gagan313

gagan313

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Devices:ZTE RACER and SAMSUNG GALAXY S
  • Twitter:@gagan313
Hi, i need to know what the actual difference is between gen 1 and gen 2 roms.....
is there a difference in speed/looks/performance? what is the best one for the racer?
thanks

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym
im not really sure about the difference since i never tried gen2 update but its more or less partitions, memory layers and similar stuff i guess, changes deeper than fastboot and bootloader, tpt edits blah blah.. was never good at explaining thigs lol.. dont take my word on it tho, like i said, never tried gen2 tpt

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

gagan313

gagan313

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

im not really sure about the difference since i never tried gen2 update but its more or less partitions, memory layers and similar stuff i guess, changes deeper than fastboot and bootloader, tpt edits blah blah.. was never good at explaining thigs lol.. dont take my word on it tho, like i said, never tried gen2 tpt

ah ok .......i just need to know which 1 is better for the racer?

Racerboy

Racerboy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Devices:hTC Explorer / Donated Racer

ah ok .......i just need to know which 1 is better for the racer?

sound quality and levels are supposed to be better with no distortion, plus people have reported better signal with 3g/hsdpa, not many plus`s to warrant an upgrade just yet, its risky doing tpt to gen2 unless you know what your doing........

Find ALL my 2.3.7 cm7 ROMS HERE and ICSv5-MOD-ROM HERE @ raceroms

Latest LeWa ported ROM HERE

PM`s for help WONT be answered

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym

sound quality and levels are supposed to be better with no distortion, plus people have reported better signal with 3g/hsdpa, not many plus`s to warrant an upgrade just yet, its risky doing tpt to gen2 unless you know what your doing........

yes, messing with tpt may end bricking up your phone, if you really want to gen2, install your stock rom with FTM and ask your carrier to update it, they should all have 2.2.2 gen2

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

gagan313

gagan313

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
ah ok thanks guys...Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users