i know on swedish spings it auto installs onto the ext partition

RayDid

RayDid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen2
Hi all

So, I used this method to change my rom (stock gen2), it worked, but today, I want to change my rom again. Do I have to follow this tutorial again ? From the start ?

Thank you :)
(scuse me for my english, if there are some mistakes, I'm french)

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi all

So, I used this method to change my rom (stock gen2), it worked, but today, I want to change my rom again. Do I have to follow this tutorial again ? From the start ?

Thank you :)
(scuse me for my english, if there are some mistakes, I'm french)

As long as the rom you want to install will fit inside your new partition sizes, you can just use Clockwork to change rom. If it needs a bigger partition size then yes you will have to use a TPT again.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

RayDid

RayDid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen2
Thanks Amphoras, it works :)

Edited by RayDid, 26 March 2012 - 07:49 PM.

matje103

matje103

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@matje103
Sorry I'm new to TPT'ing, how can I check my current partitioning? If I use ES File Explorer to navigate to /system it says /system size is about 400 mb. seems very unlikely to me..

gyurmo

gyurmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung galaxy Note 2 Lte
  • Twitter:@-
Hi!

I`ve a question if somebody can help me pls.
My blade is a Gen2 (system 150mb data 304mb cache 2mb).
I want to change it to use a different rom.(gen 2 stock 210mb system, 204mb data, 37mb cache)
I tried the tpt (rebooting holding vol+ and menu) and nothing happend.
i tried the tpt helper, its said: sorry this feature is not yet supported for your current rom.
My current rom is: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Blade.
Any idea?

Thx.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Sorry I'm new to TPT'ing, how can I check my current partitioning? If I use ES File Explorer to navigate to /system it says /system size is about 400 mb. seems very unlikely to me..

You could use this app to check.

Hi!

I`ve a question if somebody can help me pls.
My blade is a Gen2 (system 150mb data 304mb cache 2mb).
I want to change it to use a different rom.(gen 2 stock 210mb system, 204mb data, 37mb cache)
I tried the tpt (rebooting holding vol+ and menu) and nothing happend.
i tried the tpt helper, its said: sorry this feature is not yet supported for your current rom.
My current rom is: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Blade.
Any idea?

Thx.

When you say rebooting, have you tried turning your phone off completely and then turning it on holding vol+ and menu? If that still doesn't work, try it with a different sdcard. Some of them just don't work with TPTs for some reason.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

matje103

matje103

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@matje103

You could use this app to check.

Thanks for the quick response! As I had expected I'm still on stock TPT. Your app is very useful, it is actually a better version of 'ask mr. pigfish'. I rated it 5 stars!

Edited by matje103, 28 March 2012 - 10:13 PM.

David Horvath

David Horvath

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Devices:SF
Guys, I would need your help. I would like to try the CM9 rom and I see I would need to repartition the internal memory of the Blade. I've tried to do it without any success. It seems TPT is disabled. the TPT helper says I have a windows upgraded Gen2. I've tried 4 clockwork images, working fine, but when I power off, pick out the battery, put it back, hold the menu+volume up buttons and power on, its just booting up, sometimes not even budge and stay powered off. I've tried volume up, and again nothing.

Do you have any hints? Can I flash a TPT image somehow around?

Thanks,
Chronos.hun

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx + Android Eclair on SF == freedom

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Guys, I would need your help. I would like to try the CM9 rom and I see I would need to repartition the internal memory of the Blade. I've tried to do it without any success. It seems TPT is disabled. the TPT helper says I have a windows upgraded Gen2. I've tried 4 clockwork images, working fine, but when I power off, pick out the battery, put it back, hold the menu+volume up buttons and power on, its just booting up, sometimes not even budge and stay powered off. I've tried volume up, and again nothing.

Thanks,
Chronos.hun

TPT Helper can't tell you which type you have yet, or did you mean the other app I linked earlier?

You could always try using a different sdcard, some just don't work with TPTs.

TPTs and other apps

fradleyp

fradleyp

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Thanks,
Chronos.hun

I am in the exact same position, wanting to try CM9 but no tpt's seem to boot up?

blade checker says:

European blade (512MB RAM)) detected
Stock/Windows upgraded Gen 2 phone detected
Use image.bin style TPTs

System: 136MB
Data: 289MB
Cache: 15MB
oh and I've tried two sdcards, including the original used to upgrade

Edited by fradleyp, 31 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.

ZTE Blade OLED
Clockwork recovery
CM7
Converted Gen2

joaolage

joaolage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Amphoras,

I've downloaded your two apps (TPT Helper and Blade Checker)

On Blade Checker I got this message:
European Blade (512MB RAM) detected
TPT Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected
Use Gen 1 Style TPTs

Currender partition sizes:
System: 138MB
Data: 315MB
Cache: 2MB

EDIT: I pasted the image folder on the sdcard root correctly and md5 checksum was OK (by TPT Helper)

I've tried your G2 stock.zip and when I restarted (Vol+ and menu key) the Blade loops on the Green android image and no green text.
I've also tried Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 without success.

