Guest Amphoras

Guest shanky887614

the easiest thing to do is.

keep system size at 200mb then whatever is left for data

then use an ext partition on memory card and darktremor will install apps there

i know on swedish spings it auto installs onto the ext partition

Guest RayDid

Hi all

So, I used this method to change my rom (stock gen2), it worked, but today, I want to change my rom again. Do I have to follow this tutorial again ? From the start ?

Thank you :)

(scuse me for my english, if there are some mistakes, I'm french)

Guest Amphoras

Hi all

So, I used this method to change my rom (stock gen2), it worked, but today, I want to change my rom again. Do I have to follow this tutorial again ? From the start ?

Thank you :)

(scuse me for my english, if there are some mistakes, I'm french)

As long as the rom you want to install will fit inside your new partition sizes, you can just use Clockwork to change rom. If it needs a bigger partition size then yes you will have to use a TPT again.

Guest matje103

Sorry I'm new to TPT'ing, how can I check my current partitioning? If I use ES File Explorer to navigate to /system it says /system size is about 400 mb. seems very unlikely to me..

Guest gyurmo

Hi!

I`ve a question if somebody can help me pls.

My blade is a Gen2 (system 150mb data 304mb cache 2mb).

I want to change it to use a different rom.(gen 2 stock 210mb system, 204mb data, 37mb cache)

I tried the tpt (rebooting holding vol+ and menu) and nothing happend.

i tried the tpt helper, its said: sorry this feature is not yet supported for your current rom.

My current rom is: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Blade.

Any idea?

Thx.

Guest Amphoras

Sorry I'm new to TPT'ing, how can I check my current partitioning? If I use ES File Explorer to navigate to /system it says /system size is about 400 mb. seems very unlikely to me..

You could use this app to check.

Hi!

I`ve a question if somebody can help me pls.

My blade is a Gen2 (system 150mb data 304mb cache 2mb).

I want to change it to use a different rom.(gen 2 stock 210mb system, 204mb data, 37mb cache)

I tried the tpt (rebooting holding vol+ and menu) and nothing happend.

i tried the tpt helper, its said: sorry this feature is not yet supported for your current rom.

My current rom is: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Blade.

Any idea?

Thx.

When you say rebooting, have you tried turning your phone off completely and then turning it on holding vol+ and menu? If that still doesn't work, try it with a different sdcard. Some of them just don't work with TPTs for some reason.

Guest matje103

You could use this app to check.

Thanks for the quick response! As I had expected I'm still on stock TPT. Your app is very useful, it is actually a better version of 'ask mr. pigfish'. I rated it 5 stars!

Edited by matje103

Guest David Horvath

Guys, I would need your help. I would like to try the CM9 rom and I see I would need to repartition the internal memory of the Blade. I've tried to do it without any success. It seems TPT is disabled. the TPT helper says I have a windows upgraded Gen2. I've tried 4 clockwork images, working fine, but when I power off, pick out the battery, put it back, hold the menu+volume up buttons and power on, its just booting up, sometimes not even budge and stay powered off. I've tried volume up, and again nothing.

Do you have any hints? Can I flash a TPT image somehow around?

Thanks,

Chronos.hun

Guest Amphoras

Guys, I would need your help. I would like to try the CM9 rom and I see I would need to repartition the internal memory of the Blade. I've tried to do it without any success. It seems TPT is disabled. the TPT helper says I have a windows upgraded Gen2. I've tried 4 clockwork images, working fine, but when I power off, pick out the battery, put it back, hold the menu+volume up buttons and power on, its just booting up, sometimes not even budge and stay powered off. I've tried volume up, and again nothing.

Thanks,

Chronos.hun

TPT Helper can't tell you which type you have yet, or did you mean the other app I linked earlier?

You could always try using a different sdcard, some just don't work with TPTs.

Guest fradleyp

Thanks,

Chronos.hun

I am in the exact same position, wanting to try CM9 but no tpt's seem to boot up?

blade checker says:

European blade (512MB RAM)) detected

Stock/Windows upgraded Gen 2 phone detected

Use image.bin style TPTs

System: 136MB

Data: 289MB

Cache: 15MB

oh and I've tried two sdcards, including the original used to upgrade

Edited by fradleyp

Guest joaolage

Hi Amphoras,

I've downloaded your two apps (TPT Helper and Blade Checker)

On Blade Checker I got this message:

European Blade (512MB RAM) detected

TPT Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected

Use Gen 1 Style TPTs

Currender partition sizes:

System: 138MB

Data: 315MB

Cache: 2MB

EDIT: I pasted the image folder on the sdcard root correctly and md5 checksum was OK (by TPT Helper)

I've tried your G2 stock.zip and when I restarted (Vol+ and menu key) the Blade loops on the Green android image and no green text.

