169 replies to this topic

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

Hmm, will try and see what's causing this.

Ah nice. I thought I'd tried it before and it gave me an error because I didn't include a system.img file. Must have got it confused with one of those. Thats good then, if we get any new amss.mbn's then I will add some more to just change that.

Have you used any of the Gen 3 ones successfully, or were you already on Gen 3 and didn't need to use any?

I was already on gen3 from the official update image.bin (everything I have done since has not touched oemsbl etc (so I could always tpt back).

I have just tested just replacing just the radio now and it works fine. (Makes sense common users don't want to lose their data (More than get a potential improvement even))
I never used any of the gen3 ones. (Just used what I put in the original post).

Think you need everything from the original gen3 tpt
CWM as boot.img and recovery.img
except blank system.img / userdata.img / cache.img and the gen2 splash.img / appsboot.mbn / appsboothd.mbn)

(I know for certain you cannot just change amss.mbn and amsshd.mbn you need the newer oemsbl at least (and changing just parts of the other stuff is potentially very risky).

Edited by unrandomsam, 22 October 2011 - 11:51 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I was already on gen3 from the official update image.bin (everything I have done since has not touched oemsbl etc (so I could always tpt back).

I have just tested just replacing just the radio now and it works fine. (Makes sense common users don't want to lose their data (More than get a potential improvement even))
I never used any of the gen3 ones. (Just used what I put in the original post).

Think you need everything from the original gen3 tpt
CWM as boot.img and recovery.img
except blank system.img / userdata.img / cache.img and the gen2 splash.img / appsboot.mbn / appsboothd.mbn)

(I know for certain you cannot just change amss.mbn and amsshd.mbn you need the newer oemsbl at least (and changing just parts of the other stuff is potentially very risky).

The Gen 3 ones have all the Gen 3 files apart from the appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn and splash.img. They've got CWM v5 as boot and recovery, and a blank system.img. I don't remember if they had a cache.img or userdata.img, maybe this is causing the errors, but I don't see why as you can flash a TPT without them just fine.

Yeah, you need more than just the amss.mbn to go to Gen 3. When I tried the equivalent of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs to go from Gen 1 to Gen 3 I couldn't boot past the splash.img.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

The Gen 3 ones have all the Gen 3 files apart from the appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn and splash.img. They've got CWM v5 as boot and recovery, and a blank system.img. I don't remember if they had a cache.img or userdata.img, maybe this is causing the errors, but I don't see why as you can flash a TPT without them just fine.

Yeah, you need more than just the amss.mbn to go to Gen 3. When I tried the equivalent of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs to go from Gen 1 to Gen 3 I couldn't boot past the splash.img.

Ok I am hypothesizing (Don't understand how they can fail for the few people who have mentioned it though).

I will test some more when I am ready to switch myself to 128MB /system gen3.

fonehacker

fonehacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Blade CM7.2/CFX [Dual Boot]
Getting error with gen3 (both) at 81% on my stock gen2 blade.

Via Dell XCD35- CM7.2 / CFX 31.05 [Dual Boot]

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
As they don't seem to be working at all, removing the Gen 3 links for now.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

Shonk

Shonk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Your better off doing a GEN3 with 100% orig files inc the splash

Aparently fast boot is enabled already

Someone posted this in my thread yesterday

Hi there guys.
Maybe you already know that but maybe not..hehe
Yesterday I installed official 2.3.5 on my blade. I wanted to flash clockwork mod but to get to fastboot you need to hold "home button" and "-" buttons instead of "+" as usual. By accident I found this Video on Youtube, it´s in Russian but look how he goes to fastboot mode:

https://www.youtube....feature=related

SO there is fastboot enabled in stock Gen3 :-D I have Clockwork now.
p.s. On my blade it stays on ZTE logo not on green android when in fastboot mode.

As they don't seem to be working at all, removing the Gen 3 links for now.

SpajX

SpajX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does this also unlock the hidden RAM?