Can you help me please? I want to try ICS roms and that requires new layout partitions.

Edited by joaolage, 03 April 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Andy58

Andy58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco

On Blade Checker I got this message:

Use Gen 1 Style TPTs

I've tried your G2 stock.zip and when I restarted (Vol+ and menu key) the Blade loops on the Green android image and no green text.
I've also tried Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 without success.

Can you help me please? I want to try ICS roms and that requires new layout partitions.

Try using Gen 1 TPTs as suggested by Blade Checker Posted Image

joaolage

joaolage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Many thanks for your help. Now the phone is running ICS.
Keep the good work, Amphoras!

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Try using Gen 1 TPTs as suggested by Blade Checker Posted Image

What he said :).

TPTs and other apps

solidslash

solidslash

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)
  • Twitter:@solidslash
Amphoras, I'm unable to create a custom TPT in TPT Helper.
After selecting android logo, recovery and cache/system sizes - I'm getting "Failed to download custom-tpt-files.zip".
The download doesn't even start, just hangs on 0/100 and after few seconds I'm getting that nasty error.
What's going on?

edit:
Oh, disregard this. It was my wifi acting up. Sorry.

Edited by solidslash, 09 April 2012 - 12:11 PM.

C!chy

C!chy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange SF)

I am in the exact same position, wanting to try CM9 but no tpt's seem to boot up?

blade checker says:

European blade (512MB RAM)) detected
Stock/Windows upgraded Gen 2 phone detected
Use image.bin style TPTs

System: 136MB
Data: 289MB
Cache: 15MB
oh and I've tried two sdcards, including the original used to upgrade

Same here. I've upgraded to Gen2 via FTM (Widnows) method. Now, how can I resize my partitions to fit my needs? I need at least 200 MB system partition.

:: C!chy ::
--------------
ZTE Blade [Gen 2 via FTM]
--------------
GEN1: JJ RLS9 -> SSpring RLS5 -> MMHMP RLS7
GEN2: CM 7.2 Burstlam -> MMHMP r8 uvk -> SSnow r7 -> AOKP CM9 rmx -> Back to SSnow r7 !!!

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Same here. I've upgraded to Gen2 via FTM (Widnows) method. Now, how can I resize my partitions to fit my needs? I need at least 200 MB system partition.

Try using a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT, and see if that works instead.

TPTs and other apps

karololszak

karololszak

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I've got a Gen2 stock Red Bull Mobile One (re-branded ZTE Blade) but I can't do any TPTs on it. I rooted it quite a while ago (about half a year ago) with z4root or universalandroot, I don't remember which worked (I don't think it matters),but I got ROM Manager working, I installed ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 and since then I have CM7 on it (updated it to RC3 today). I want to get my /system from 220mb down to 160 to get more space for /data. I've tried the one from this topic (Gen2 custom b - Gen2-fastboot-160sys-tpt.zip), the one from wbaw from xda and the one TPT Helper got for me and also the one that I created in TPT Helper. All the apps for the Blade I could find in the market (Ask Mr. Pigfish, TPT Helper, Blade Checker) confirmed that my Blade is Gen2 stock.
When I tried any of the TPTs mentioned all I got was green "error" text repeated few times. I even tried Gen1->Gen2 TPTs (ones I used on my old Gen1 stock Blade to convert it to Gen2) but they also gave me the same error message. I also changed the SD card (I used the one that worked when I did TPT for my Gen1 Blade) and tried all the mentioned TPTs but it still was giving the same error message.
When I go into the TPT mode it shows the usual line "T-flash something" but then only few lines of "error" (and it doesn't say what error it is! just "error"). Can you think of any way I can get my /system and /data resized that will work? I can do some debugging for you if it's actually possible to debug TPT mode...

FREE BITCOINS! Yes, we give away bitcoins for absolutely free! Check it out!

C!chy

C!chy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Orange SF)

Try using a Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPT, and see if that works instead.

Thx, but since I couldn't find desired partition layout I used TPT Helper to build a custom layout.
Unfortunately when I initiate a TPT flash process it seems to hang right after it starts on the "load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn" message. I left the phone for some time but nothing happens. After I reseat the battery I can successfully boot into old system.

Any ideas?

Edited by C!chy, 27 May 2012 - 09:47 PM.

:: C!chy ::
--------------
ZTE Blade [Gen 2 via FTM]
--------------
GEN1: JJ RLS9 -> SSpring RLS5 -> MMHMP RLS7
GEN2: CM 7.2 Burstlam -> MMHMP r8 uvk -> SSnow r7 -> AOKP CM9 rmx -> Back to SSnow r7 !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users