Killed my OMC - *WAS* sad... but *unbelievable news*!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

I don't see the relevance of my attempts to unlock it. It is neither "immoral" or illegal to attempt to, or to, unlock a simlock in the UK. Whether I mentioned it or not, is totally not the point. I was HONEST about what I had done, and I told the advisor I had been tinkering with firmware images, and had killed the phone. Your point is merely academic, and meaningless in this situation and context.

I am a morally sound guy, which is why I spent 6+ hours trying to remedy the fault myself, before calling Orange as a *last ditch attempt*, confident that they'd laugh at me, and say "sorry Sir, you voided your warranty". They didn't, I was honest, and it paid off. Please, don't split hairs. Do you think the guy wanted ALSO, to know the exact block addresses in flash, where I applied the firmware update? You're just over-analysing this. I did what I, as a Christian, believe is the right and acceptable thing to do, and I am not seeking validation for this, nor encouraging others to mess with their firmware.

The case is closed, I was just stating my happiness! :)

Both of you please - moral arguments are really useless. Every person has their own morals and it's pointless trying to convince someone else that your morals are correct.

Guest dadashi

you did well Flossywhite....orange are pretty good with their costumers, they just don't offer the cheap deals others might...theres no reason to be nasty with them, it wont get anywhere....

Can't say I see your logic, but okay. LOL.

My bad...I meant the guy probably doesn't like Orange, so he wants to do them over :D

From what I know...Orange don't care about their customers.

He he, nice one! But we still need an unlock solution. :)

Btw, a friend's OSF got broken what number does he need to call and will they send the replacement unit in advance and he needs to submit his CC data or how does it work? :)

***UNBELIEVABLE UPDATE****

Okay, so I thought it right to call Orange customer services, and be totally *totally* honest and up front about what I did, and told them I was messing around with firmware up/downgrades and computers etc, and killed my handset, and explained that I had downloaded the Orange TPT and tried to revive it, and that Ubuntu didn't recognise the handset whatsoever, in ANY mode...

And the advisor said that Orange will courier me a brand new replacement (again!) tomorrow!

My goodness! Even Apple customer services were never that good. I am overjoyed! They took my word for it that *I* am responsible, and yet STILL have given me a replacement!

WOW! Go Orange! :D

Now you see why honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. Had I lied, not only would I have had my conscience to deal with, I'd likely have no new phone coming.

Guest glossywhite

He he, nice one! But we still need an unlock solution. :)

Btw, a friend's OSF got broken what number does he need to call and will they send the replacement unit in advance and he needs to submit his CC data or how does it work? :)

Google is your friend :)

0800 801080. You don't need to give CC details. The courier does an exchange on your doorstep.

Guest glossywhite

Had you not voided you warranty by opening it up? Did you mention that also?

How am I able to further void my (already voided) warranty? I voided it when I flashed the firmware, and they full know this, but were compassionate and kind. Dude, life is not all about rigid rules, it is about helping one another out, and we all make mistakes as humans, through our pride; I'm sure you do too, we ALL do. It sounds like you are hoping they don't replace it :-/

I know I did the right thing. I don't seek validation.

Thanks.

Glad to hear Orange is helping you out, they're not as bad as people say.

No they're really not. I have not had one single issue with them, either in store OR on the phone, since signing up to home broadband & landline phone, and since buying my OMC. Reading between the lines, and seeing some of the outrageously bitter and jealous mindsets of some people online, it does not surprise me that they have issues with Orange; they'll have issues with everyone, because they're full of "wise" advice that suits their circumstances, but which they twist and adapt, when advising others.

I am a genuine guy (just stating, not trying to convince you). I do what I find is right, and what I feel at peace with in my mind. Other people may cast aspersions, but don't expect me to follow the lead of another human, as I follow God alone.

To anyone who reads this, your comments will be read, but your negative judgements of me of a person are entirely irrelevant to me, as I don't seek your sanctioning for my life, as much as that may shock you. You're all great people, just don't be hypocrites. We're all human, and we're all valuable, yet we all make judgements which we shouldn't, when we don't know someone.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Well written and I agree with every bit.