Shonk

Shonk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
I have confirmed this works
my friend had a brand new monte carlo arrive from orange yesterday
and it turned up bricked (just sat on android logo)

and i used fastboot to recover it to save him sending it back

Your better off doing a GEN3 with 100% orig files inc the splash

Aparently fast boot is enabled already

Someone posted this in my thread yesterday

Hi there guys.
Maybe you already know that but maybe not..hehe
Yesterday I installed official 2.3.5 on my blade. I wanted to flash clockwork mod but to get to fastboot you need to hold "home button" and "-" buttons instead of "+" as usual. By accident I found this Video on Youtube, it´s in Russian but look how he goes to fastboot mode:

https://www.youtube....feature=related

SO there is fastboot enabled in stock Gen3 :-D I have Clockwork now.
p.s. On my blade it stays on ZTE logo not on green android when in fastboot mode.

martin tander(estonia)

martin tander(estonia)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:zte blade Gen2(wbaw)
I have a question...if i go to stock gen1,then tpt to stock gen2 using tpt from here,is it possible to go to gen3 using tpt from the list in fiest post? (When links are enabled again)

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Does this also unlock the hidden RAM?

It may if the device has it. I thought it was only Gen 1 devices that were locked to 256mb though, and this won't work on them.

I have confirmed this works
my friend had a brand new monte carlo arrive from orange yesterday
and it turned up bricked (just sat on android logo)

and i used fastboot to recover it to save him sending it back

I think that may have been the same as stock Gen 2 devices, they had fastboot but on a different button combination. The change puts it back to vol+ like on Gen 1 devices.

I have a question...if i go to stock gen1,then tpt to stock gen2 using tpt from here,is it possible to go to gen3 using tpt from the list in fiest post? (When links are enabled again)

You can't use these on Gen 1 phones. You'd need to use the windows flasher method to get to Gen 2 before they would work.

TPTs and other apps

martin tander(estonia)

martin tander(estonia)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:zte blade Gen2(wbaw)

Thank you for quick reply)

primus33

primus33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange FR)
Hi all,

I used the Gen3 TPT 160sys i get error too. But i can't restore anything, the device stuck on black screen with red led. I try recorer my device with ZTE Flasher posted on Recover Bricked Blade thread with no luck :(. I got error on partition.mbn and the blade restart itself.

Now my blade won't boot anymore (and no red led) and windows don't see it. It's not Amphoras fault, it's just an advice for people got the TPT GEN3 files and want to try it.

PS: I'll try all the method for recovering my device as describe in recover blade bricked thread.

Edited by primus33, 30 October 2011 - 12:51 PM.

szenteshunor

szenteshunor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Try to use a GEN 2 tpt from this thread.
I had the same situation and it helped me out.

Hi all,

I used the Gen3 TPT 160sys i get error too. But i can't restore anything, the device stuck on black screen with red led. I try recorer my device with ZTE Flasher posted on Recover Bricked Blade thread with no luck :(. I got error on partition.mbn and the blade restart itself.

Now my blade won't boot anymore (and no red led) and windows don't see it. It's not Amphoras fault, it's just an advice for people got the TPT GEN3 files and want to try it.

PS: I'll try all the method for recovering my device as describe in recover blade bricked thread.

ThePain

ThePain

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play, Dell XCD35
Hi All,

I have this problem with my Gen2 ZTE Blade (Dell XCD35 - India). There are times when the phone will simply refuse to boot up and remain stuck on the boot screen. This happens after the phone reboots itself for any reason or i shut down the phone and restart it.

When this happens, I usually have to pull out the battery, boot into CW Recovery and restore my latest nandroid backup to get back and running again. This is really tiring as i lose all my apps and messages etc since last backup.

I have tried various custom ROMs and the occurs with all of them. Having finally found a ROM i love, I want know whether using the Gen2 stock TPT posted on the first page of this thread will repartition my device and get it to behave normally?

Appreciate any advice that you can give me. Thanks.

The Pain !

