Flash Mode not working!!

Guest chunkylover2321

Guest chunkylover2321

Hey I was about to unlock bootloader on my phone but I cannot get flash tool to work.

I'm using windows 7 64bit and I've used flashtool many times before but all of a sudden I can't get the SEMC USB FLASH driver to work. I've tried googling and going into the device manager and uninstalling and reinstalling guiding to the drivers that came with flash tool but I get the error that windows cannot install the drivers and I've tried using the "repair" in PC Companion and tried to get that to install the flash mode driver yet it doesn't recognise the drivers. I cannot understand why my computer has just stopped recognising the driver. The phone connects and I can mount the phone but can't get flash mode to work.

Can someone please help me?

Guest chunkylover2321

i don't know if u know that but there is a driver folder in flash tools, install ggsetup-2.2.0.11.exe

yea thats what I've been trying but every time I plug phone in in flash mode the computer says "drivers did not install". I can't understand it because it used to work.

Guest jpminou

yea thats what I've been trying but every time I plug phone in in flash mode the computer says "drivers did not install". I can't understand it because it used to work.

maybe changing the usb cable or reboot your pc or try another pc or remove and install pc companion again.

Guest chunkylover2321

maybe changing the usb cable or reboot your pc or try another pc or remove and install pc companion again.

is there a way to remove all drivers directly and try to start again?

Guest jpminou

is there a way to remove all drivers directly and try to start again?

remove gordon's gate flash driver and pc companion that is all the drivers and install again one by one and try.

Guest chunkylover2321

remove gordon's gate flash driver and pc companion that is all the drivers and install again one by one and try.

will give it ago, cheers dude.

Guest chunkylover2321

no look what so ever jp, I have been uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, restarting and nothing. I really cannot afford to reinstall windows. I will keep searching for a fix and as soon as I find one as always I will post on here. I really don't understand it. I found someone else had a similar problem and they had to use system restore but I turned that off ages ago. really cannot understand how something that was working has suddenly stopped working.

Guest Kinglion3494
Hey I was about to unlock bootloader on my phone but I cannot get flash tool to work.

I'm using windows 7 64bit and I've used flashtool many times before but all of a sudden I can't get the SEMC USB FLASH driver to work. I've tried googling and going into the device manager and uninstalling and reinstalling guiding to the drivers that came with flash tool but I get the error that windows cannot install the drivers and I've tried using the "repair" in PC Companion and tried to get that to install the flash mode driver yet it doesn't recognise the drivers. I cannot understand why my computer has just stopped recognising the driver. The phone connects and I can mount the phone but can't get flash mode to work.

Can someone please help me?

Hey buddy. I think someone had this problem before also. Well I'll start basic because honestly I can't remember how he solved it. First off charge your phone. Second try plugging your phone into the computer. If it doesn't recognize then leave the phone plugged in. (Do not have the SD card mounted) and reboot your computer. Then if you haven't already reinstall PC companion

After pluging in the phone ,Go to devoce manager & right click on the semc device and go to update drivers, choose from all devises and browse to drivers folder in flash tool. Select the x10 inf and install, ignore thr red warning.

Guest pmelgar

u can use xRecovery? i have same problem 2hrs ago

if u can use xRecovery just get restore with BlueSpark ROM 2.1 and solve problem ^^

i have same problem and just press BACK in SE LOGO :D!

Guest chunkylover2321

you use sam usb port that you use first time when you install drivers?

Yea always used the same port, only thing I can think of is that a windows update has created a conflict because I've heard of this problem before. I was thinking of removing all windows updates off the computer then retrying.

Guest chunkylover2321

Hey buddy. I think someone had this problem before also. Well I'll start basic because honestly I can't remember how he solved it. First off charge your phone. Second try plugging your phone into the computer. If it doesn't recognize then leave the phone plugged in. (Do not have the SD card mounted) and reboot your computer. Then if you haven't already reinstall PC companion

yea seen a guy that used system restore to sort it, it worked but I turned the system restore feature off which is making me think that it could be a bad windows update. A similar thing happened with my tv card, one day it was working then it just stopped. I knew which windows update effected it but this time I don't know because its been so long. Hence why I will try removing them all. They can always be reinstalled. I will try what you say first though because I don't want to do something to drastic.

Guest chunkylover2321

After pluging in the phone ,Go to devoce manager & right click on the semc device and go to update drivers, choose from all devises and browse to drivers folder in flash tool. Select the x10 inf and install, ignore thr red warning.

Tried so many times with no luck, I've exhausted that option :-(

Guest chunkylover2321

u can use xRecovery? i have same problem 2hrs ago

if u can use xRecovery just get restore with BlueSpark ROM 2.1 and solve problem ^^

i have same problem and just press BACK in SE LOGO :D!

will give that ago mate thank you. Thank you everyone for your imput. You're all so helpful :-)