Just my 2p worth

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, that's really kind of you :D

I see you're from Cambridge? My home city! Love it!

Edited by glossywhite

just rang up to replace my faulty OMC and they say the manager will call you back to explain... is this normal ? i'm guessing not blink.gif

£1000 says i dont get a replacement, i'm unlucky like that, been putting up with a faulty back cover since the day i got it because i never knew they replaced it on your door step.

if they fob me off with some excuse & no replacement i am just selling it & moving on, cant be bothered with the hassle...

by rights though they should at least fix it for me

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

just rang up to replace my faulty OMC and they say the manager will call you back to explain... is this normal ? i'm guessing not blink.gif

£1000 says i dont get a replacement, i'm unlucky like that, been putting up with a faulty back cover since the day i got it because i never knew they replaced it on your door step.

if they fob me off with some excuse & no replacement i am just selling it & moving on, cant be bothered with the hassle...

by rights though they should at least fix it for me

Here's what I'd advise you to do. Don't make a fuss about your rights immediately, just explain calmly the problem, and be completely polite and happy with them (not assuming you won't be, by the way :)). Remember, honey goes down better than vinegar, however hard done by you may feel. Keep calling back, if you don't get the problem resolved. They don't care if you sell your phone or not, so that's not going to help you (which is what you want) and it's no kind of protest, because it only deprives you of your OMC.

You should be bothered that you have a faulty back, and I am confident that Orange will replace your OMC, as long as you're calm and polite, and they don't have any cause to think you're "pulling a fast one" (we know you're not, but they don't).

I hope you get it replaced. Have faith, be confident! You're entitled to get what you paid for :)

God bless you man.

Edited by glossywhite

WOW! they actually arranged a replacement handset for me tomorrow & a new back cover 4 to 5 days later... thanks glossywhite for posting the procedures of getting your replacment, as i woz putting it off because i never knew they exchanged it at your door... SWEET! no more creaky half clipped on cover lol biggrin.gif

Guest glossywhite

WOW! they actually arranged a replacement handset for me tomorrow & a new back cover 4 to 5 days later... thanks glossywhite for posting the procedures of getting your replacment, as i woz putting it off because i never knew they exchanged it at your door... SWEET! no more creaky half clipped on cover lol biggrin.gif

That is great news, and you are welcome. Why will you need a new back cover, when they're replacing the whole phone anyhow?

That is great news, and you are welcome. Why will you need a new back cover, when they're replacing the whole phone anyhow?

they said that the replacement will only be the phone without a battery.cover,charger ect so i have to keep the old ones & they will send the back cover by post huh.gif

Guest glossywhite

they said that the replacement will only be the phone without a battery.cover,charger ect so i have to keep the old ones & they will send the back cover by post huh.gif

Sounds dubious. The courier just asks for the whole phone, and hands you a brand new one, sealed, complete, as retail. Fact.

Sounds dubious. The courier just asks for the whole phone, and hands you a brand new one, sealed, complete, as retail. Fact.

yeh, i thought it sounded a bit odd, i'm going to ask the driver wot exactly i need to give & wot is in the box, they said it will be from 1pm to 5pm huh.gif

Guest glossywhite

yeh, i thought it sounded a bit odd, i'm going to ask the driver wot exactly i need to give & wot is in the box, they said it will be from 1pm to 5pm huh.gif

Just signed for my new one. I was surprised this time, as it is literally just the phone, no battery or cover. Still pleased!

Just signed for my new one. I was surprised this time, as it is literally just the phone, no battery or cover. Still pleased!

how did you give them the faulty one ? just in the old box ?

also woz the replacement in a new box ?

Guest tilal6991

how did you give them the faulty one ? just in the old box ?

also woz the replacement in a new box ?

no. You just hand them them the old one and they give you the new one in a box.