• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

This is not working for me. I've downloaded the Gen2 custom TPT and followed the instructions, double-checked md5 checksums but when I turn the phone on holding volume+ and menu all it says is Error! multiple times in green letters. The phone is working but my partition layout is exactly the same it was before. It is stock Gen 2 and I have never windows flashed or anything similar. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've noticed that on the thread of the windows flasher, /system and /cache size is the same as it is in these TPTs, but here /data is smaller. Why are they different?

Thanks in advance.

Dunno why that's happening. Tried that one yesterday and it works ok for me. It said error right before it said success at the end, but everything seemed to have worked ok.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

davidnintendo

davidnintendo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Dunno why that's happening. Tried that one yesterday and it works ok for me. It said error right before it said success at the end, but everything seemed to have worked ok.

I've tried with both stock TPT and 160MB system partition TPT, on both a normal microSD card and a microSDHC and formated on both FAT and FAT32. I download the zip file, put it on my phone's sdcard, check md5 sum (match), decompile it and check md5 sum of the image file (match again), turn the phone off, wait several seconds and turn it back on holding menu, volume+ and power and I get a lot of green Error! messages. I think I am doing it right. Anyone with a Yoigo Blade around here can confirm it worked for them?

Martyx23

Martyx23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Yoigo blade and I can confirm, it doesn't work for me too. Same problem, just few lines with green Error! message.

hassehasse

hassehasse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
In order to install Gen 2 TPT on my Gen 3 Stock with this guide, do I need to root it or install Clockwork or anything first?

sm4tik

sm4tik

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Devices:Blade

In order to install Gen 2 TPT on my Gen 3 Stock with this guide, do I need to root it or install Clockwork or anything first?

I don't think you can use these with a stock Gen3?

Btw, I was trying to flash a new boot.img a while back but fastboot didn't do crap. I've used the 160MB-fastboot TPT which does give the fast "error" near the end of the process. I can boot into fastboot, the phone gets detected but nothing happened when I tried to flash. I'm using fastboot with linux. Anyone else?

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

No, but if you have newer hardware that is not included in the gen2 kernel you may have issues

intell

intell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Android
  • Devices:ZTE Blade v880
I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Probably it's the same one sold in another south america countries.

Use appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, TPT'em and you are done.

Old layout:
/cache = 37,5 mb
/system = 220 mb
/data = 162,5mb
/oem = 21 mb

New layout:
/cache = 2 mb
/system = 128 mb
/data = 311 mb (91,32% bigger!)
/oem = 0 mb

...almost twice the space for apps now! :)

Optional (but highly recommended) stuff:

- Before TPT'ing, do a nandroid backup. Then use generated boot.img, recovery.img, data.img (rename to userdata.img) and system.img to bring back all your apps and data. As long as your .img files fits in your new partition layout, you're fine.

- If you are using a Custom ROM with init.d (all Cyanogen 7 and clones), do via command prompt (adb required):

a) adb remount
b) adb push 80redirectcache /system/etc/init.d
c) adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache
d) adb shell chmod 750 /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache
e) adb shell mv /system/etc/init.d/06mountdl /system/etc
f) adb reboot

Now /cache and /cache/download are going to share the new huge /data space :)

- My current setup: Cyanogen 7.2.0 26Jan (Kang), Clockwork Recovery 5.0.2.0. I've removed some useless theme stuff to make system fit in 128 mb: Androidian.apk, Cyanbread.apk and ThemeChooser.apk. Obviously, they can be reinstalled later.

With all in place, your new Blade partitions should look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by intell, 18 February 2012 - 04:57 PM.

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Video games and mobile phones!
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
Someone help me...i flash yesterday a stock rom gen 1 and i didn't know that my phone is gen 2...now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces recovery and when i connect it to my pc it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...i can't do anything...i even try the method TPT but when i turn on with menu and vol+ is says update from t-flash and below 11'errors' appears....what can i do???please help me...sorry for my bad english

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Someone help me...i flash yesterday a stock rom gen 1 and i didn't know that my phone is gen 2...now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces recovery and when i connect it to my pc it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...i can't do anything...i even try the method TPT but when i turn on with menu and vol+ is says update from t-flash and below 11'errors' appears....what can i do???please help me...sorry for my bad english

Another couple of people have seen something similar to this:

I've tried with both stock TPT and 160MB system partition TPT, on both a normal microSD card and a microSDHC and formated on both FAT and FAT32. I download the zip file, put it on my phone's sdcard, check md5 sum (match), decompile it and check md5 sum of the image file (match again), turn the phone off, wait several seconds and turn it back on holding menu, volume+ and power and I get a lot of green Error! messages. I think I am doing it right. Anyone with a Yoigo Blade around here can confirm it worked for them?

