i have yet to use tpt i preffer the other way as ive heard others working others not working ,dont realy no why.here is the monte carlo guide i always useand works fine by me .keep it or not its your choice.might be helpfull someday.anyway glad to help any newbee
superboot and clockwork and rom installing
if you use win xp and win7 then you should be fine .
if you use windows vista you might get problems.
if you use a mac i have no idea please ask a dev for help.
this guide will help get you started .
1.before you do anything connect usb cable to mobile
2.then connect to pc
3.let it install drivers first
4.usb drivers can be got on the forum
5.the contents of the mobile should show up
6.in windows it should be assigned a drive letter
7.right click on the drive letter and eject the drive
8.now move on to the rooting part
Rooting the Orange Monte Carlo
1. first download the zip superboot
2. unzip it with 7zip
3. their will be 3 files you want to use .
4. first file -------------------adb-windows-------double click file.
5. second file----------------fastboot-windows--double click file.
6. third file-------install-superboot-windows---double click file.
7. mobile might reboot thats okay
8.move on to installing clockwork recovery
installing clockwork recovery for skate / monte carlo
their will be 3 files you want to use .double click file.
1. first file--------------- adb-windows-------------double click file.
2. second file----------- fastboot-windows---------double click file.
3. third file---------------install-recovery-windows--double click file.
4. it should show a black screen with text showing clockwork is installing
5. the mobile should reboot to clockwork
6. its a blue screen that should appear with the name clockwork
7. use the volume up and down keys to move about clockwork
8. the home key installs and back key for returning to main screen in clockwork
9. reboot your mobile back to pc and pick a rom to install
how to install a rom
1.first download the zipped rom that you want to pc
2.then copy to sdcard
3. you can now reboot to clockwork
4. keys for clockwork if you need to use them
press volume down and hold it with the power button hold them both
until clockwork appears
before installing any rom
backup first in backup and restore
always remember the wipe rule for installing any rom
3.go to advanced and wipe dalvick
only do 4th if you get stuck at android screen
4. mounts and storage format/sysytem
5. if you get stuck at android screen take battery out and then put it back in.
6. you should be okay to main screen of mobile enjoy
7.if you get ftm mode showing do the following leave the usb cable conneted to pc
8.run the superboot details above
9.then do the clockwork details above
10.it should vibrate and go to clockwork.
11.take battery out if stuck at android screen
12.put it back in and let it reboot