query about my Samsung Galaxy S

Guest BigOmar

Guest BigOmar

I there i recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S from ebay, it is Orange branded with the following ROM baseband I9000XXJPK and Build Number : FROYO.BVJP8

I am wondering if anybody can directed me to a set of tutorials on how to debrand it and put a fully vanilla version of Samsung's ROM on it and what methods are there to unlock it to all networks.

Thanks

Guest richardj

I there i recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S from ebay, it is Orange branded with the following ROM baseband I9000XXJPK and Build Number : FROYO.BVJP8

I am wondering if anybody can directed me to a set of tutorials on how to debrand it and put a fully vanilla version of Samsung's ROM on it and what methods are there to unlock it to all networks.

Thanks

To find out if the phone is locked to the Orange network, type the following into the dial pad as if you were going to make a phone call *#7465625# if on the next screen it says all locks are on then you will need to get it unlocked, if all locks are off then your good to go.

Leaked stock firmware can be found at samfirmware.com, soon to be samMobile.com, you will need to register on both sites before you can download. You will also find guides on there to help you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redflake

Thanks

Hi,

Iv'e debranded and now upraded my SGS 1 to gingerbread XXJVT latest version. This was and still is locked to 3UK.

Heres the link on how to debrand and get froyo 2.2.1 XXJPY on the phone. You can then upgrade to XXJVT. Guide

Hop over to the XDA forum and as much reading up as you can. XDA GT-I9000 forum Plenty of custom roms and themes.

Guide to the Samsung Galaxy S Series

Guide on how to use Odin to flash firmwares on the Galaxy S How To: Use Odin

Above all make sure you read up well before attempting to flash the phone.