At the begining I would like to say that this is my virgin rom, not only for i9000 but of all, so please give me some credit. I apreciate every opinion as long as it's not insulting. Besides, I decided to cook this rom for my self, with options that I use mainly, but of course, every advice will be taken into consideration. Why such name for the rom? Simply, I love all kinds of jellybeans, and similar sweets;)
While everybody is exciting with ICS ports, I give you good 'ol G-bread, fast, stable and yet beautiful.
Screenshots (click for full size):
- freshly leaked base XXJW4, Android 2.3.6
- modem XXJW4
- rooted, with Superuser.apk added
- added busybox
- multilang, every lang that stock rom uses is available
- deleted almost all Samsung's apps and also Google Maps, as I don't use them, they can be installed manually
- TouchWiz 4 with settings (under menu/TW Settings)
- modded framework and systemUI, my custom theme, a'la ICS & Oldschool themed like previous releases of JBR
- MiLocker for advanced lockscreen selection
- Extended power menu
- CRT-off animation
- Overscroll Glow
- Custom window animations
- Battery %
- Microbes Live Wallpaper
- some init.d scripts and build.prop mods
- SGSII stock keyboard
- modded mms.apk (no sms auto convert + no contact limit)
- modded camera.apk (power button shoot + shooting possible on <15% battery)
- SGS Kernel Flasher, FasterFix, CF Root Ext4 Tools added
- 3D Blur Fix
- RTL support
- kernel Semaphore 2.7.4, to make an RFS->EXT4 conversion you have to use Chainfire's EXT tools (they're added)
Attention!! First boot will be longer. Bootanimation will start repeating, but the system will boot normally, after couple seconds.
JellyBeanRom JW4 Oldschool v3 No Wipe
Phone FC Fix JBR Oldschool
JellyBeanRom JW4 ICS v3 No Wipe
Phone FC Fix JBR ICS
Q. How can I convert partitions to Ext4?
A. If you want to convert partitions to EXT4, firstly you have to change kernel for this operation as Galaxian encounters some bug and is not mounting SD for some reason. Secondly, you should use ext4 tools by Chainfire which are built in the rom.
Q. How to turn on the CRT animation?
A. You have to turn on all animations in Display settings.
Q. Rom is not booting or working incorrectly, what should I do??
A. If you have been running any other custom rom based on JVS, then You HAVE TO perform full wipe!
Q. How to change lockscreen?
A. Go to Settings\Lockscreen menu\Lockscreen Settings and choose one in Lockscreen style option. Attention!! Lockscreen settings in Theme.apk apply only to JKay's lockscreen!! Others won't work!
Q. How to edit Power menu options?
A. Go to Theme Settings and choose options under Phone options dialog position. If you want to disable the title in Power menu, uncheck Phone options title.
- my beloved Girlfriend for not killing me while I'm working on the rom
- Faryaab & Coldflid for their great roms
- dsi xda for the kitchen
- Daneshm90 for apk manager
- boombuler for appwidgetpicker
- $omator for some of his smali's and xml's
- raksan for GB 3D Blur Fix
- sbrissen for TSM Parts
- JKay for JKay's Theme Settings
- Fr4gg0r for SGS Tools & TW4.5
- The_Double for FasterFix
- Team Obsessed for 16 lockscreens and parts of the layout
- neldar for SGS Kernel Flasher
- Chainfire for ext4 tools
- dsexton702 for Acid Tweaks a.k.a Samsung Adrenaline Shot v6
- stratosk for the kernel
- friends at modaco.pl for their support, mainly Ryrzy, XTeK & Format
- coffee, for keeping me up all night playing with the kitchen
- anyone I didn't mention but used their work
If I you feel like being on this list, just remind me, and I will add you.
I'm collecting money for a new device so if you feel, that my work is worth something, you can consider donating a buck or two;) Link in the signature or press Donate to me button on my profile.
I've already been drinking with:
Please do not copy this thread on any other forums or websites without my permission, also please do not make mirrors. Link only to this thread.
Attention!! You are flashing this rom on your own responsibility!! Rom is cooked by myself, it has been tested by myself, and I did everything to make it work correctly, but I take no responsibility if you brake something during flashing or using this rom (I give 100% that nothing will happen).
Edited by Toldo, 28 April 2012 - 01:15 PM.