ZTE Blade TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

The TPTs below are for Gen 2 European Blades that either came as stock Gen 2 or were upgraded using the Windows Flasher method. If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, use the TPTs from here instead. If you are not sure what type of TPT you should use, this app will tell you. If the TPTs below don't work, then try the others from that link as well, they may work instead. Do not use any of the files on a Chinese Blade.

The TPTs below should enable fastboot when powering on holding vol+ as well as repartitioning to give more space for /data. Gen 3 TPTs use a Gen 2 appsboot.mbn and splash.img. You can also use a Gen 3 TPT on a Gen 2 Blade to convert to Gen 3, and vice versa to convert to Gen 2.

Gen 2 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem

MD5sum: 83624b0365216b8e97c13f55e7fdebab

Gen 2 custom b: 128mb system, 2mb cache, 311mb data, 0.1mb oem (probably too small for most people)

MD5sum: 7d73894ae1013d1bc65ff6dfbc1cc9d4

Gen 2 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem

MD5sum: 4e8d9c15ac2e640e805fcfdaa44b0579

For Gen 3 TPTs see here.

How to install:

Copy the zip to the root of your sdcard and check the md5sum matches above.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" with the image.bin file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin matches the md5 given in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off. Once its off completely, turn it back on holding menu and vol+.

You should see green text on the screen, then once its finished it should boot into recovery. You may (or may not) see an error message just before this finishes. This happened when sm4tik tested it, but the TPT still worked fine. If I can find out why this is happening I'll try and fix it.

Once in recovery, do a factory reset then install your chosen rom. Remember to remove the image directory once you're finished to avoid reflashing the TPT by accident.

Warnings:

Make sure your phone is well charged before you start the TPT. Unplug it before you begin.

Check the md5sums while the file is on your sdcard, before and after unzipping.

There is always a chance a TPT will break your phone. Use these files at your own risk.

Remove the image directory when you're done to avoid reflashing by mistake.

Thanks to sm4tik for testing this, cpg for the hack to enable fastboot on vol+ and wbaw for help and advice.

Edit: Added links to Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs and Gen 3 TPTs.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

Thanks to sm4tik for testing this. It is now confirmed to enable fastboot on vol+ and repartition properly. You may get an error just before it finishes updating. This happened to sm4tik, but he reported that the TPT still worked ok. Partitions were changed to correct size and fastboot worked again.

Guest unrandomsam

Thanks to sm4tik for testing this. It is now confirmed to enable fastboot on vol+ and repartition properly. You may get an error just before it finishes updating. This happened to sm4tik, but he reported that the TPT still worked ok. Partitions were changed to correct size and fastboot worked again.

Same image.bin's should work on gen2 and gen3 (Without breaking anything).

(Just include)

\$ ../ztepack -p

image.bin will be created from files in the current directory

Adding partition.mbn

Adding partition_zte.mbn

Adding appsboot.mbn

with header appsboothd.mbn

Adding boot.img

Adding recovery.img

Adding splash.img

Done

(gen2 appsboot / splash)

Tested 100% (Then restored my backup from CWM - fastboot working splash seems ok (removed the first ZTE one and replaced with the green android)

Guest Amphoras

Same image.bin's should work on gen2 and gen3 (Without breaking anything).

(Just include)

\$ ../ztepack -p

Adding partition.mbn

Adding partition_zte.mbn

Adding appsboot.mbn

with header appsboothd.mbn

Adding boot.img

Adding recovery.img

Adding splash.img

Done

(gen2 appsboot / splash)

Tested 100% (Then restored my backup from CWM - fastboot working splash seems ok (removed the first ZTE one and replaced with the green android)

Yeah I thought about doing that, but I was planning to include all the other files as well so you can go to/from Gen 2/3 if you want. Wasn't able to get the Gen 3 ones uploaded yet, but I'll add them once they're finished.

Guest unrandomsam

Nice, this has been a long time coming.

Why do the Gen3 TPTs include a Gen2 appsboot.mbn?

Afaik cpg only reenabled fastboot on a single version (And I don't see the advantage of the slightly more detailed splash) and it works.

(Personally also I would potentially prefer to be able to update amss.mbn seperate from the rest of the layout).

Guest Amphoras

Nice, this has been a long time coming.

Why do the Gen3 TPTs include a Gen2 appsboot.mbn?

