Porting ICS to LG Optimus 2X

Guest f1rSt

Guest zebbe77

Like Rusty said, I just edited my nightly build.prop to see if it was possible so there is not much to share. Tested this Miui yesterday and after an update of the ROM the version was 2.3.7 so I say there is not much ICS in it.

Guest Aditya Xavier

Galnet is almost purely cm7.. though the dev says it has Ics framework.. don't know how he integrated it without source code unless he used smali code which seems farfetched.. but for the general public's mania they changed the build.prop to 4.0.1 though that's kinda fooling the public..

One weird problem that I see when porting ics is that when I change init.rc bootargs system partition won't mount.. any clue..

no luck with this at all((((so many time wasted...i'm stoping this for now, cause i have some exams now to pass, so i'll continue my attempts in case if anyone won't achieve the victory with this stuff in front of me) if any one are working - you can PM me and i will help you. CU!

Guest HariSeldon85

no luck with this at all((((so many time wasted...i'm stoping this for now, cause i have some exams now to pass, so i'll continue my attempts in case if anyone won't achieve the victory with this stuff in front of me) if any one are working - you can PM me and i will help you. CU!

Man, go straight to study for your exams...it's lot more important.

Don't waste your time, in a few weeks we had the cyanogen9 out. At least you can think to contribute to CyanoGen developer, doing this all alone will be not useful.

By the way, thanks for the time you've spend. Maybe this know-how will be useful in the future for you ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thedicemaster

paul tends to wait until there's a proper base to work off.

right now the only thing is a crippled port of a rom that wasn't even working completely on the device it was made for.

i don't think he'll do anything for ICS on the LG O2X until either an internal test-version of ICS from LG is leaked, or the earlier linked rom has proper wifi, data, and calling capabilities.

That's if Paul still has is O2X still!

paul tends to wait until there's a proper base to work off.

right now the only thing is a crippled port of a rom that wasn't even working completely on the device it was made for.

i don't think he'll do anything for ICS on the LG O2X until either an internal test-version of ICS from LG is leaked, or the earlier linked rom has proper wifi, data, and calling capabilities.