[DEVS] Unlocking OMC progress: I HAVE READ ALL NVITEMS!!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

I think you're a little naive to be publishing the fact that you did this, on a public forum.

ah well. To late to change it now unless you, navie and tilaz are willing to edit it out in your posts. Could you please do so?

might as well pay orange there £20 to unlock ( i resent giving them anything but there payg plans are crap) 2 weeks for unlock bought 09/08/11 unlock time 09/11/11smile.gif giffgaff will get my custom back or maybe a imobile sim vodafone network

Ring them now m8 you might get the ball rolling,I rang orange Yesterday and told them i wanted the unlock code he didn't give me any hassle just took all details and said i'll get the unlock in 7 to 10 days by email.He did say make sure you have enough credit on the phone or they won't send the email.

Forgot to say i have 2 weeks till my 3 month is up.

Edited by den169

Guest philmein

Ring them now m8 you might get the ball rolling,I rang orange Yesterday and told them i wanted the unlock code he didn't give me any hassle just took all details and said i'll get the unlock in 7 to 10 days by email.He did say make sure you have enough credit on the phone or they won't send the email.

what number did you use and did you ring on your omc

what number did you use and did you ring on your omc

Rang from my landline I found the number on sayno to 0870 numbers,Orange want you to pay to ring,

0800801080 then press 2 then 2 again then 4 and i think 4 again just tell them you want the unlock code.You need your imei and orange phone number. Good job it was a free number i was on about 12 minutes at least.

Edited by den169

Guest philmein

Rang from my landline I found the number on sayno to 0870 numbers,Orange want you to pay to ring,

0800801080 then press 2 then 2 again then 4 and i think 4 again just tell them you want the unlock code.You need your imei and orange phone number. Good job it was a free number i was on about 12 minutes at least.

thanx den ill be on to them tomorrow

Guest sej7278

has anyone actually got an unlock code from orange yet - i don't think we've heard of any success on here yet and plenty have phoned up for one. one person got told only qualcomm can unlock them and some crap about needing an ota update from zte.

has anyone actually got an unlock code from orange yet - i don't think we've heard of any success on here yet and plenty have phoned up for one. one person got told only qualcomm can unlock them and some crap about needing an ota update from zte.

2 people have received unlock codes from orange... although they did not pay the £20 blink.gif

Guest philmein

rang orange earlier they wont entertain me until nov 9th phone will be 3 month old then

ill be ringing them next wednesday

rang orange earlier they wont entertain me until nov 9th phone will be 3 month old then

Well they said 7 to 10 days for mine so if its not here by the weekend i'll be back on the phone giving them hell.

Guest kevwales

Hi

found this on freelists:

Sent: 18 August 2011 08:49

To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cc: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;

ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; xiebin@xxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Skate

Hi Rob,

I have got some disappointed information from our developing engineer.

The Unlock algorithm of OUK SKATE is supplied by Qualcomm. The provied us

a package file to generate the 16-bit random number.

Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device.

Best Wishes,

Guest gitf@ce

Hi

found this on freelists:

Hi Rob,

Best Wishes,

Yeah we saw that some while ago. Proven bull due to the fact Orange have been supplying unlock codes.

Guest arnoldziq

Yeah we saw that some while ago. Proven bull due to the fact Orange have been supplying unlock codes.

I will disagree.

Similar situation was a few years ago, with Motorola V3.

Unlock codes was generated in factory. The codes wasn't generated based on IMEI, and were completely random.

Motorola does provide unlock codes to network on request.

Guest gitf@ce

I will disagree.

Similar situation was a few years ago, with Motorola V3.

Unlock codes was generated in factory. The codes wasn't generated based on IMEI, and were completely random.

Motorola does provide unlock codes to network on request.

So you agree with this... "Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device."?

Also if you ask Orange for an unlock code they insist on IMEI being provided.

Edited by gitf@ce

Guest arnoldziq

So you agree with this... "Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device."?

I just agree to a fact, it is possible, to unlock codes are completely random numbers.

Not based on IMEI therefore cannot be calculated with any algorithm.

IMEI, the Orange wants from you, will be used to identify a unlock code match to phone.

Same process; user->IMEI->network->factory->code->network->user->unlock, were performed with mentioned V3.

Guest glossywhite

I have seen this very same speculation for years, and it always amuses me how certain people become, that there cannot possibly be an algorithm, and that codes are random, because they say so, and that's that. I don't know how they come to this conclusion, just because there is no calculator... yet.

All the Nokia guys said there "couldn't possibly" be an algorithm for DCT3 handsets, and they argued this point until they were blue in the face... and guess what? THEY WERE WRONG. UTTERLY WRONG.

Staying open minded is best, if you wish to avoid wiping proverbial egg from one's face. Noone knows except Qualcomm & ZTE. That includes you, person reading this. If you DID know, you'd have the unlock solution, and this thread wouldn't exist.

Speculation reveals nothing, when sides are taken, and people say things in a categoric manner. You don't know anything about the algorithm. Fact, so best to stop second guessing.

Read a thread, containing many foolish comments, and laugh at how egos attempt to ascertain facts, based upon pure speculation (and illogical thinking):

http://bit.ly/t7Bodr

Stubborn minds are always right, even when their opinions oppose those of other stubborn minded people, who also think they're right. Noone knows right now, FACT.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Droid 007

In my opinion, even if the unlock code is random, it must be in NAND, i.e. it should be possible to extract/show that via an app.

What do you guys think?

Guest Peterzon99

Hi

found this on freelists:

Hi Rob,

Best Wishes,

"Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device." And is there any unlocked rom now? Or could you see any chance for that in the future?

Guest Chris_67

Here is what I think from what I read here and there:

"Flash with the unlock-ROM is our only method to unlock the locked device." is not true for everyone.

The only possibility for ZTE to unlock the Skate, is to flash it with an unlock-ROM. That could be true, because each provider adds a random number to lock their phones. So once the provider locked the phone, ZTE can't tell which unlock-code to use, because they don't know the random number the provider used. The only possibility left for ZTE, is to use an unlock-ROM.

But: Imho the providers only use one random number for all phones (each phone from the same provider is locked with the same random number). Because if he used a random number for each phone, even the provider himself would no longer be able to provide an unlock-code (they would need a hint to the random number of each phone - maybe the IMEI, which would mean that in fact it isn't a real random number).

As a conclusion, the unlock-code must be based on the random number of the provider, the IMEI and the algorithm provided by QUALCOMM. The algorithm certainly must be licensed, that could be one reason why it has not been implemented on the Blade.

That's why I think we have two possibilities to unlock the Skate:

1. We find out the one random number from each provider and how the unlock-mechanism works

3. We get a copy of the unlocked ROM from ZTE

Edited by Chris_67

Well just rang them to see where my code was and guess what no code till 3 month is up thats next week so the pratt i spoke to before is clueless,So another couple of weeks to wait.

Edited by den169

Guest wrtease

so zte own the unlock rom so if its flashed then ,thats it done ,so my question is can anyone add a file or daignostic file to search through the nand to find the lock code. shurly zte with their rom has to find it in the nand before it can amend the nand lock.so i think it can be done with similar firmware ,dont no where?

Guest glossywhite

so zte own the unlock rom so if its flashed then ,thats it done ,so my question is can anyone add a file or daignostic file to search through the nand to find the lock code. shurly zte with their rom has to find it in the nand before it can amend the nand lock.so i think it can be done with similar firmware ,dont no where?

Someone with a Skate or P4310 needs to read NVITEMS and upload, so we can compare them... or am I treading old ground here?