I have Yoigo blade and I can confirm, it doesn't work for me too. Same problem, just few lines with green Error! message.

Do you have a Yoigo Blade as well? I don't know why this happens, it may be that these phones need slightly different files.

Can you get into fastboot mode? If you can you should be able to flash the stock recovery and try using the Windows flasher.

I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Thanks for posting these, its good that people with the Chinese version have more options to get some extra space as well now.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Another couple of people have seen something similar to this:

Do you have a Yoigo Blade as well? I don't know why this happens, it may be that these phones need slightly different files.

Can you get into fastboot mode? If you can you should be able to flash the stock recovery and try using the Windows flasher.

Thanks for posting these, its good that people with the Chinese version have more options to get some extra space as well now.

no i can't get in fastboot because my pc cannot recognise my usb...and i have a orange san francisco(zte blade)gen 2...what can i do???i need to go to orange...they will fix it or my beloved zte blade died forever:(((((???

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

no i can't get in fastboot because my pc cannot recognise my usb...and i have a orange san francisco(zte blade)gen 2...what can i do???i need to go to orange...they will fix it or my beloved zte blade died forever:(((((???

If its still under warranty you could try phoning Orange and see if they will replace it if you bought it from them. If you bought it second hand, then you'll probably have to go through whoever you bought it from, if you have a warranty. What happens if you hold the volume down button while turning it on?

You could try working through the steps in the de-bricking thread and see if one of them works for you. Take it slowly and read each one carefully before trying it. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed first as well so your computer can recognise your phone.

TPTs and other apps

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Zteblade07 tried flashing a Gen 1 rom on a stock Gen 2 device if that helps.
A couple of us gave as much help as we could.
android.modaco.com/topic/351740-need-urgent-help/

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

If its still under warranty you could try phoning Orange and see if they will replace it if you bought it from them. If you bought it second hand, then you'll probably have to go through whoever you bought it from, if you have a warranty. What happens if you hold the volume down button while turning it on?

You could try working through the steps in the de-bricking thread and see if one of them works for you. Take it slowly and read each one carefully before trying it. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed first as well so your computer can recognise your phone.

i bought the phone from orange abot 3 months ago...it is stiil under warranty but when i've done root it is not suposely to lose the warranty???and if a hold the volume down while turning appears the green android...so i can't acces clockwork even i am holding down for 5 min

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

i bought the phone from orange abot 3 months ago...it is stiil under warranty but when i've done root it is not suposely to lose the warranty???and if a hold the volume down while turning appears the green android...so i can't acces clockwork even i am holding down for 5 min

Try the methods in the de-bricking thread. One of them might work for you.

TPTs and other apps

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Try the methods in the de-bricking thread. One of them might work for you.

i've tried the third method and when i turn on with menu and vol+ hold down appears a green test:UPDATE FROM T-FLASH CARD and below many "errors"...the first method is to acces the clockwork and i can't,the second is to acces the phone via usb but my computer says USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNISED tha fourth the same requesting to boot in to recovery again i can't and the last methos it seems to me too dangerous of losing my blade forever...

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

i've tried the third method and when i turn on with menu and vol+ hold down appears a green test:UPDATE FROM T-FLASH CARD and below many "errors"...the first method is to acces the clockwork and i can't,the second is to acces the phone via usb but my computer says USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNISED tha fourth the same requesting to boot in to recovery again i can't and the last methos it seems to me too dangerous of losing my blade forever...

If none of them will work then your only option is to phone Orange and try and get it replaced.

TPTs and other apps

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

If none of them will work then your only option is to phone Orange and try and get it replaced.

I will go to orange shop and hope they will receive it...anyway tnk a lot

himanshu xcd35

himanshu xcd35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys..i tried to do a TPT of my stock gen 2 dell blade.
It rebooted just fine and i saw the error screen in green fonts as mentioned but it didnt moved ahead of that screen.
what can be the problem?

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Guys..i tried to do a TPT of my stock gen 2 dell blade.
It rebooted just fine and i saw the error screen in green fonts as mentioned but it didnt moved ahead of that screen.
what can be the problem?

Did you check the md5sums before starting? What does it show now? The green android, black screen, etc.?

TPTs and other apps

himanshu xcd35

himanshu xcd35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Did you check the md5sums before starting? What does it show now? The green android, black screen, etc.?

Hi Amphoras,

I didnt checked the MD5sums... you will laugh but actually i dont know how to check that..
and after rebooting..it was all black and in green colour there was one line written abut the team i suppose..
then in next 5-6 lines it was just written
Error!
Error!
Error!
Error!

then i took battery out and started my phone normally...it was working fine.. So luckily nothing bad happened...but i want to run the tpt in order to unlock ram if available.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users