OMC /SKATE Can You Use Camera Flash as a Torch?

Guest FatLadZ

Guest FatLadZ

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the flash for the camera to work as a torch?

would really love to use that feature but cant seem to get any app to do it.

Has anyone managed it?

cheers

Guest FatLadZ

Just keep taking photos, that way you can see were you are going and have a nice record of it.biggrin.gif

im using the screen at present

but its not bright enough

tried taking lots of pics but the things not fast enough and the memory card fills up quickly :lol:

Guest glossywhite

i cant believe ZTE didnt install it as a feature :(

I can. It's not a vital feature on a mobile phone. I don't know of anyone who uses torch apps (most people own torches!). Also, having the flash LED on for long periods of time will drain the battery FAST. You have to think outside your personal scope of priorities, and realise that they're selling you a phone, not a torch!

Guest cyberbit

I cant agree with you people, a phone like this one who has GPS, Compass, etc etc its like an emergency phone, prepared for everything even a disaster like an earthquake , idont think many people think like you so why dont buy a GPS or buy a compass, why not a camera, that only because the future is to have an equipment capable of support the basic. For me and for a lot of people TORCH is an primary soft to have on android. By the way for military use torch on phone and gps is one of the best soft equipment.

Sorry for my english

Edited by cyberbit

I am working on implementing this but I agree with what glossy said.

yep, me also, but mainly to record video in badly lit places

& i believe the answer is to edit the camera's classes.dex & adding sum stuff...

i had i look a couple days back but have not had time to try anything smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Sidecar_jon

Just keep taking photos, that way you can see were you are going and have a nice record of it.biggrin.gif

i did that but last night the neigbours called the cops, they thought i had ligtening inside my

house....

Guest TouchyAndalou

I can. It's not a vital feature on a mobile phone. I don't know of anyone who uses torch apps (most people own torches!). Also, having the flash LED on for long periods of time will drain the battery FAST. You have to think outside your personal scope of priorities, and realise that they're selling you a phone, not a torch!

Relatively few features of today's smartphones could reasonably be described as "vital", but that's not to say they're not worthwhile. There's little doubt that the ability to use the LED as a torch is a useful feature for a lot of people, especially those who use their phone to shoot video in low-light conditions. Furthermore, you only have to look through this thread - as well as one or two others on this forum where the subject of using the LED flash as a torch has been raised - to realise that this is indeed a desirable feature for number of Skate users.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest FatLadZ

I'd love a torch

i had a Nokia 5500 for a long while as i loved the torch feature on it.

Now my work colleagues all have the flash on thier phones as a torch and i just say yea mine does that too if i want..... trouble is i do want :D

and look forward to you great developer guys coming up with a working soloution.

great work guys :)

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'd love a torch

i had a Nokia 5500 for a long while as i loved the torch feature on it.

Now my work colleagues all have the flash on thier phones as a torch and i just say yea mine does that too if i want..... trouble is i do want :D

and look forward to you great developer guys coming up with a working soloution.

great work guys :)

I think it may be an issue with all phones running gingerbread, as opposed to specifically the Monte Carlo. I remember doing a google search about this a while back, and there were several conversations going on between the owners of all sorts of Android devices wanting to know how to enable their LED torch. It doesn't seem like an easy thing to get working, but who knows, hopefully somebody here will crack it.

Guest FatLadZ

I think it may be an issue with all phones running gingerbread, as opposed to specifically the Monte Carlo. I remember doing a google search about this a while back, and there were several conversations going on between the owners of all sorts of Android devices wanting to know how to enable their LED torch. It doesn't seem like an easy thing to get working, but who knows, hopefully somebody here will crack it.

HTC have it :(

would love to see some clever development on this :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest unrandomsam

Its attention to detail. (There is so much stuff ZTE just doesn't bother to implement) and implementing it properly has advantages for other apps.

What you say about it draining the battery is also nonsense. (Think about how long the battery on an led torch lasts).

What are the vital features on a phone? Calls & SMS...basically we should all be buying gps's, compasses, cameras, etc because those are not vital features of a phone and as we can see ZTE started to remove those features which are not vital on a so called phone, maybe other companies follow them on this, who knows the next SGS is as simple as a Motorola 8000.... :rolleyes: