ZTE Blade TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest khizhny

Please help. I need Stock GEN3 TPT for Blade with 220 Mb System partition size.

Need to restore original ROM but it's too big for fit in stock 200Mb System TPT. I've found just an old broken link.

Guest netean

For anyone with problems getting into recover with power and Vol +.

Try Power and Vol -

(some Blades, mine included are reversed)

I can't enter recovery with Vol+. that just causes the bootloader to stop completely.

I can only use Power and Volume Down

Turn off phone completely

Press Volume - button and keep it held down

Press and hold Power for a second or two.. (keep holding vol -)

When phone turns on you can release power button, but keep holding Vol - until you enter recovery manager.

I remember when I first got my blade spending hours trying to work out what was wrong, or what I was doing wrong.. It's just that I got an "special" one!

Guest lunario

you must be on a stock rom to use tpt helper... i said that before and i say again TPT HELPER volume + menu only works with a zte stock rom you must use a STOCK or konstat SSR 7 to use TPT helper

Guest jventura

you must be on a stock rom to use tpt helper... i said that before and i say again TPT HELPER volume + menu only works with a zte stock rom you must use a STOCK or konstat SSR 7 to use TPT helper

I'm not so sure about that! Two weeks ago I TPT'd my sister's phone back to stock (to go to service, because of touchscreen problems) and it worked fine.. Sometimes you don't need to press Menu, just Vol+ to make it work..

Guest lunario

I'm not so sure about that! Two weeks ago I TPT'd my sister's phone back to stock (to go to service, because of touchscreen problems) and it worked fine.. Sometimes you don't need to press Menu, just Vol+ to make it work..

acording to this volume + meunu needs stock ( maybe not anymore ? ) still i think its safer to be on stock rom to use tpt helper ( less problems )

Guest szrom

Hi!

I got the same issue as some people that posted before. I've bought RedBull Mobile One which is stock european gen2. I've downloaded the image using TPT Helper, made sure everything is done right (md5 sums, etc), yet after turning phone on with volume+ and menu buttons, everything I see are few lines saying "error!". ROM boots fine after that.

I'm currently using cwm6 recovery. Do I need stock recovery in order to proceed?

Guest lunario

install a stock rom can be konstat swedish snow because its safer . and volume + works. just nandroid your current rom install the stock tpt and restore your previous rom

Guest szrom

install a stock rom can be konstat swedish snow because its safer . and volume + works. just nandroid your current rom install the stock tpt and restore your previous rom

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what do you exactly mean. How could swedish snow be a stock rom? Also, I asked about recovery.

Guest lunario

SWEDISH SNOW is based on official zte 2.3.5 with just a few modifications so it works as a stock rom and you don't need stock recovery .

Guest szrom

Done as you said, yet problem isn't solved - still getting "Error!" messages, even tried a TPT from OP's post.

Edit: Looks like I have to unlock TPT. I'm doing this with http://www.modaco.co...ra-via-windows/ this guide.

I get to the point where I have to click on the downloader. The "Start" button didn't activate, so I tried to install new USB drivers - i didn't work. I've searched and installed a coulple of other drivers, yet I still can't click on the start button. I'm using win7 32 bit. Any solution?

Edited by szrom

Guest Shadow_Lance

Volume + menu doesnt only work on stock roms because it can work on custom roms. For e.g Swedish Snow

RSL7 is based on a stock rom but either way its still a custom rom. It works because TPT update

was included in it. Also because I did the tpt, update on KonstaT cm10.1 and menu +vol worked and it was neither actually based on the the cm10.1 since its unofficial and its a custom rom..

Guest Shadow_Lance

acording to this volume + meunu needs stock ( maybe not anymore ? ) still i think its safer to be on stock rom to use tpt helper ( less problems )

I'm sorry but are you talking about a stock that isn't rooted? That cause a lot of probs..because you need a rooted phone to use Swedish Snow RSL7 after the update tpt installs and you need clockwork recovery to install a rom (and it dosent work without a rooted phone...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nfs1mw

Finally i have successfully repartitioned my blade (stock gen2) with custom partition sizes from "Tpt Helper" app.

At first i tried creating custom tpt on CM10.1 rom. It gave me the Error "Failed to copy zte pack". ​And it didn't create image.bin which is required for my phone. Hence it didn't work.

Then I installed CM7 and tried creating custom TPT. I have chosen normal android logo, cwm5020, 2mb-cache, 180mb-system. It succesfully created the image.bin . I reverified the files in image folder and as expected 10/12 files matched . Then powered off the phone and did (menu vol+ power) and it worked as it should.

Maybe we should use gingerbread rom while creating custom partition sizes.

• 3 months later...
Guest xhanatos021

I Use The TPT Helper And It Says

"You Got A European Blade"

What Dose It Mean??

Help Will Be Likeable :DD And A Advance Thanks :3

Guest sky lined

European blade, generation 2 through windows, 128 MB system partition, not enough for jelly bean roms+gapps. I follow the procedure described and nothing happens, the phone starts as normal. Tried cm7 and cm10, tpt helper "does not support this function for this rom" so really don't know what to do.

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by sky lined

• 1 month later...
Guest chorao

Finally i have successfully repartitioned my blade (stock gen2) with custom partition sizes from "Tpt Helper" app.

At first i tried creating custom tpt on CM10.1 rom. It gave me the Error "Failed to copy zte pack". ​And it didn't create image.bin which is required for my phone. Hence it didn't work.

Then I installed CM7 and tried creating custom TPT. I have chosen normal android logo, cwm5020, 2mb-cache, 180mb-system. It succesfully created the image.bin . I reverified the files in image folder and as expected 10/12 files matched . Then powered off the phone and did (menu vol+ power) and it worked as it should.

Maybe we should use gingerbread rom while creating custom partition sizes.

any chance on having that gen2 custom of 180mb for new jb4.3 install? whit the present solutions the phone keeps rebooting...

Guest chorao

any chance on having that gen2 custom of 180mb for new jb4.3 install? whit the present solutions the phone keeps rebooting...

update: installed cm 702 and made it

gen2 custom:180mb system, 2mb cache, 254 mb data

tried to restore cm 10.2 but the phone rebooted. installing jb4.3 from now

Guest SoonDead

@Amphoras: Can you update the TPT Helper app to include more TPT-s? I know I can create a custom TPT, but I would much rather use premade TPT-s that are tested, than make my own. Especially since some people report that TPT creation is not working on some ROMs.

The downloadable TPT-s in your app are downloaded from a trusted source (your server), and are validated against an md5 hash to guarantee that nothing went wrong during download. I will not be the only one using this TPT so I will be able see feedback from other users and see if the TPT is actually working and suits my needs in a particular situation.

There are a lot of G1-G2 TPT-s, but only 4 G2.

A G2 160/294/2/0.1 would be really useful in my case.

(I'm not ungrateful, the TPT Helper app is already incredibly useful as it is, and I really thank you for it)

• 2 weeks later...