• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
I have been trying to make a custom tpt (with tpt helper): gen2, cyanogenmod, cwm 5.0.2.0, 2mb cache, 200mb system.
But it always fails with error: "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions."
The app is allowed on superuser and i have tried with 3 different sd cards.
Blade Checker says my phone is: eu 512mb, stock/windows upgraded gen 2 phone, 220mb system, 162mb data, 37mb cache.

EDIT1: Okays, figured out the problem, i thought/remembered that my phone was gen2 stock but seems I have tpt'd it to gen2 looong ago, since I changed the setting from "gen2 stock" to "gen1-gen2 upgraded with TPT" and now i didnt get the previous error.

EDIT2: Only problem now is that i cant get TPT to start when booting volume+ and menu button or volume+ only. Got the ztepack folder and image folder at my sd's root. I have tried with 2 different sd cards.

Edited by leripe, 31 May 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

yash_p90

yash_p90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@yash_p90

I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Probably it's the same one sold in another south america countries.

Use appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, TPT'em and you are done.

Old layout:
/cache = 37,5 mb
/system = 220 mb
/data = 162,5mb
/oem = 21 mb

New layout:
/cache = 2 mb
/system = 128 mb
/data = 311 mb (91,32% bigger!)
/oem = 0 mb

...almost twice the space for apps now! :)

Optional (but highly recommended) stuff:

- Before TPT'ing, do a nandroid backup. Then use generated boot.img, recovery.img, data.img (rename to userdata.img) and system.img to bring back all your apps and data. As long as your .img files fits in your new partition layout, you're fine.

- If you are using a Custom ROM with init.d (all Cyanogen 7 and clones), do via command prompt (adb required):

a) adb remount
B) adb push 80redirectcache /system/etc/init.d
c) adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache
d) adb shell chmod 750 /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache
e) adb shell mv /system/etc/init.d/06mountdl /system/etc
f) adb reboot

Now /cache and /cache/download are going to share the new huge /data space :)

- My current setup: Cyanogen 7.2.0 26Jan (Kang), Clockwork Recovery 5.0.2.0. I've removed some useless theme stuff to make system fit in 128 mb: Androidian.apk, Cyanbread.apk and ThemeChooser.apk. Obviously, they can be reinstalled later.

With all in place, your new Blade partitions should look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

How to get this working on my ZTE v880?

onlyrichard

onlyrichard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
;) Hi everybody! nice to write to you (I am a very beginner user, but I read a lot about this), please help me...(sorry for my english)

I have a rooted ZTE-U V880 stock G2 (Chinese phone) Swedish Snow ROM/RLS7/Android 2.3
SYSTEM 220MB
DATA 160MB
CACHE 37.5MB

And I would like (if that's possible) change to:
SYSTEM 160MB
DATA 279MB
CACHE 2MB... with Gen 3 v2a option at http://amphoras.co.u...de-tpts#g2stock (is this possible??? WHICH TPT can you recommend me??? WHICH brand SD CARD's and SIZE you recommend me???) I try but power+volumeUP+menu doesn't work...

Sorry but nobody tells the risk to do this, for example: if I finally change DATA SIZE; can I flash any ROM in my BLADE??? (CM or Jellyfish or Swedish)??? even these ROMs are not made for this partitions sizes, right??? (it doesn't matters PARTITIONS SIZES if the ROM doesn't require more space for SYSTEM, right??? so I can flash almost any ROM, right???)

Last but not the least: WHICH ROM you recommend me???

Thank you very much guys!!!!!

Edited by onlyrichard, 26 July 2012 - 09:58 PM.

thongnh

thongnh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

;) Hi everybody! nice to write to you (I am a very beginner user, but I read a lot about this), please help me...(sorry for my english)

I have a rooted ZTE-U V880 stock G2 (Chinese phone) Swedish Snow ROM/RLS7/Android 2.3
SYSTEM 220MB
DATA 160MB
CACHE 37.5MB

And I would like (if that's possible) change to:
SYSTEM 160MB
DATA 279MB
CACHE 2MB... with Gen 3 v2a option at http://amphoras.co.u...de-tpts#g2stock (is this possible??? WHICH TPT can you recommend me??? WHICH brand SD CARD's and SIZE you recommend me???) I try but power+volumeUP+menu doesn't work...

Sorry but nobody tells the risk to do this, for example: if I finally change DATA SIZE; can I flash any ROM in my BLADE??? (CM or Jellyfish or Swedish)??? even these ROMs are not made for this partitions sizes, right??? (it doesn't matters PARTITIONS SIZES if the ROM doesn't require more space for SYSTEM, right??? so I can flash almost any ROM, right???)

Last but not the least: WHICH ROM you recommend me???

Thank you very much guys!!!!!

Plz don't flash TPT because your phone is chinese blade phone, your phone will be brick if you're flashed TPT of euro blade phone.

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I have been trying to make a custom tpt (with tpt helper): gen2, cyanogenmod, cwm 5.0.2.0, 2mb cache, 200mb system.
But it always fails with error: "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions."
The app is allowed on superuser and i have tried with 3 different sd cards.
Blade Checker says my phone is: eu 512mb, stock/windows upgraded gen 2 phone, 220mb system, 162mb data, 37mb cache.

