Photo

Not quite bricked... but not far away...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jompet

Jompet

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@Jompet
Ok, I've gotten myself into quite a mess here….

I used to have DJ Steve's ROM installed (Final Frontier) and decided I'd like to upgrade to the latest version as I got sporadic reboots. I last updated the ROM ages ago and after I've sold my Galaxy S II I've decided to give my Streak a dust off.

I wanted to upgrade to StreakDroid - Gingerstreak Beta 2.4 and was reading the guide at http://android.modac...streak-24-beta/ I flashed the amss and dsp1 and now the device won't boot. I just get stuck on the Dell logo. So I wanted to flash back to a stock ROM to fix everything. No dice.

So next I did some goggling and downloaded GDL Tool and got it all working to then after fixing god knows how many problems I run into this error:

writing 'userdata'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

ERROR[DA1]: download userdata Fail!

I found this thread with input from Streak legends DJ Steve and Fards but nothing works.

I think it's possible my flash memory is corrupt but before I abandon hope I'd like to ask if anybody has any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen Hyde

Stephen Hyde

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Devices:Atrix, Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@dmonsterprod
that error cud be a dying internal sd card, or just try qdl tool again to be sure as sometimes fastboots just stupid

Devices: Dell Streak(O2 MBB), Nokia E63(O2 PAYG), Nokia N900(T-Mobile Contract)| Notion Ink Adam(PixelQi+3G+WiFi | HTC Wildfire | Nexus One
Developing Android/Cyanogenmod for Streak - Please feel free to Donate : GBP Donate | USD Donate
Developing Officially For Notion Ink Adam - Please feel free to Donate: GBP Donate | USD Donate

Jompet

Jompet

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

that error cud be a dying internal sd card, or just try qdl tool again to be sure as sometimes fastboots just stupid

I'll give it another try. I know what you mean about fastboot... one minute it works and the next it's not.

Thanks for your input and I'll post back with any updates.

Jompet

Jompet

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
You're not gonna believe this... the thing only went and booted!

I ran the tool again and it failed so I was just copy pasting the data into this window and I look around and it's booted!

A big WTF!

Jompet

Jompet

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok, the plot thickens....

Keeps rebooting and then won't boot again... I have to pull the battery and then leave it for a while and then it will boot for some time before it locks up and reboots.

I'm going to try to flash Streak_360_17397_00.pkg and the matching recovery.

Edited by Jompet, 26 October 2011 - 08:50 AM.

WakeRider89

WakeRider89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak_GingerStreak 2.4.4
getting a stock rom working is a good place to start

use the update.pkg from the wiki page and that should install all of the correct dsp1 and amss if im not mistaken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users