Ice Cream Sandwich

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

How exciting huh? I did a little jig.

So anyone reckon Sammy will show us some love pronto or are we in for an agonising wait?

I reckon an official ROM might be quickish based on the apparent video of the "leaked" ICS rom on Phandroid t'other day. Fingers crossed huh.

Guest Junior Bear

can't wait to see what features it has.

just been reading about the galaxy nexus, looks good but doesn't have much over s2 apart from 720p screen. but its preloaded with 4.0

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I'm not sure I can see sammy releasing this one to the GSII, well not officially. I think people would think "Ok cool the GSII works with Ice Cream Sandwich, so why bother upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus?"

Guest artesea

at GoogleIO the manufacturers and networks signed up to a two year upgrade program (where hardware supports it) so the GSII has no reason not to get it, however expects a delay to help sales for the Nexus.

Guest rferrett

I am certain we will get in in pretty short order. For a couple of reasons:-

1) The SGS 2 is Samsungs "own brand" premium device. They have sold some 10 Million units worldwide and will want to sell more. It is important for the "premuim" feel that user expereince is good.

2) The open handset alliance signed up for mandatory updating.

3) Apple update all their devices in one hit, Sammy copy Apple ;) so sure they won't want to lag on this.

4) Loads of folks over at XDA seem very much of the opinion that the ROM is nearly done and will be released quickly. And oflks who don't normally BS.

Ralph

I'm betting on the guys & girls of CyanogenMod.

It will get it but it won't be today or tomorrow, I mean officially they have just put out 2.3.4 It'll be next spring summer earliest.