Photo

[DEVS] Unlocking OMC progress: I HAVE READ ALL NVITEMS!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Removed

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
WARNING TO THOSE WRITING TO NVITEMS AND POTENTIALLY BRICKING THEIR PHONE(S):

One simple piece of advice, learned through doing the same and bricking my OMC...

Don't bother. Be patient, and wait for a proper unlock solution, unless you enjoy £120-160 paperweights. You're human, you get tired, and mistakes can be made (oh believe me!). I'm done with attempting to unlock my OMC; I'll let someone else with better experience, resources and funding, take that risk. Until the solution is out, I'm happy to wait.

Just my advice.

Edited by glossywhite, 26 October 2011 - 12:00 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4
removed

Edited by tillaz, 26 October 2011 - 03:59 PM.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

i would not go there... you can get a max of 5 year in jail for changing IMIE numbers..... Posted Image

I agree. Don't bother, even for the sake of your phone, but mainly for the sake of your freedom!

[UPDATE ON MY OMC]

Received new OMC today. CWM & BlueMonte installed flawlessly. My last unit must have been the odd one out :)

Edited by glossywhite, 26 October 2011 - 02:20 PM.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
Removed

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigs
    expensive hobby
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo zte blade
might as well pay orange there £20 to unlock ( i resent giving them anything but there payg plans are crap) 2 weeks for unlock bought 09/08/11 unlock time 09/11/11Posted Image giffgaff will get my custom back or maybe a imobile sim vodafone network

Edited by philmein, 26 October 2011 - 03:14 PM.

achromic

achromic

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei Ascend G300
Same for me, really need to unlock the phone. Get it working on 3, then switch to Giffgaff when the contract is up

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Achromic

ZTE Skate - running Ice Armor III

T-Mobile Vivacity - Running CM10 (Spare)

Huawei Ascend G300, unlocked, rooted, de-crappified, and ICS Ir1 (SOLD!)

Posted Image

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Yeah. I didn't even mean to do it. I flashed the wrong nvitems and it must have accidentally changed the imei. I realised when orange blocked it what I had done wrong. it was an accident but if you do it on purpose then it would be a problem.

I think you're a little naive to be publishing the fact that you did this, on a public forum.

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
How do Orange block the phone?...if it gets blocked when you put in an Orange sim card then...I was thinking you could put in another sim and then input the unlock code and then Orange will have no idea about it, I guess it doesn't work that way or someone would have figured it by now.

Edited by Navie, 26 October 2011 - 04:24 PM.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

How do Orange block the phone?...if it gets blocked when you put in an Orange sim card then...I was thinking you could put in another sim and then input the unlock code and then Orange will have no idea about it, I guess it doesn't work that way or someone would have figured it by now.

nope. Essentially it asks for an unlock code regardless of the sim. So you're stuck.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

I think you're a little naive to be publishing the fact that you did this, on a public forum.

ah well. To late to change it now unless you, navie and tilaz are willing to edit it out in your posts. Could you please do so?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
i would not worrie about it.... there is no proof Posted Image

removed anyway..

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

i would not worrie about it.... there is no proof Posted Image

removed anyway..

Same here.

den169

den169

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:san fransisco & monte carlo
  • Twitter:@none

might as well pay orange there £20 to unlock ( i resent giving them anything but there payg plans are crap) 2 weeks for unlock bought 09/08/11 unlock time 09/11/11Posted Image giffgaff will get my custom back or maybe a imobile sim vodafone network

Ring them now m8 you might get the ball rolling,I rang orange Yesterday and told them i wanted the unlock code he didn't give me any hassle just took all details and said i'll get the unlock in 7 to 10 days by email.He did say make sure you have enough credit on the phone or they won't send the email.
Forgot to say i have 2 weeks till my 3 month is up.

Edited by den169, 26 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    expensive hobby

Ring them now m8 you might get the ball rolling,I rang orange Yesterday and told them i wanted the unlock code he didn't give me any hassle just took all details and said i'll get the unlock in 7 to 10 days by email.He did say make sure you have enough credit on the phone or they won't send the email.

what number did you use and did you ring on your omc

den169

den169

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:san fransisco & monte carlo
  • Twitter:@none

what number did you use and did you ring on your omc

Rang from my landline I found the number on sayno to 0870 numbers,Orange want you to pay to ring,
0800801080 then press 2 then 2 again then 4 and i think 4 again just tell them you want the unlock code.You need your imei and orange phone number. Good job it was a free number i was on about 12 minutes at least.

Edited by den169, 26 October 2011 - 08:24 PM.

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    expensive hobby

Rang from my landline I found the number on sayno to 0870 numbers,Orange want you to pay to ring,
0800801080 then press 2 then 2 again then 4 and i think 4 again just tell them you want the unlock code.You need your imei and orange phone number. Good job it was a free number i was on about 12 minutes at least.

thanx den ill be on to them tomorrow

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

has anyone actually got an unlock code from orange yet - i don't think we've heard of any success on here yet and plenty have phoned up for one. one person got told only qualcomm can unlock them and some crap about needing an ota update from zte.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts

has anyone actually got an unlock code from orange yet - i don't think we've heard of any success on here yet and plenty have phoned up for one. one person got told only qualcomm can unlock them and some crap about needing an ota update from zte.

2 people have received unlock codes from orange... although they did not pay the £20 Posted Image

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    expensive hobby

rang orange earlier they wont entertain me until nov 9th phone will be 3 month old then
ill be ringing them next wednesday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users