[POLL] GO SMS PRO or STOCK SMS APP ???

Guest tillaz

Guest glossywhite

Stock. GOSMS is overkill. It's SMS; a simple, text based messaging service. It doesn't need dressing up. Annoying!

PS: Just put both in the ROM - let people choose :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest wrtease

thats like saying lets have three different lauchers on it ?so i would suggest you have them in first post so you can download them..question then which launcher would you use?

Guest TouchyAndalou

I used GO SMS for awhile on my Blade and it was good enough, but to be honest I never really missed it after returning to the stock SMS app. I tend to prefer as clean/stock a rom as possible, so I voted the stock version. I second wrtease's suggestion of adding it as a seperate downloadable add-on. Another idea could be to do two versions of the rom - one completely stock, like you'd get if you bought an unlocked Skate (nobody has really done one yet, although the one change from stock I'd suggest keeping would be overclock support) and another custom version with the blue theme and all the other bells and whistles you feel like including.

These are just my thoughts, of course, and ultimately it's your rom and you should make it however you like. :)

Guest putbinoot

main reason i like go sms is the fact you can send unlimited picture messages for free.. smile.gif

I think you need to explain how this is done, a "how to" would soon get more people interested.

I think you need to explain how this is done, a "how to" would soon get more people interested.

its easy when you compose a message there is a GO tab at the bottom witch allows you to send a free voice message, picture message ect, basically any file on your phone.... wink.gif

Guest putbinoot

its easy when you compose a message there is a GO tab at the bottom witch allows you to send a free voice message, picture message ect, basically any file on your phone.... wink.gif

This may sound stupid but how does it work, does it fool the network in to thinking its an ordinary text message.

This may sound stupid but how does it work, does it fool the network in to thinking its an ordinary text message.

it attaches a link to the text message to wot ever you have sent them.. so essentially its just like when you send an email & attach something wink.gif

Guest putbinoot

it attaches a link to the text message to wot ever you have sent them.. so essentially its just like when you send an email & attach something wink.gif

cheers, also thanks for all your work, downloading 1.8c as i type.