Pros and Cons of 2.3.5

Guest gazzfromoz

Guest gazzfromoz

Hi

I am on unrooted 2.2.2 is it worth going to Gingerbread ?? What is the good and bad sides

Also with 2.3.5 can you still select android UI or do have to use Acer interface ??

Thanks for any feedback :rolleyes:

Guest stonebear

Hi

I am on unrooted 2.2.2 is it worth going to Gingerbread ?? What is the good and bad sides

Also with 2.3.5 can you still select android UI or do have to use Acer interface ??

Thanks for any feedback :rolleyes:

Faster.

No Android UI but Acer UI is fine especially if you use another home-launcher like ADW. Then you just have the Acer lockscreen as opposed to standard android and the pulldown bar with shortcuts (which is handy).

Yes, it is worth it for the speed increase.

Faster.

No Android UI but Acer UI is fine especially if you use another home-launcher like ADW. Then you just have the Acer lockscreen as opposed to standard android and the pulldown bar with shortcuts (which is handy).

You have a few things to do, imho, to squeeze out your liquid metal very best.

You'll be the real owner of your phone, you'll be able to overclock it (so you can play nasty stuff like nova2 or modern combat 2 without a glitch), you'll be able to overcome the phone stupid limitation on the storage side and other lovely things I can't remember right now :P)

a) root it

b ) install amon ra recovery

c) save data from your sd to your pc

d) copy gingerounay 2.5.1 (or latest) to your sd

e) wipe all from amon ra recovery and then flash gingerounay

f) partition your sd from amon ra recovery (0 swp, whateveryouwant ext2)

g) convert ext2 to ext3

h) boot gingerounay

i) smile

j) enable in taboonay tools apps2d/data/dalvik

k) watch your phone implode and reboot

l) smile again

m) overclock it with setcpu, install all the apps in the world, customize it, smile again

n) feel powerful

o) install a few more apps

That should be, more or less, it.

:)

Edited by ltpitt

Guest gazzfromoz

You have a few things to do, imho, to squeeze out your liquid metal very best.

You'll be the real owner of your phone, you'll be able to overclock it (so you can play nasty stuff like nova2 or modern combat 2 without a glitch), you'll be able to overcome the phone stupid limitation on the storage side and other lovely things I can't remember right now :P)

Wow, love a challenge, thanks heaps for all your suggestions, I'm gonna go for it , whats the worst that can happen ( dont answer that one ) :o

Guest gazzfromoz

Faster.

Thanks mate, was a bit hesitant to change but feels ok now cheers

Guest stonebear

Thanks mate, was a bit hesitant to change but feels ok now cheers

No probs, you can install 2.35 with the official Acer tool, when you download from the Acer site you are downloading the tool and the OS all together.

http://www.acer.co.u...content/drivers

Then, when it is installed you can install gingerounay if you feel like, the official 2.35 needs to be installed first anyway.

Edited by stonebear