[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest Torstiko

@Techno, my settings were saved after rebooting. I am using stock 2.3.6.

No Problem for me too, on Ginger_dmd.

Just testing voltages. Now 25 mV above your values and stable.

Thanks

Guest TechnoLover

for the ones where set at boot doesn't work, do this: run this code in terminal Emulator

su

busybox

and tell me the output :) Then install busybox from market with busybox installer ;)

I think there's the problem ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest edisson77

for the ones where set at boot doesn't work, do this: run this code in terminal Emulator

su

busybox

and tell me the output :) Then install busybox from market with busybox installer ;)

After command - not found. :(

But...after installing busybox...

Thank you very much! Very useful advice. Voltage setting is now saved.:)

Edited by edisson77

su

busybox

Sorry, I totally forgot that I'm using a stock ROM now, on my Liquid E I always on a custom one...bad habit Thanks for your fast thinking!

Edited by spal

Guest mister_sleeper

I am using GingerOunay 3.0.1 with TechLover's Kernel, but the voltages in the first post are too low.

I'm trying to find the perfect voltage for each frequence, but even if the voltage appear stable, if I save it for the boot an then I reboot, the phone freezes at the acer screen :(.

so, is it possible that during the boot the cpu needs more voltage then during normal use :huh:?

Edited by mister_sleeper

Guest stonebear

I am using GingerOunay 3.0.1 with TechLover's Kernel, but the voltages in the first post are too low.

I'm trying to find the perfect voltage for each frequence, but even if the voltage appear stable, if I save it for the boot an then I reboot, the phone freezes at the acer screen :(.

so, is it possible that during the boot the cpu needs more voltage then during normal use :huh:?

Maybe, but I can set voltages and it seems fine, it will perform benchmarks ok but then suddenly it will freeze when doing a little thing, so I have to accept it needs more volts. I can't get close to the settings on the first page without problems but I can reduce quite a lot from stock.

Guest mister_sleeper

Maybe, but I can set voltages and it seems fine, it will perform benchmarks ok but then suddenly it will freeze when doing a little thing, so I have to accept it needs more volts. I can't get close to the settings on the first page without problems but I can reduce quite a lot from stock.

so can you post your stable voltages?

today I'm using those ones and seems stable:

368 MHz @ 875 mV

806 MHz @ 925 mV

can you do better?

Guest stonebear

so can you post your stable voltages?

today I'm using those ones and seems stable:

368 MHz @ 875 mV

806 MHz @ 925 mV

can you do better?

I don't know yet, I need to be more systematic in my testing cos I am changing too may frequencies at once, so if it freezes I don't know which caused it. rolleyes.gif

But from the bit of testing I have done, I doubt I will get better than those voltages.

Guest davidevinavil

best methods to check stability is to put in setcpu Max frequency at frequency you want check and put governor ondemand.. done this launch a benchmark like linpack or quadrant many time.. If it's unstable it will freezes.. best check all frequency step from lower to higher ;) It require a bit of time but is very useful..

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest stonebear

best methods to check stability is to put in setcpu Max frequency at frequency you want check and put governor ondemand.. done this launch a benchmark like linpack or quadrant many time.. If it's unstable it will freezes.. best check all frequency step from lower to higher ;) It require a bit of time but is very useful..

I will do that, thanks David. smile.gif

Guest Sildipix

Just ignoring my questions, i wasn't root. Now everything work propely. Thanks technolover.

Sorry for my bad english but I'm italian.

Edited by Sildipix

Guest stonebear

This method is working much better and I seem to be stable at lower mV than I thought I would be too. smile.gif

I think 750/775/775/850 is stable so far. So, SetCpu is currently set to 122-768 (on demand). I have tested with Antutu, CF-Bench and also the stress test that SetCpu has. I am quite pleased cos I didn't think I was going to get this low.

Edited by stonebear

Thanks a lot for this kernel TechnoLover. Using it on stock 4.000.07 without problems. Currently running 800/800/800/950/1000/1050/1100 on 122-1200MHz. Have tested it for 1h using StabilityTest

Edited by Frojd

Guest stonebear

Thanks a lot for this kernel TechnoLover. Using it on stock 4.000.07 without problems. Currently running 800/800/800/950/1000/1050/1100 on 122-1200MHz. Have tested it for 1h using StabilityTest

Thanks for the link, it looks good. It can test all available frequencies separately apparently (scaling test). smile.gif