ZTE Blade - BladeMix 360/Swedish Snow RLS3 - V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!
Xperia Play - OFW : 4.0.2.A.0.42 - BL Unlocked, Rooted, Doomlord's v10 Kernel and Bravia Engine, V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!

SpajX

SpajX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi All,

I have this problem with my Gen2 ZTE Blade (Dell XCD35 - India). There are times when the phone will simply refuse to boot up and remain stuck on the boot screen. This happens after the phone reboots itself for any reason or i shut down the phone and restart it.

When this happens, I usually have to pull out the battery, boot into CW Recovery and restore my latest nandroid backup to get back and running again. This is really tiring as i lose all my apps and messages etc since last backup.

I have tried various custom ROMs and the occurs with all of them. Having finally found a ROM i love, I want know whether using the Gen2 stock TPT posted on the first page of this thread will repartition my device and get it to behave normally?

Appreciate any advice that you can give me. Thanks.

Is it really necessary to boot into recovery and restore? The same thing happened to me after doing this TPT-thingie and flashed CM7, but I just removed the battery and booted the phone as usual and it worked like a charm.

Maybe the problem is returning because of the restoring?

ThePain

ThePain

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play, Dell XCD35

Is it really necessary to boot into recovery and restore? The same thing happened to me after doing this TPT-thingie and flashed CM7, but I just removed the battery and booted the phone as usual and it worked like a charm.

Maybe the problem is returning because of the restoring?

Tried with just pulling out the battery but it would never boot up. Did the recovery restore bit as it seemed to be the only way out.

I have since posting this query, repartitioned the phone using the windows firmware flashing method and doing a clean install of ROM. However the issue stil exists. Dunno whats causing it. :blink:

Switching ROMs does not help either

Edited by ThePain, 08 November 2011 - 05:03 PM.

The Pain !

ZTE Blade - BladeMix 360/Swedish Snow RLS3 - V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!
Xperia Play - OFW : 4.0.2.A.0.42 - BL Unlocked, Rooted, Doomlord's v10 Kernel and Bravia Engine, V6 Supercharged and Kickass Kernelizer!!

Thijsrijken

Thijsrijken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the TUT but my blade still isn't working, my pc (vista) says my usb-device is damaged and it can't be opened.
Anybody has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

BTW; my phone got bricked after I tried to install a stock rom, because a I had some problems with my custom rom.

davidnintendo

davidnintendo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
This is not working for me. I've downloaded the Gen2 custom TPT and followed the instructions, double-checked md5 checksums but when I turn the phone on holding volume+ and menu all it says is Error! multiple times in green letters. The phone is working but my partition layout is exactly the same it was before. It is stock Gen 2 and I have never windows flashed or anything similar. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've noticed that on the thread of the windows flasher, /system and /cache size is the same as it is in these TPTs, but here /data is smaller. Why are they different?

Thanks in advance.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

This is not working for me. I've downloaded the Gen2 custom TPT and followed the instructions, double-checked md5 checksums but when I turn the phone on holding volume+ and menu all it says is Error! multiple times in green letters. The phone is working but my partition layout is exactly the same it was before. It is stock Gen 2 and I have never windows flashed or anything similar. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've noticed that on the thread of the windows flasher, /system and /cache size is the same as it is in these TPTs, but here /data is smaller. Why are they different?

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to apply it to a phone that is gen1 or was upgraded to gen2 via TPT? because it won't work on them.

There is less space for all the partitions on stock gen2, hence the smaller data. Many of the layouts on the windows guide are wbaw's gen2 TPT files, which are actually gen1 at the lowest level and therefore have extra space.

davidnintendo

davidnintendo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Are you trying to apply it to a phone that is gen1 or was upgraded to gen2 via TPT? because it won't work on them.

There is less space for all the partitions on stock gen2, hence the smaller data. Many of the layouts on the windows guide are wbaw's gen2 TPT files, which are actually gen1 at the lowest level and therefore have extra space.

No. It is stock Gen 2. When I bought it from Yoigo in Spain it was Gen 2 and never windows flashed nor upgraded via TPT. And thank you for that explanation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users