93 replies to this topic

c3n9

c3n9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
After seeing the conference in Hong Kong, and looking at the new features -
http://www.neowin.ne...-cream-sandwich

Do you reckon we'll ever see this on our Blades?

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade
Wont we get ICS with CM9?

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)
If the source code is released, then I imagine it won't be long before some early builds of CM9 appear.

l2azor

l2azor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:dell XCD 35
Hardware-accelerated 2D drawing

All Android-powered devices running Android 4.0 are required to support hardware-accelerated 2D drawing. Developers can take advantage of this to add great UI effects while maintaining optimal performance on high-resolution screens, even on phones. For example, developers can rely on accelerated scaling, rotation, and other 2D operations, as well as accelerated UI components such as TextureView and compositing modes such as filtering, blending, and opacity.

finally the thing we were waiting on... :D just that it needs to be made for the blade :D:D

Konstakang CM10 xD

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y550
sdk 4.0 is out btw.

grmn

grmn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Will we have to hope for a new kernel source release or can ICS be run on the 2.6.35.7 kernel we have?

l2azor

l2azor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:dell XCD 35
Currently in the process for releasing Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus S. Theoretically should work for any 2.3 device.”

-Gabe Cohen, Google Android Team

ahoy!!

Konstakang CM10 xD

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

Currently in the process for releasing Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus S. Theoretically should work for any 2.3 device.”

-Gabe Cohen, Google Android Team

ahoy!!

I think they mean that manufacturers will have the option to support it (possibly by making a newer kernel)

deksman2

deksman2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Didn't Google spout some nonsense about not implementing gpu accelerated 2d drawing up until now because 'low end phones' simply lack the hardware to do so?
If this is the case, wouldn't gpu accelerated 2d drawing be a problem for the Blade?

On another note, the Blade's specs are essentially identical to iPhone3G... and that thing is optimized for gpu accelerated UI, so hardware-wise, I would say the Blade is more than capable, but why would 'low end phones' be left out?

solidslash

solidslash

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)
  • Twitter:@solidslash
Fingers crossed it will be available for ARMv6 devices.

Kamikaze.

Kamikaze.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:ROMS!!
  • Devices:Blade, CM7 Nightlies
I'm pretty sure it'll be ported for Blade. I really hope to see it from Cyanogenmod team. (I want theming and Cyanogenmod settings for ICS!)

.mil

.mil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra
http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html
Waiting for CM9 for our devices Posted Image

JustasU

JustasU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Android.
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I hope to see ICS on Blade :) I hope some one is going to even try :)

sitic

sitic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html
Waiting for CM9 for our devices Posted Image

Only the SDK is released, so you can build apps for android 4.0. The source code is not released yet therefore they can't start to develop CM9.

BTW: The question is still if the source code will be released, google is not obliged to do it and at the moment they "don't have anything to say on that subject"

Chris Banks

Chris Banks

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, G300, ZTE Blade

Only the SDK is released, so you can build apps for android 4.0. The source code is not released yet therefore they can't start to develop CM9.

BTW: The question is still if the source code will be released, google is not obliged to do it and at the moment they "don't have anything to say on that subject"

Andy Rubin mentioned that they'll be making ICS open source when the galaxy Nexus ships.

.mil

.mil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra

Thanks for your explanation!

Pierreism

Pierreism

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
The source code probably won't get here till December, with additional dev time by the CM team I doubt there'll be ICS on Blade till next year.

jonas.lindberg

jonas.lindberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
But, correct and excuse me if I've got something wrong, the Honeycomb source code was never released but some guys got it booting on a Blade anyway, what made that possible? And what is different now in this ICS-case?

opc100

opc100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@opc100

But, correct and excuse me if I've got something wrong, the Honeycomb source code was never released but some guys got it booting on a Blade anyway, what made that possible? And what is different now in this ICS-case?

That was using the SDK, which was why the bits that did work were incredibly slow.

jonas.lindberg

jonas.lindberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

That was using the SDK, which was why the bits that did work were incredibly slow.

Just as we have the ICS SDK by now? Which means that a, incredibly slow and hardly working, ROM would be possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users