Pretty much what unrandomsam said. The Gen 2 appsboot works fine with Gen 3, so its easier just to use that and the old style splash.img than try to see if the same change to enable fastboot will work on the Gen 3 appsboot.

(Personally also I would potentially prefer to be able to update amss.mbn seperate from the rest of the layout).

Do you mean changing to/from Gen 2/3 without changing the layout, or just changing to a different Gen 2 amss.mbn?

Guest iKrautDroid

Great work!

But just to clarify...

This will not work on my gen 2 osf that was upgraded with wbaws tpt

I have to downgrade to gen1 and update with the windows flasher.

Then I can use these tpts...

btw. Im not sure if I have to downgrade before i use the windows flasher...

Thanx in advance

iKrautDroid

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Great work!

But just to clarify...

This will not work on my gen 2 osf that was upgraded with wbaws tpt

I have to downgrade to gen1 and update with the windows flasher.

Then I can use these tpts...

btw. Im not sure if I have to downgrade before i use the windows flasher...

Thanx in advance

iKrautDroid

You don't have to downgrade first. And that is a limitation of TPT - they cannot change partition.mbn so it is not possible to go from firmware that accepts Gen1 TPTS to firmware that accepts Gen2 TPTs. You need windows for that.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

So i windows flash and then these tpts...

Yes, flash any windows firmware package accepts Gen2 TPTs (Stock Gen2, Gen3, etc) and then you will be able to sue any of these TPTs

Guest Amphoras

So i windows flash and then these tpts...

Yes, flash any windows firmware package accepts Gen2 TPTs (Stock Gen2, Gen3, etc) and then you will be able to sue any of these TPTs

You need to use the windows flasher to get to Gen 2 if you want to use these TPTs yes. However, unless you want to use the Gen 3 TPT, there is no good reason to do this. Using the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT will give you an extra ~15mb of space compared to using the windows flasher then the corresponding TPT from here. The stock Gen 2 radio layout takes up more space than the Gen 1 radio layout, so if you're on Gen 1 already and just want to use Gen 2 roms, use one of wbaws TPTs.

Guest unrandomsam

Pretty much what unrandomsam said. The Gen 2 appsboot works fine with Gen 3, so its easier just to use that and the old style splash.img than try to see if the same change to enable fastboot will work on the Gen 3 appsboot.

Do you mean changing to/from Gen 2/3 without changing the layout, or just changing to a different Gen 2 amss.mbn?

I am already on gen3 (and potentially if another one becomes available I would like to change to it without having to mess around with the rom).

Guest unrandomsam

Can you add gen3 custom b (for completeness ?)

Don't suppose it makes much difference but may end up being the difference between a bloat free gen3 rom

and one that wastes the remaining 32MB with crap.

Failing that I guess I will upload it but I cannot update the first post.

Guest szenteshunor

For me both GEN 3 images failed to install.

First I installed original GEN 3 over TPT and then tried to install GEN 3 160 mb system.

It wrote error and then nothing.

Luckily I was able to roll back to GEN 2 with these images.

Anyway thanks for the efforts.

Guest Amphoras

I am already on gen3 (and potentially if another one becomes available I would like to change to it without having to mess around with the rom).

I don't think you can make an image.bin using ztepack without a system.img which would wipe your rom. I will see if you can do it with fonix's tool or not. If its possible, its a good idea.

Can you add gen3 custom b (for completeness ?)

Don't suppose it makes much difference but may end up being the difference between a bloat free gen3 rom

and one that wastes the remaining 32MB with crap.

Failing that I guess I will upload it but I cannot update the first post.

Can do.

For me both GEN 3 images failed to install.

First I installed original GEN 3 over TPT and then tried to install GEN 3 160 mb system.

It wrote error and then nothing.

Luckily I was able to roll back to GEN 2 with these images.

Anyway thanks for the efforts.

Did you get any message other than just error, and did it happen straight away or partway through the TPT?

Has anyone else tried these ones? If so did they work ok or did you get errors as well?

Guest burstlam

No luck with me either

I can't use the TPT directly (wbaw's firmware v9)

I need to flash a stock Gen2 image it to with the windows flasher and stock recovery.

