• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Video games and mobile phones!
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

Hi Amphoras,

I didnt checked the MD5sums... you will laugh but actually i dont know how to check that..
and after rebooting..it was all black and in green colour there was one line written abut the team i suppose..
then in next 5-6 lines it was just written
Error!
Error!
Error!
Error!

then i took battery out and started my phone normally...it was working fine.. So luckily nothing bad happened...but i want to run the tpt in order to unlock ram if available.

himanshu you are a lucky man:))...to check the md5 you need(astro file manager just an ex)or i personally use MD5 Checksum Verifier...this is a program from my PC...and if yoy have a gen2 phone this mean you don't need to unlock extra ram because gen2 phones already have 512 ram...

Decadence1

Decadence1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi, I've followed the instructions in the original post but when I press +vol and menu, nothing happens and the phone just boots as normal. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: never mind got it

Edited by Decadence1, 24 February 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi Amphoras,

I didnt checked the MD5sums... you will laugh but actually i dont know how to check that..
and after rebooting..it was all black and in green colour there was one line written abut the team i suppose..
then in next 5-6 lines it was just written
Error!
Error!
Error!
Error!

then i took battery out and started my phone normally...it was working fine.. So luckily nothing bad happened...but i want to run the tpt in order to unlock ram if available.

You should always check the md5sums. If the file has been corrupted during downloading/unzipping and you flash it, it could permanently brick your phone.

You can use a few apps from the market to check md5sums. There is AFV, or you can use TPT Helper which is designed for this stuff.

There seem to be a few Blades just getting the list of errors when trying to use these. When I have the time I will try and look into it and find out why it happens. It doesn't seem to actually flash anything, so its probably not likely to cause any damage.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

JimJam707

JimJam707

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@JimJam707
Hey guys, I am trying to flash a TPT from the first post, but holding down Vol+ and Power just boots up the device normally :/

Samsung Galaxy SII - CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

ZTE Blade - CyanogenMod 7

Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 - CyanogenMod 9 Alphas

------------------------------------------------

Follow Me:

Twitter

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hey guys, I am trying to flash a TPT from the first post, but holding down Vol+ and Power just boots up the device normally :/

Was your phone originally Gen 1? If so then you probably need to use a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

JimJam707

JimJam707

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@JimJam707

Was your phone originally Gen 1? If so then you probably need to use a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT.

It was, so that explains that. Thanks :)

Samsung Galaxy SII - CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

ZTE Blade - CyanogenMod 7

Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 - CyanogenMod 9 Alphas

------------------------------------------------

Follow Me:

Twitter

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:ZTE ACQUA JB 4.1.2
Which one of the 3 listed partitions is the most suitable for coldfusion? I kinda confused a little bit.... :blink:

My phone was Gen 1 and I used Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT. Is it enough for coldfusion?

Edited by epyloxias, 25 February 2012 - 10:47 AM.

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

Which one of the 3 listed partitions is the most suitable for coldfusion? I kinda confused a little bit.... :blink:

My phone was Gen 1 and I used Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT. Is it enough for coldfusion?

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-stock.zip MD5:ae0207cd88429a062d8b1770b3acd2c4

This one.

Edited by De@n, 25 February 2012 - 12:46 PM.

ZTE BLADE07

ZTE BLADE07

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Video games and mobile phones!
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

You should always check the md5sums. If the file has been corrupted during downloading/unzipping and you flash it, it could permanently brick your phone.

You can use a few apps from the market to check md5sums. There is AFV, or you can use TPT Helper which is designed for this stuff.

There seem to be a few Blades just getting the list of errors when trying to use these. When I have the time I will try and look into it and find out why it happens. It doesn't seem to actually flash anything, so its probably not likely to cause any damage.

amphoras i get the same error when i try to TPT the phone...i finally gave up and i was to orange...but if you have time please do some research why this ërrors"occurs

n3tk0

n3tk0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade(Z3)
Hey guys, I have a problem, Yesterday when I try to resize my layout, I faced up with a problem. I make all steps, return the original recovery and all other files was at the phone, but when I try to with flasher my phone disconnect at 6/100 and at 8/100 the program say FAIL. Ok, my phone boot up like nothing was change. I try also with TPT Helper, and other images with stock rom on them, I still face the problem, there is no status bar for showing a progress for installation... I stuck with 160MB system Layout... made with flasher... Please give me some advice to get out from the situation. Thank you.

PP: I forgot my phone is stock GEN 2.

Edited by n3tk0, 25 February 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

You can use the ones from here.

