5 replies to this topic

mba07

mba07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:dell streak
Request to dj steve

First thing nice one steve and fards on gingerstreak.

Is there any way the people who want to try the build of honeycomb that steve built can download it and give it a go on the streak 5?

Excuse my stupidity but am i wrong for thinking that under honeycombs gui is gingerbread?

Couldnt the top layer of honeycomb be ported over the current gingerstreak as it seems really stable?

Edited by mba07, 21 October 2011 - 09:32 PM.

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Azurren

Request to dj steve

First thing nice one steve and fards on gingerstreak.

Is there any way the people who want to try the build of honeycomb that steve built can download it and give it a go?

Excuse my stupidity but am i wrong for thinking that under honeycombs gui is gingerbread?

Couldnt the top layer of honeycomb be ported over the current gingerstreak as it seems really stable?

Android 2.4 icecream would probably be more practical ;)
But, again, all Dell Streak development is hindered by non opensource drivers. It's the same story for any other rom (CyanogenMod, miui, sense etc)

Unless some god-like uber hacker comes along and creates a new driver or, just as unlikely, dell decide to open source their drivers things like this are just not practical :(

antnee

antnee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
from what i remember Steve got HC on the streak but it had no phone functionality as its made for tablets not phones.

Stephen Hyde

Stephen Hyde

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Devices:Atrix, Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@dmonsterprod
theirs a reason i never released hc for the 5,

what worked:
3d accell
touch screen
2g/3g data

what didnt work
cameras
sound
wifi
everything else

Devices: Dell Streak(O2 MBB), Nokia E63(O2 PAYG), Nokia N900(T-Mobile Contract)| Notion Ink Adam(PixelQi+3G+WiFi | HTC Wildfire | Nexus One
Developing Android/Cyanogenmod for Streak - Please feel free to Donate : GBP Donate | USD Donate
Developing Officially For Notion Ink Adam - Please feel free to Donate: GBP Donate | USD Donate

Slaydog

Slaydog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5
Apparently the new Samsung Galaxy 7" tab (Plus, I think) has Honeycomb AND a phone so it can be done of course, but that doesn't mean its worth trying to get it to work on our little Streaks. ICS will be the next great hope, but I'm sure most Streakers are already eying their next phone purchase by now.

Crinos512

Crinos512

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Apparently the new Samsung Galaxy 7" tab (Plus, I think) has Honeycomb AND a phone so it can be done of course, but that doesn't mean its worth trying to get it to work on our little Streaks. ICS will be the next great hope, but I'm sure most Streakers are already eying their next phone purchase by now.

http://www.samsungmo...XY-Tab-7.0-Plus

"Furthermore, the GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus offers voice and video call support, with no need for a headset.
Users can see friends and family from anywhere in the world in high quality thanks to the device’s larger screen..."

Interesting... although it does not specifically say that the device has cellphone capability. The above quote could refer to VoIP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users