CM7 look-a-like Notification Power Widget & MIUI Battery Bar for Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here is a fully customisable CM7 look-a-like power widget for Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie. Toggles for wifi, mobile data, GPS, bluetooth, sound/vibrate, brightness, flight mode, sync and auto-rotate. You can freely select which buttons are displayd and select their order. Options for sound/vibrate and brightness buttons. Long pressing on any of the switches takes you to settings menu. Quickpanel settings is embedded into settings menu. Select Settings -> QuickPanel Settings.

post-834050-0-53411900-1325780259_thumb. post-834050-0-31641700-1325780273_thumb.

post-834050-0-92903100-1325780328_thumb. post-834050-0-58677100-1325780339_thumb.

M-MHMP-RLS7-PowerWidget.zip

included in RLS8

MIUI style battery bar:

post-834050-0-80704400-1325780490_thumb. post-834050-0-34662900-1325780502_thumb.

What is included:

-MIUI style battery bar by Pvy. I've modified it a bit and it also needed a little fixing but all credits to Pvy.

-New fully customisable notification power widget

-Centered clock

-Removed normal battery icon

-Changed order of the status bar icons (moved alarm icon)

-Embeded battery bar settings into settings menu

M-MHMP-RLS7-PowerWidget-MIUI.zip

included in RLS8

lidroid, Pvy and CyanogenMod.

Edited by KonstaT

Here is a CM7 look-a-like power widget for Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie. Toggles for wifi, mobile data, GPS, bluetooth, sync, auto-rotate, flight mode, auto-brightness, vibrate and sound.

Scrollable versions:

M-MHMP-PW10-scroll-all.zip

http://www.mediafire...vmj95v3449ff9l7

MD5:4B89929383FC2A0C70AEBE78B4E678AB

Regular versions:

M-MHMP-PW5-wifi-data-gps-bt-snd.zip

http://www.mediafire...265dcvocctcedom

MD5:01B4F344E5A1D41CB56FEDA124AEF925

M-MHMP-PW6-wifi-data-gps-bt-air-snd.zip

http://www.mediafire...4o2ykidfni2acon

MD5:9A8BD6C553290BBD267BC0DA2A6A2D20

Thanks to elitemovil, flshg, JKay, lidroid and CyanogenMod.

hi,

is it possible to create another (not scrollable) one with the followings:

wifi, BT, GPS, mobile data, sync, brightness

thanks in advance..

hi,

is it possible to create another (not scrollable) one with the followings:

wifi, BT, GPS, mobile data, sync, brightness

thanks in advance..

I noticed meanwhile that Brightness switch only disables autobrightness...is it possible to add more brightness options? (e.g. Dim, 40,75,100,auto)

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, it's only auto-brightness switch. It's pretty useless if you ask me too. ;)

We'll see what happens, I'm quite busy with other things at the moment. It's possible future work to add more brightness options. It would also be great to have sound/vibrate options under one button. I'm also looking into porting 2G-3G network mode option. No promises on any of those though...

I added that quite interesting combo you requested into the first post if you still want it.

Edited by KonstaT

Yeah, it's only auto-brightness switch. It's pretty useless if you ask me too. ;)

We'll see what happens, I'm quite busy with other things at the moment. It's possible future work to add more brightness options. It would also be great to have sound/vibrate options under one button. I'm also looking into porting 2G-3G network mode option. No promises on any of those though...

I added that quite interesting combo you requested into the first post if you still want it.

Thanks..can't wait for the "useful" brigjtness sw now :)..

I get used to this combo since Im using CM this way since ancient times.

Guest daaneel

I would like to see the tethering ("wifi hotspot switch") available on this too!

Great addition to your Rom anyway, the switches I use most are on here now already!

+1 btw on the more options for the brightness switch request :)

Guest KonstaT

Added new version. Thanks to flshg again. Long press on any of the toggles will automatically collapse status bar and take you to the respective settings menu.

M-MHMP-PW10-scroll+longpress-close.zip (brightness: auto -> min -> 48% -> max, and longpress opens respective setting menu and automatically closes status bar)

http://www.mediafire.com/?arl0vu3lb1yyujc

MD5:CB46847C804191DE34CD8131F18A565A

Edited by KonstaT

Added new version. Thanks to flshg again. Long press on any of the toggles will automatically collapse status bar and take you to the respective settings menu.

M-MHMP-PW10-scroll+longpress-close.zip (brightness: auto -> min -> 48% -> max, and longpress opens respective setting menu and automatically closes status bar)

http://www.mediafire...arl0vu3lb1yyujc

MD5:CB46847C804191DE34CD8131F18A565A

Hi KonstaT,

can you please make my favourite /w fixed brightness options?

M-MHMP-PW6-wifi-bt-gps-data-sync-bright?

I'd prefer the 48 or 50%...

thnks

Edited by Geree

Guest KonstaT

Updated all of the regular versions. Better brightness button and long press link to settings menu. Also small tweak to layout/appearence (now it looks the same as the scrollable version).