I've also tried Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 without success.

Can you help me please? I want to try ICS roms and that requires new layout partitions.

Edited by joaolage

Guest Andy58

On Blade Checker I got this message:

Use Gen 1 Style TPTs

I've tried your G2 stock.zip and when I restarted (Vol+ and menu key) the Blade loops on the Green android image and no green text.

I've also tried Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 without success.

Can you help me please? I want to try ICS roms and that requires new layout partitions.

Try using Gen 1 TPTs as suggested by Blade Checker rolleyes.gif

Guest solidslash

Amphoras, I'm unable to create a custom TPT in TPT Helper.

After selecting android logo, recovery and cache/system sizes - I'm getting "Failed to download custom-tpt-files.zip".

The download doesn't even start, just hangs on 0/100 and after few seconds I'm getting that nasty error.

What's going on?

edit:

Oh, disregard this. It was my wifi acting up. Sorry.

Edited by solidslash

• 1 month later...
Guest C!chy

I am in the exact same position, wanting to try CM9 but no tpt's seem to boot up?

blade checker says:

European blade (512MB RAM)) detected

Stock/Windows upgraded Gen 2 phone detected

Use image.bin style TPTs

System: 136MB

Data: 289MB

Cache: 15MB

oh and I've tried two sdcards, including the original used to upgrade

Same here. I've upgraded to Gen2 via FTM (Widnows) method. Now, how can I resize my partitions to fit my needs? I need at least 200 MB system partition.

Guest Amphoras

Same here. I've upgraded to Gen2 via FTM (Widnows) method. Now, how can I resize my partitions to fit my needs? I need at least 200 MB system partition.

Try using a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT, and see if that works instead.

Guest karololszak

I've got a Gen2 stock Red Bull Mobile One (re-branded ZTE Blade) but I can't do any TPTs on it. I rooted it quite a while ago (about half a year ago) with z4root or universalandroot, I don't remember which worked (I don't think it matters),but I got ROM Manager working, I installed ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 and since then I have CM7 on it (updated it to RC3 today). I want to get my /system from 220mb down to 160 to get more space for /data. I've tried the one from this topic (Gen2 custom b - Gen2-fastboot-160sys-tpt.zip), the one from wbaw from xda and the one TPT Helper got for me and also the one that I created in TPT Helper. All the apps for the Blade I could find in the market (Ask Mr. Pigfish, TPT Helper, Blade Checker) confirmed that my Blade is Gen2 stock.

When I tried any of the TPTs mentioned all I got was green "error" text repeated few times. I even tried Gen1->Gen2 TPTs (ones I used on my old Gen1 stock Blade to convert it to Gen2) but they also gave me the same error message. I also changed the SD card (I used the one that worked when I did TPT for my Gen1 Blade) and tried all the mentioned TPTs but it still was giving the same error message.

When I go into the TPT mode it shows the usual line "T-flash something" but then only few lines of "error" (and it doesn't say what error it is! just "error"). Can you think of any way I can get my /system and /data resized that will work? I can do some debugging for you if it's actually possible to debug TPT mode...

Guest C!chy
Try using a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT, and see if that works instead.

Thx, but since I couldn't find desired partition layout I used TPT Helper to build a custom layout.

Unfortunately when I initiate a TPT flash process it seems to hang right after it starts on the "load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn" message. I left the phone for some time but nothing happens. After I reseat the battery I can successfully boot into old system.

Any ideas?

Edited by C!chy

Guest leripe

I have been trying to make a custom tpt (with tpt helper): gen2, cyanogenmod, cwm 5.0.2.0, 2mb cache, 200mb system.

But it always fails with error: "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions."

The app is allowed on superuser and i have tried with 3 different sd cards.

Blade Checker says my phone is: eu 512mb, stock/windows upgraded gen 2 phone, 220mb system, 162mb data, 37mb cache.

EDIT1: Okays, figured out the problem, i thought/remembered that my phone was gen2 stock but seems I have tpt'd it to gen2 looong ago, since I changed the setting from "gen2 stock" to "gen1-gen2 upgraded with TPT" and now i didnt get the previous error.

EDIT2: Only problem now is that i cant get TPT to start when booting volume+ and menu button or volume+ only. Got the ztepack folder and image folder at my sd's root. I have tried with 2 different sd cards.

Edited by leripe

Guest yash_p90

I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Probably it's the same one sold in another south america countries.

Use appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, TPT'em and you are done.

Old layout:

/cache = 37,5 mb

/system = 220 mb

/data = 162,5mb

/oem = 21 mb

New layout:

/cache = 2 mb

/system = 128 mb

/data = 311 mb (91,32% bigger!)