Hey guys, I have a problem, Yesterday when I try to resize my layout, I faced up with a problem. I make all steps, return the original recovery and all other files was at the phone, but when I try to with flasher my phone disconnect at 6/100 and at 8/100 the program say FAIL. Ok, my phone boot up like nothing was change. I try also with TPT Helper, and other images with stock rom on them, I still face the problem, there is no status bar for showing a progress for installation... I stuck with 160MB system Layout... made with flasher... Please give me some advice to get out from the situation. Thank you.

PP: I forgot my phone is stock GEN 2.

Try one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs from here. Depending on what package you used with the Windows flasher you need different types.

TPTs and other apps

n3tk0

n3tk0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade(Z3)
Try one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs from here. Depending on what package you used with the Windows flasher you need different types.
[/quote]

Thank you that help, but the question I have is now which version is my phone? And what was the problem.

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-stock.zip MD5:ae0207cd88429a062d8b1770b3acd2c4

This one.

uh..... nope! That didn't worked for me :unsure:

Edited by epyloxias, 25 February 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Thank you that help, but the question I have is now which version is my phone? And what was the problem.

If the ones from that link worked, then I guess you used a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type layout when you first used the Windows flasher. This means you need to use Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs. Your phone should still be Gen 2, but you can check with Mr Pigfish if you want.

I don't know why the flasher wasn't working for you though.

TPTs and other apps

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

uh..... nope! That didn't worked for me :unsure:

You followed Amphoras' instructions on page 1?

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

You followed Amphoras' instructions on page 1?

yeap! didn't work. I'll give it another shot.

All set!

Edited by epyloxias, 25 February 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Ray-man

Ray-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco phone
Hi All,

I have an OSF that was originally GEN1 but successfully upgraded it to GEN2 last year using wbaw's TPT method and is currently running a CM nightly from August. I would like to flash a more recent CM stable rom but there have been so many changes that I am uncertain if anything needs to be done at TPT level before I start (revised rom partition sizes etc.).

Maybe I just need to use a more recent TPT from the list that sets the approriate rom partitions etc. then flash a new rom, but can this be done when the phone's already had the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade or is there anything else that needs to be done first, and do I just follow the instructions as though I was doing the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade for the first time? - Any guidance on the correct sequence of steps would be appreciated.

Also, looking at the ColdFusion developments I did wonder if I should opt for an even bigger rom partition size now so that rom can be flashed once it's settled down. I assume there must be a downside to allocating more rom size than is needed, presumably it reduces user space for apps etc. but I've no idea how significant that would be for most people.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi All,

I have an OSF that was originally GEN1 but successfully upgraded it to GEN2 last year using wbaw's TPT method and is currently running a CM nightly from August. I would like to flash a more recent CM stable rom but there have been so many changes that I am uncertain if anything needs to be done at TPT level before I start (revised rom partition sizes etc.).

Maybe I just need to use a more recent TPT from the list that sets the approriate rom partitions etc. then flash a new rom, but can this be done when the phone's already had the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade or is there anything else that needs to be done first, and do I just follow the instructions as though I was doing the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade for the first time? - Any guidance on the correct sequence of steps would be appreciated.

Also, looking at the ColdFusion developments I did wonder if I should opt for an even bigger rom partition size now so that rom can be flashed once it's settled down. I assume there must be a downside to allocating more rom size than is needed, presumably it reduces user space for apps etc. but I've no idea how significant that would be for most people.

If you used a Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT before, you can use it again. You don't need to go back to Gen 1 first, and you just follow the same instructions.

The more space you allocate for the rom, the less space you have for apps. If all the space you allocated for the rom isn't being used, then its effectively being wasted as it isn't neede by the rom, and it can't be used for apps. Other than that there is no problem with giving more space than you need for the rom. If you using some kind of apps to ext method (darktremor, s2e, etc.) then it doesn't matter very much. The extra space provided by these methods is going to be much more than any wasted space by allocating too much to the rom.

TPTs and other apps

Ray-man

Ray-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco phone

If you used a Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT before, you can use it again. You don't need to go back to Gen 1 first, and you just follow the same instructions.

The more space you allocate for the rom, the less space you have for apps. If all the space you allocated for the rom isn't being used, then its effectively being wasted as it isn't neede by the rom, and it can't be used for apps. Other than that there is no problem with giving more space than you need for the rom. If you using some kind of apps to ext method (darktremor, s2e, etc.) then it doesn't matter very much. The extra space provided by these methods is going to be much more than any wasted space by allocating too much to the rom.

Thanks for the help Amphoras, much appreciated.

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
I have a DELL XCD35, is this a Chinese or a European blade?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users