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0otwlujghswjtw

MD5:98F4B76AFE90FAC935D0A44015AD5228

http://www.mediafire.com/?zz9z50ey4taaabb

MD5:25262B83FB74FCF0CAAEACA027AAA68F

M-MHMP-PW6-wifi-bt-gps-data-sync-bright.zip (brightness: auto -> min -> 48% -> max)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ebv8y0w7jomuch

MD5:48FAC3A1BA26B079BA1B50A2409F929C

Updated all of the regular versions. Better brightness button and long press link to settings menu. Also small tweak to layout/appearence (now it looks the same as the scrollable version).

http://www.mediafire...p0otwlujghswjtw

MD5:98F4B76AFE90FAC935D0A44015AD5228

http://www.mediafire...zz9z50ey4taaabb

MD5:25262B83FB74FCF0CAAEACA027AAA68F

M-MHMP-PW6-wifi-bt-gps-data-sync-bright.zip (brightness: auto -> min -> 48% -> max)

http://www.mediafire...1ebv8y0w7jomuch

MD5:48FAC3A1BA26B079BA1B50A2409F929C

great thanks, I'll try it soon with your Gen3 rom... (now im still on Gen2)

Guest KonstaT

great thanks, I'll try it soon with your Gen3 rom... (now im still on Gen2)

Why would you update to gen3?

You'll have a terrible partition layout and basically no ROM support (except mine of course ;)).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest R_Bachman

How can i make the power widget notification bar bigger?

Also a guide to change apps to whatever u want would be good.

Whenever n if you have time , Ty m8.

Guest KonstaT

How can i make the power widget notification bar bigger?

Also a guide to change apps to whatever u want would be good.

Whenever n if you have time , Ty m8.

Can't be bothered to write a complete guide. Changing size/layout, button order, which buttons are shown, etc. is quite simple. Decompile SystemUI.apk with apktool, edit /res/layout/quickpanel_quick_settings.xml, compile with apktool, sign with test key and push to phone.

I attached template quickpanel_quick_settings.xml for both scrollable and normal version. Just remove lines for buttons you don't want to display. Change button order to what ever you like. You can change size by editing layout_width and layout_height in various places. There are some tricks with the scrollable version. If you remove buttons you also need to do some math to reduce the size of the whole button bar. Also make sure that layout_toRightOf points to previous button.

quickpanel-layout.zip

KonstaT, you're the man! I rarely see a developer keeping things tight & posts crystal clear, while responding promptly to the community and coding practically per request. I'm very impressed! Thanks for all your work. :)

Now, back to the business. ;)

Changing size/layout, button order, which buttons are shown, etc. is quite simple. Decompile SystemUI.apk with apktool, edit /res/layout/quickpanel_quick_settings.xml, compile with apktool, sign with test key and push to phone.

I decoded, changed and built back the SystemUI.apk. I am using signapk.jar tool to sign the apk (I found it online, is it good one?) but I need to know how to push it back to the phone.   

Edited by C!chy

Guest KonstaT

I decoded, changed and built back the SystemUI.apk. I am using signapk.jar tool to sign the apk (I found it online, is it good one?) but I need to know how to push it back to the phone.   

Yeah, signapk does the job. I've used generic test key to sign stuff, but I've attached to exact key I've used to this post if you're unsure what key to use.

There are many ways of copying the new SystemUI.apk back to your phone. You can use Root Explorer or similar app, or you can use adb to push it to phone. In both of those cases remember to set correct permissions (644) to your file. I have a habit of making clockworkmod flashable zips. You can use one the zips from the first post and use some zip tool to replace SystemUI.apk with your new modified version.

It can not be that simple!? :D Just flashed the modified file and it just works. I love the CWM way! B)

I need to tweak the quickpanel-layout a bit, though, as there is a gap in the middle of green activity bar (I've moved few buttons around).

Edit: Gap fixed. Now PW works and looks great! :D

Thanks!

Edit: Can I replace the original PW (with the one I just customized) directly in the CWM ROM file before I flash it? Can I also replace/remove some non-critical apps and ringtones that way?

Edited by C!chy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KonstaT, that looks sweet! Nice work! :)

BTW. do you plan to release new version ow MMHMP? I had some issues with the last one, but am looking forward to migrate back to MMHMP. :)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, that looks sweet! Nice work! :)

BTW. do you plan to release new version ow MMHMP? I had some issues with the last one, but am looking forward to migrate back to MMHMP. :)

We'll see... I've been itching to make a new ROM. Not sure if it's going to be RLS8 or am I going to make a completely new ROM based on a newer build.

Guest KonstaT

How could I install this thingy? What kind of wipe I need (I dont want to reinstall the full ROM, apps, etc...)

Thanks for the help!

If you have MMHMP RLS7 already installed, just install it normally through clockworkmod. No wipes needed (it will automatically wipe dalvik cache).

Guest FollowWings

If you have MMHMP RLS7 already installed, just install it normally through clockworkmod. No wipes needed (it will automatically wipe dalvik cache).

THX! :)

/Edited: Works great Thanks again!/

Edited by FollowWings