Both Gen3 package encounter error at 81% with my OLED GEN1 machines:

Guest unrandomsam

I don't think you can make an image.bin using ztepack without a system.img which would wipe your rom. I will see if you can do it with fonix's tool or not. If its possible, its a good idea.

Can do.

Did you get any message other than just error, and did it happen straight away or partway through the TPT?

Has anyone else tried these ones? If so did they work ok or did you get errors as well?

Afaik the only manditory things to have in a gen2 tpt are partition.mbn and partition_zte.mbn

(and the matching header if you include something that has one).

i.e This works

\$ ../ztepack -p

Adding partition.mbn

Adding partition_zte.mbn

Adding amss.mbn

with header amsshd.mbn

Done

Guest Amphoras

No luck with me either

I can't use the TPT directly (wbaw's firmware v9)

I need to flash a stock Gen2 image it to with the windows flasher and stock recovery.

Both Gen3 package encounter error at 81% with my OLED GEN1 machines:

Hmm, will try and see what's causing this.

Afaik the only manditory things to have in a gen2 tpt are partition.mbn and partition_zte.mbn

(and the matching header if you include something that has one).

i.e This works

\$ ../ztepack -p

Adding partition.mbn

Adding partition_zte.mbn

Adding amss.mbn

with header amsshd.mbn

Done

Ah nice. I thought I'd tried it before and it gave me an error because I didn't include a system.img file. Must have got it confused with one of those. Thats good then, if we get any new amss.mbn's then I will add some more to just change that.

Have you used any of the Gen 3 ones successfully, or were you already on Gen 3 and didn't need to use any?

Guest unrandomsam

Hmm, will try and see what's causing this.

Ah nice. I thought I'd tried it before and it gave me an error because I didn't include a system.img file. Must have got it confused with one of those. Thats good then, if we get any new amss.mbn's then I will add some more to just change that.

Have you used any of the Gen 3 ones successfully, or were you already on Gen 3 and didn't need to use any?

I was already on gen3 from the official update image.bin (everything I have done since has not touched oemsbl etc (so I could always tpt back).

I have just tested just replacing just the radio now and it works fine. (Makes sense common users don't want to lose their data (More than get a potential improvement even))

I never used any of the gen3 ones. (Just used what I put in the original post).

Think you need everything from the original gen3 tpt

CWM as boot.img and recovery.img

except blank system.img / userdata.img / cache.img and the gen2 splash.img / appsboot.mbn / appsboothd.mbn)

(I know for certain you cannot just change amss.mbn and amsshd.mbn you need the newer oemsbl at least (and changing just parts of the other stuff is potentially very risky).

Edited by unrandomsam

Guest Amphoras

I was already on gen3 from the official update image.bin (everything I have done since has not touched oemsbl etc (so I could always tpt back).

I have just tested just replacing just the radio now and it works fine. (Makes sense common users don't want to lose their data (More than get a potential improvement even))

I never used any of the gen3 ones. (Just used what I put in the original post).

Think you need everything from the original gen3 tpt

CWM as boot.img and recovery.img

except blank system.img / userdata.img / cache.img and the gen2 splash.img / appsboot.mbn / appsboothd.mbn)

(I know for certain you cannot just change amss.mbn and amsshd.mbn you need the newer oemsbl at least (and changing just parts of the other stuff is potentially very risky).

The Gen 3 ones have all the Gen 3 files apart from the appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn and splash.img. They've got CWM v5 as boot and recovery, and a blank system.img. I don't remember if they had a cache.img or userdata.img, maybe this is causing the errors, but I don't see why as you can flash a TPT without them just fine.

Yeah, you need more than just the amss.mbn to go to Gen 3. When I tried the equivalent of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs to go from Gen 1 to Gen 3 I couldn't boot past the splash.img.

Guest unrandomsam

The Gen 3 ones have all the Gen 3 files apart from the appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn and splash.img. They've got CWM v5 as boot and recovery, and a blank system.img. I don't remember if they had a cache.img or userdata.img, maybe this is causing the errors, but I don't see why as you can flash a TPT without them just fine.

Yeah, you need more than just the amss.mbn to go to Gen 3. When I tried the equivalent of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs to go from Gen 1 to Gen 3 I couldn't boot past the splash.img.

Ok I am hypothesizing (Don't understand how they can fail for the few people who have mentioned it though).

I will test some more when I am ready to switch myself to 128MB /system gen3.