EDIT1: Okays, figured out the problem, i thought/remembered that my phone was gen2 stock but seems I have tpt'd it to gen2 looong ago, since I changed the setting from "gen2 stock" to "gen1-gen2 upgraded with TPT" and now i didnt get the previous error.

EDIT2: Only problem now is that i cant get TPT to start when booting volume+ and menu button or volume+ only. Got the ztepack folder and image folder at my sd's root. I have tried with 2 different sd cards.

Same situation, a stock gen 2 phone that had previously been flashed with a custom TPT. Trying to do it again it simply wont start regardless of the settings used.

Huexxx

Huexxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black P970
Hi all!

My girlfriend has a Spanish GEN2 Yoigo Blade and I'm thinking in repartition the sub-optimal default layout.

- Any news with TPT over stock Yoigo GEN2 blades? As far as I can read, the method doesn't work on this specific model.

- The phone is stock GEN2, but could maybe yoigo have upgraded it from GEN1 before launch it? So, does someone have tried with G1-G2 v10a apart from G2 v2a? Can this attempt harm my phone, or it won't simply don't work?

- The available method then would be to do it via windows: http://www.modaco.co...ra-via-windows/ but I have some doubts...
-- The recommended pack is custom Gen2 160 v10 but I don't understand what exactly stands for... will this convert my stock GEN2 onto a GEN1-to-GEN2 phone? There isn't pure GEN2 packs with 160mb system partition to flash from windows?
-- Does this pack offer more partition space than pure GEN2 TPTs? Without contraindications?
-- Once I've flashed that, will I be able to use G1-to-G2 TPTs?
-- Once I've done it, is there a way to return to stock GEN2 TPT?

Regards and thanks!

thomasboyd

thomasboyd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
I need to resize my caches to allow googleplay downloads again but having problems
I've installed TPT helper - I have European blade with Gen 2 rom
CM 7.2

Ive downloaded a Gen2 stock TPT
Unziped the file succesfully
Checked the image directory is matched

START TPT is not shown as supported by my current ROM
When I select 'Power Off to start the TPT' it powers off but does not boot into recovery just hangs on the android icon
I have to remove the battery before I can restart.

And one think they know whats happening?

lohikko

lohikko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Huawei U8110
Hi.
Does anyone know if there has been found any solution yet so Gen 3 blades can be TPT'd?
Thanks

princado

princado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
According to blade checker, I have an stock Gen2 blade. I have tried several times flashing the TPT for gen2 and I always get the eleven Error! messages. Have tried two sdcards, formatted to fat and fat32. Still nothing. Any tips?

Huexxx

Huexxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Black P970
Use windows flasher method...

jesuita

jesuita

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
I have a generation 2 upgrade blade (told by blade checker) and currently have 138mb/316mb/2mb partition.
Im searching for a TPT that allows me to have the maximum data possible so i thought i would use the one with 128mb on system but that one only gives me 311mb for data... why is this?

138+316+2= 456
128+311+2= 441

Where are the remaining 15mb?

ososossy

ososossy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
i want to install the new jb 4.1.2 rom here is the zte checker details

just used blade checker
European Blade 512 Ram detected
TPT upgraded gen2 phone detected
Use gen1 style TPts
Current partition sizes
system 160mb
data :294 mb
cache 2mb

if i want to repartition my phone to 220mb system the which tpt do i need to use?

here is the rom link : http://www.modaco.co...01-android-421/

as zte checker shows that system partition is 160 mb so can i proceed without flashing and tpt ? although i want to increase the system partition size so it would help me installing the bigger roms.as i am new to this stuff plz guide me :)

when i am trying to flash the tpts its giving error

Update from t-flash card!
error|
error|

Edited by ososossy, 21 December 2012 - 02:48 PM.

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Konstat wrote that 160 is enough, so wipe all and just install;)

ro63rto

ro63rto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
On the first post, it says

" If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, use the TPTs from here instead."

The link to those TPTs is no longer functioning.

I upgraded to Gen2 and installed an old CM 7.1 and want to know what I can upgrade to that is newer if they are any better.
Thanks

Posted Image

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

On the first post, it says

" If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, use the TPTs from here instead."

The link to those TPTs is no longer functioning.

I upgraded to Gen2 and installed an old CM 7.1 and want to know what I can upgrade to that is newer if they are any better.
Thanks

Something is wrong with the site, will try and work out what it is and fix it.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

ehleh

hey how to install this?

i already know :)

Edited by ehleh, 31 January 2013 - 09:15 AM.

mandeepsharma42

mandeepsharma42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i just want dell xcd35 (zte blade) original stock tpt

mandeepsharma42

mandeepsharma42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry for my english..
i want dell xcd35 stock tpt (stock image.bin)
thanks

thomasboyd

thomasboyd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
How long should flashing take?
I restarted my blade about 20 minutes ago with menu +vol held down
and I see green text "Update from T-Flash card!
load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn"

But seems to just be hanging there..

Loki86

Loki86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
it has to take a few seconds, 20 i think
are you sure you choose correct file? for your version gen1 or gen2
and do you check md5?