24 Oct Gr1 (7.1.0): CMCR (CyanogenMod) for the LG Optimus 2X FREE Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

go to cyanogemod configs and in the first menu (applications) you could select this.

I've been using CM7 constantly since it launched, back on my blade. I thought I know pretty much all the magic, but that got me. Thanks very much! :D

Guest idefix113

Good idea Paul but after having tested the cyanogen rom (7.1 and higher version ) and your GR4 custom rom I keep definitively the last one ( stock rom + 725 BB ). Hudge battery life ( 45 % after 13 hours of a normal usage ... some phone calls, email and news reader ). No issue with 3G disconnection. Thank you again Paul.

Nice try P.

Why don't you join forces with arcmee? Maybe then we can really have a super rom not only for optimus but for more devices you both support

Edited by orlox

I've been using CM7 constantly since it launched, back on my blade. I thought I know pretty much all the magic, but that got me. Thanks very much! :D

You'd have not seen the option on the Blade as it doesn't have internal storage to use ;)

For sure!! +1 for that!

Much more interest then wait a next stable release (that take loooonnnngg months)

Btw, 7.1.0 is based in a release before nightly build 176, so the call quality will be poor.

If your base is 7.1.0.1 the base is build 177 already good.

if the base is 7.1.0.2 the base is build 181 (released today)

More info about nightly here

http://cm-nightlies....om/?device=p990

I'm not that sure about how CM development works for each device, but shouldn't the stable release have been updated to 7.1.0.1 already to include the bugfixes? Most other devices have 7.1.0.1 as their stable, and the Xperias are on 7.1.0.2 already.

Guest H e l l

It is the 7.1.0 release, not nightly. If there is enough interest I might create an auto-updating nightly kitchen...?

P

I'd be really grateful if you would do a rom based on nightly ;)

Guest SuperSkill

Hi Paulrolleyes.gif

Thanks again for amazing work. We all want an online kitchen for this mixture with auto updates for the nighlys. At least all of us enjoy flashing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. If you could please make it feel more like the MoDaCo releases would be really nice as it looks better, has among other things better camera(and the camera option to save on external). Thanks for still supporting my phone as I don`t get a new one every week. Will keep supporting this page, even after optimus 2x support are history rolleyes.gif

Guest achim w.

+1 for a nightly kitchen

p.s. is it possible to flash a nightly after this cm7/modaco or will it break the tweaks Paul included.. ?

Regards

Oh - have there been tweaks. I didn't notice, just thought Paul started to play around and therefore created the kitchen. Could you please inform me about the tweaks?

Oh - have there been tweaks. I didn't notice, just thought Paul started to play around and therefore created the kitchen. Could you please inform me about the tweaks?

Tweaks is probably the wrong word blink.gif, see 1st paragraph of this topic;

"Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi all!

I thought i'd try out CyanogenMod 7.1.0 on my Optimus 2X, so I built myself an update zip (with my MCR optimisations). I wanted to play around with the options so I built myself a kitchen."

Guest achim w.

The Paul rom ins 3/4mb bigger then CM original (with much more apps) so probably there is something extra inside.

Also would like to know what..

The bigger size is because of the market already included I guess

Guest SuperSkill

HIrolleyes.gif

Is it possible to include the stock camera app, more markets, the mirror and share apps from LG, the standard google (and LG launcher) and custom kernels as options, even most apps from the mcr rom as options? And the nightly builds updates would be nice as they get better and better.

Thankscool.gif