- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Christar

Christar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Evening all, been lurking on the forum for last few nights since buying my OMC through the Quidco and Mastercard deal on the Orange website. Just a few questions if I may. I have been trying superboot with my windows notepad that runs xp to no success. The problem is finding the android_winusb file that verifies the new drivers. It just cannot be found when looking for it when I need too, having read all posts I have completely given up and resigned myself to a standard OMC which is a bit rubbish. I am no n00b with computers and have plenty of experience with similar breaks and flashes.

Can anyone also advise me what to do with the Sim that came with the phone, I assume that as I bought it with a topup that it is preloaded? Have not put it into another device as yet to have a look, is it worth anything and worth putting on the bay or flogging to recoup some money. Just upgraded from a BB 9300, boring bloody phone. OMC seems good, just annoyed with the bloatware. Anyone else take out the Orange deal, still no news about a reported free £25 Mastercard that comes with the phone! Cheers in advance, Chris

Edited by Christar, 17 October 2011 - 08:10 PM.

Chris_67

Chris_67

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Guess what!
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Skate
As you are not a noob with computers, have a look at this threat for a guide on how to install Superboot without being forced to install any drivers.

Edited by Chris_67, 17 October 2011 - 09:07 PM.

Christar

Christar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

As you are not a noob with computers, have a look at this threat for a guide on how to install Superboot without being forced to install any drivers.

Would I not need to install Linux? On my notepad I am concerned it may be too much of a strain to duel run alongside each other, bit of a nightmare all this rooting. I have followed everyones advice on here to no avail.

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

Would I not need to install Linux? On my notepad I am concerned it may be too much of a strain to duel run alongside each other, bit of a nightmare all this rooting. I have followed everyones advice on here to no avail.

you don't have to install it, run it from a live cd or usb pen drive.

Posted Image

Christar

Christar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

you don't have to install it, run it from a live cd or usb pen drive.

Running Linux Mint 9 Gnome from my USB now, but as always a problem, no internet connectivity and cannot seem to set up a connection in anyway as no drivers and option to connect? Anyone able to help me solve my latest issue? Ta

Chris_67

Chris_67

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Guess what!
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Skate
Download the file from within Windows (if it's Windows you have on your machine), copy it to an USB pen-drive, then start LINUX.

Edited by Chris_67, 18 October 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Christar

Christar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Download the file from within Windows (if it's Windows you have on your machine), copy it to an USB pen-drive, then start LINUX.

Will use an SD card and print out your instructions, where should I copy the file from the SD too upon Linux, anywhere you would best advise? Unfamiliar with Linux, will make use of the instructions well, should have said at start I am no n00b with Windows :rolleyes:

Christar

Christar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
A big cheers to Chris_67 and Putbinoot, managed to superboot handset, now need to know if I needed to have done any backup prior to doing this as have not and what is the recommended next step assumably ClockworkMod via Linux again? I mainly wish to remove most bloatware and Orange crap, will download the app Antek App Manager, Sorry guys as an ex iPhone man I am terrible with this new terminology and install method for different modifications. Cheers for all the help thus far ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users