/oem = 0 mb

...almost twice the space for apps now! :)

Optional (but highly recommended) stuff:

- Before TPT'ing, do a nandroid backup. Then use generated boot.img, recovery.img, data.img (rename to userdata.img) and system.img to bring back all your apps and data. As long as your .img files fits in your new partition layout, you're fine.

- If you are using a Custom ROM with init.d (all Cyanogen 7 and clones), do via command prompt (adb required):

a) adb remount

B) adb push 80redirectcache /system/etc/init.d

c) adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache

d) adb shell chmod 750 /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache

e) adb shell mv /system/etc/init.d/06mountdl /system/etc

f) adb reboot

Now /cache and /cache/download are going to share the new huge /data space :)

- My current setup: Cyanogen 7.2.0 26Jan (Kang), Clockwork Recovery 5.0.2.0. I've removed some useless theme stuff to make system fit in 128 mb: Androidian.apk, Cyanbread.apk and ThemeChooser.apk. Obviously, they can be reinstalled later.

With all in place, your new Blade partitions should look like this:

cachee.jpg

screenshotoe.png

How to get this working on my ZTE v880?

• 1 month later...
Guest onlyrichard

;) Hi everybody! nice to write to you (I am a very beginner user, but I read a lot about this), please help me...(sorry for my english)

I have a rooted ZTE-U V880 stock G2 (Chinese phone) Swedish Snow ROM/RLS7/Android 2.3

SYSTEM 220MB

DATA 160MB

CACHE 37.5MB

And I would like (if that's possible) change to:

SYSTEM 160MB

DATA 279MB

CACHE 2MB... with Gen 3 v2a option at http://amphoras.co.u...de-tpts#g2stock (is this possible??? WHICH TPT can you recommend me??? WHICH brand SD CARD's and SIZE you recommend me???) I try but power+volumeUP+menu doesn't work...

Sorry but nobody tells the risk to do this, for example: if I finally change DATA SIZE; can I flash any ROM in my BLADE??? (CM or Jellyfish or Swedish)??? even these ROMs are not made for this partitions sizes, right??? (it doesn't matters PARTITIONS SIZES if the ROM doesn't require more space for SYSTEM, right??? so I can flash almost any ROM, right???)

Last but not the least: WHICH ROM you recommend me???

Thank you very much guys!!!!!

Edited by onlyrichard

Guest thongnh

;) Hi everybody! nice to write to you (I am a very beginner user, but I read a lot about this), please help me...(sorry for my english)

I have a rooted ZTE-U V880 stock G2 (Chinese phone) Swedish Snow ROM/RLS7/Android 2.3

SYSTEM 220MB

DATA 160MB

CACHE 37.5MB

And I would like (if that's possible) change to:

SYSTEM 160MB

DATA 279MB

CACHE 2MB... with Gen 3 v2a option at http://amphoras.co.u...de-tpts#g2stock (is this possible??? WHICH TPT can you recommend me??? WHICH brand SD CARD's and SIZE you recommend me???) I try but power+volumeUP+menu doesn't work...

Sorry but nobody tells the risk to do this, for example: if I finally change DATA SIZE; can I flash any ROM in my BLADE??? (CM or Jellyfish or Swedish)??? even these ROMs are not made for this partitions sizes, right??? (it doesn't matters PARTITIONS SIZES if the ROM doesn't require more space for SYSTEM, right??? so I can flash almost any ROM, right???)

Last but not the least: WHICH ROM you recommend me???

Thank you very much guys!!!!!

Plz don't flash TPT because your phone is chinese blade phone, your phone will be brick if you're flashed TPT of euro blade phone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TehStalker

I have been trying to make a custom tpt (with tpt helper): gen2, cyanogenmod, cwm 5.0.2.0, 2mb cache, 200mb system.

But it always fails with error: "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions."

The app is allowed on superuser and i have tried with 3 different sd cards.

Blade Checker says my phone is: eu 512mb, stock/windows upgraded gen 2 phone, 220mb system, 162mb data, 37mb cache.

EDIT1: Okays, figured out the problem, i thought/remembered that my phone was gen2 stock but seems I have tpt'd it to gen2 looong ago, since I changed the setting from "gen2 stock" to "gen1-gen2 upgraded with TPT" and now i didnt get the previous error.

EDIT2: Only problem now is that i cant get TPT to start when booting volume+ and menu button or volume+ only. Got the ztepack folder and image folder at my sd's root. I have tried with 2 different sd cards.

Same situation, a stock gen 2 phone that had previously been flashed with a custom TPT. Trying to do it again it simply wont start regardless of the settings used.