33 replies to this topic

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega

While LG's stance is despicable, ICS just isn't going to run very well on the P990 with its meager 512MB RAM. GB is already pushing it, ICS would probably be too much for 512MB devices, especially since Google doesn't seem to be doing anything about the excessive amount of apps running as services.

But it will run on the nexus s that has 512mb and a single core processor? I don't think its a spec problem it's just LG being useless, with GB working on every newish phone with half the specs and yet LG still can't get it to work we are in for a long wait even if they do cave in and do it

DRWZ

DRWZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
  • Twitter:@dwrz
YUp..
LG will leave a bad taste for a long long time..
Also beginning to think that the hardware is NOT that good.. (or they really have that inexperienced software staff).
They must be working on workarounds due to hardware-limitations.. And that's not going too well..
Probably a Samsung next, no more LG and their bullshit-promises..

g6hoq

g6hoq

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Asus eee Pad / LG Optimus X2
  • Twitter:@g6hoq
Is anyone good with consumer law, if so perhaps you could construct suitable letters and procedures to follow for us all to return our phones for a replacement, I feel sure when I bought mine, the blurb on the advert said it was upgradeable to Gingerbread)
We still have a good handset, but its more to do with LG's attitude to their customers

Deffo either Samsung next, or maybe a 4S, LG had a good idea with their 3D handset but even thats stuck on 2.2.

Senri Shiki

Senri Shiki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is it because they're not paying google to send their update engineers or something? Even the 3D is still stuck on 2.2? LOL I see it not getting the ICS either. Both devices aren't even a year old yet, and it's not like most users bought them on day one of release. Now no more updates, while the warranty hasn't even expired yet? That sucks.

Well next purchase will be Samsung for sure or the next iPhone(depending on the specs ofc). Samsung is like in bed with google so their updates or support should be up there. HTC not so much, google probably harbors some dislike towards them for all the MS stuff and it's just going to get worst.

Edited by Senri Shiki, 29 October 2011 - 03:23 PM.

Jay_Snake

Jay_Snake

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Android, Football, Feyenoord Rotterdam, Skiiing, Movies/tv shows
And now they said they will relase ICS for O2X; http://www.facebook....298000743544586

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
Sweet, I hope its not the same Guy who posted that it wont be updated jumping the gun before its absolutely confirmed. With this in mind i really don't mind skipping the GB update and going straight to ics, they should just throw their guys at this instead, or better still pay the cm guys and use that as their official rom with some of their apps added in, I'm sure it will be a lot faster and get a better result

mcnob

mcnob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, LiveView
  • Twitter:@andymcnob
Anyone wanna throw me some cash? Only reason I ask is that without it, I'm stuck with this 2X until next Xmas otherwise.........:sad panda:

:angry::angry::angry:

Nic0co

Nic0co

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:@Nic0co
On androidandme they say LG is testing ICS before say Yes or No...

Willimaese

Willimaese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
This is my first and last lg phone. Why do we want a nice hardware if Lg doesn't give the proper software to use it?

orlox

orlox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:optimus 2x
Posted Image

Edited by orlox, 30 October 2011 - 09:57 PM.

Nic0co

Nic0co

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:@Nic0co
good news ;)

this phone know: 2.2, 2.3 and 4.0 lol an update in late 2012 :)

René Klunder

René Klunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Android Performance Windows Phone software and tweaks
  • Devices:HTC HD2 HTC 7 Trophy
  • Twitter:@Jarocookies
I couldn't attach a photo but that pic was posted by orlox just about that moment.
I would have deleted the reply but this post is edited now.

Edited by René Klunder, 31 October 2011 - 02:31 PM.

Ramdanih

Ramdanih

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E | LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@Ramdanih7

Posted Image

Yay ICS for Optimus 2x is coming... Posted Image

dbbloke

dbbloke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Doing things, working things out, Reading
  • Devices:Huawei G300. ZTE Skate. LGP990

The support dweeb's post has now been removed from facebook, and the bad press for LG has spread far and wide round the internet. I suspect they may be reconsidering the initial decision, like they did with the Optimus One and gingerbread.

Still, even if they do update it to ICS, I wouldn't hold your breath that it will arrive before whatever jellied treats google serves up next year.

Thought I should be consistent and update this thread as well.

Update from LG at AAM - http://androidandme....optimus-2x-g2x/ Seems we need wait until they decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users