NIGHTLY UPDATES 7.1.0: CyanogenMod for the LG Optimus 2X FREE Online Kitchen - auto updating nightlies

Guest PaulOBrien

I have created an auto-updating Nightly kitchen for CyanogenMod for the LG Optimus 2X / P990.

The kitchen will be auto refreshed when new nightly builds become available.

As with the base CM free kitchen, i'll be looking at which LG parts I can include in the kitchen to provide a 'best of both worlds' scenario.

Updates to follow! :)

If you find this service useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription. MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only including a 30 day Filesonic premium subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

P

Guest rjpa123

Prebake FR19 was the best thing that ever happened to my O2X.

CM nightly Online Kitchen will be my next bet.

Thank you, Paul.

Ad Free membership for me, please.

Hi Paul, i have a question: if i'm an ad-free member, why does the link for the cooked rom send me to filesonic ?! isn't that supposed to happen only to the free kitchen ?!

The texts in the above kitchen made me thinking:

"This online kitchen is also available to MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus) on a seperate, load balanced server farm, for instant baking and increased download bandwidth. Please consider signing up for a subscription to support the online kitchen service!"

"Your ROM download link will be delivered by e-mail - please ensure you enter a valid e-mail address in this box." - the paid kitchen doesn't require an e-mail adress as the rom is hosted on the modaco server and it downloads instantlly.

Please fix this, thank you very much!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the nightly!

Edited by nrgon

Thanx Paul for the kitchen! Yes, could it be possible to get some stuff from LG (Mainly the memo , alarm clock and calendar widgets and Contacts / Phone Dialler apps) ?

Great job so far!

Guest thedicemaster

kitchen saving doesn't work properly if there are 2 kitchens on 1 page.

settings saved on the members kitchen(bottom one) are only restored on the public kitchen(top one)

and could you perhaps change Desk Clock to Alarm/Desk Clock?

unlike the mcr roms, this rom has the alarm clock integrated into the desk clock app which might cause some confusion.

i removed the desk clock because i never use it just like i used to do on MCR, but in this rom it also removed the alarm clock.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi there, I'm a bit confused as to what the benefits are of this? How does this differ from the core functionality of CyanogenMod nightlies? I see users getting über excited, but unfortunately I am missing the point. Anyone care to help me understand?

Anil

Guest thedicemaster

this allows you to customize CM before installing it.

normally certain apps are forced on you whether you want them or not, with this kitchen you can disable some apps or include some directly into the flashable zip.

later on little extra tweaks(and perhaps even custom kernels?) could be added to this.

Guest Anil K Solanki

normally certain apps are forced on you whether you want them or not, with this kitchen you can disable some apps or include some directly into the flashable zip.

later on little extra tweaks(and perhaps even custom kernels?) could be added to this.

Thanks thedicemaster, I see now. This kitchen would be of no use to me then. But there are many happy folks using it, so Paul must be doing good work. Thanks again. Anil

Guest Cooled Spirit

It's more than this. Paul combined CM and LG stock together to one release. For one thing: A2DP works with this release (it won't for CM until the drivers are released). You can now get best of both worlds.... I think this is going to be a hit.

Guest withoutwings

It's more than this. Paul combined CM and LG stock together to one release. For one thing: A2DP works with this release (it won't for CM until the drivers are released). You can now get best of both worlds.... I think this is going to be a hit.

No, not yet it isn't - this is just stock CM for now until Paul starts to play around with LG stuff some more.

FYI, A2DP is working in CM and has done so for quite a few weeks...

Guest Simon Pratte

LG Calendar, LG Alarms and LG FM Radio are things I really miss since I installed CM.

If they could be included or set as options in the kitchen I would be the happiest man in this forum!

Guest mankian

I think Paul has included a few tweaks too. Id be interested in hearing about them too.

I was glad the kitchen came online mainly because I can take a lot of the google crap out that I dont need (backup, car home, etc) without having to play "hope my phone boots after deleting this apk..."

Normally with CM I run it through my own scripts anyway that changes settings to dalvik-cache, removes and adds some apps and zipalign's all the apks and re-packs it.

Guest SuperSkill

Hi there, I'm a bit confused as to what the benefits are of this? How does this differ from the core functionality of CyanogenMod nightlies? I see users getting über excited, but unfortunately I am missing the point. Anyone care to help me understand?

You wont be stuck with 7.1.0.0 stable...

Anil

Guest thedicemaster

How long do the baking takes usually?

if it's long enough that you start asking questions like that it probably means something went wrong.

it usually only takes a few seconds, unless it's very busy.

Guest Simon Pratte

if it's long enough that you start asking questions like that it probably means something went wrong.

it usually only takes a few seconds, unless it's very busy.

Turn out I had it all along, it was in my junk folder. What you said made me think to look there. Thanks!