom, it's not better .. so It must really be hardware issue , not software or rom related )

wich means not working?

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
No .. I'm using a GPS tool ... that shows the number of satelites ... etc ... on my Medion Skate .. I have maybe 1 after 10 minutes
on the one of my wife , it's 7 to 9 in a couple of seconds ... it's the same speed on my blade ...

And it was that fast on my skate before "something" happened ( I don't know what ) from one day to another ...it was not working anymore ( while that day , I did not even touch my rom ,etc )

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

No .. I'm using a GPS tool ... that shows the number of satelites ... etc ... on my Medion Skate .. I have maybe 1 after 10 minutes
on the one of my wife , it's 7 to 9 in a couple of seconds ... it's the same speed on my blade ...

And it was that fast on my skate before "something" happened ( I don't know what ) from one day to another ...it was not working anymore ( while that day , I did not even touch my rom ,etc )

ok ok ...so you are german ? than i understand you better and can maybe help better :)

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I'm from Belgium .... french is my 1rst language ( not really german )

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

I'm from Belgium .... french is my 1rst language ( not really german )

oh ok thanks ;)

send it baq to medion :) or use it with ZTE stock..:)

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
If the ZTE stock is fine ... it' s not solving the issue with the GPS ..
and a smartphone as the skate without a working GPS is for me like a car whith only 3 wheels

I'll see what I can do to re-install a stock medion .. on it ... if I can't really reach the goal , i'll send it back with a default ZTE rom ... which is maybe the most acceptable situation for the Medion support ... I hope

Edited by cryoglobe, 20 May 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

If the ZTE stock is fine ... it' s not solving the issue with the GPS ..
and a smartphone as the skate without a working GPS is for me like a car whith only 3 wheels

I'll see what I can do to re-install a stock medion .. on it ... if I can't really reach the goal , i'll send it back with a default ZTE rom ... which is maybe the most acceptable situation for the Medion support ... I hope

yes do it . by the way . a few month ago i tryed too, to restore my medion to medion stock. and i only come to a medion logo with a following black screen too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users