[PATCH] Link2SD for GingerOunay 2.5.1

Guest TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

I like GingerOunay but I stuck all the time in a bootloop because of the built-in Apps2SD when trying my kernels, etc.

So here is a *.zip that disables the built-in Apps2SD and enables support for Link2SD ;)

First of all you have to be sure, that you have no Apps2SD enabled yet, when you already have Apps2SD enabled make a Nandroid and try to disable Apps2SD in TabooTools. If that doesn't work you have to wipe and flash GingerOunay again and boot it up once.

Be sure that you have done a Nandroid Backup, I just tested it with my device, and never enable Apps2SD in TabooTools again.

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest dwaino86

sweet as. will try this when i get home. App2SD seems to be killing my gingerounay install, I can't get it to work.

do you use Link2SD the same way (i.e. below instruction)? Shouls we use Ext2, 3 or 4?

5.) For the sizes select 0 for Swap. Make the EXT size at least 512MB for A2SD and the rest should be FAT32.

Excellent. Will try this.

Great job!

As soon as my inner energy restores I'll try it (I've been wiping and downloading bins and installing custom roms for the past two weeks for my phone and my girlfriend for now I just can't handle another reinstall) :)

Guest dwaino86

thanks so much for this! i was ready to give up on Gingerounay and go back to Acer ROM.

This patch has done wonders. A2SD was no good for my stability. Link2SD is great (only Swpe didn't like being on the SD card).

To other users: if doing a fresh install of Gingerounay, boot up once before using this patch. Mine crashed when flashing both from recovery in one go.

Guest Rotorcycle

To other users: if doing a fresh install of Gingerounay, boot up once before using this patch. Mine crashed when flashing both from recovery in one go.

Thanks for the tip. I managed to re-flash 2.5.1, booted to language selection screen, restarted, then installed the patch.

The patch works a treat. No more force close errors on setup wizard, and Link2SD is working well with my ext4 partition.

A big thank you to TechnoLover for saving Gingerounay!

wooow!

Great work TechnoLover. app2SD was driving me nuts. Even when i restarted using TabooTools sometimes it freeze at the startup, and the smartphone started vibrating endless. Thanks to your patch i restarted a couple of times (even to recovery) and the problem is gone.

Thanks a Lot. Maybe Vache could link to this thread, while e doesn't update Gingerounay.

Guest dwaino86

hey TechnoLover,

Is this patch compatible with Gingerounay 3.0?

I found 3.0 unstable (with force closes etc), and i think its A2SD related (just like 2.5.1 was until your patch).

Cheers!