[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest stonebear

I probably sound like a complete idiot asking this, but never overclocked a phone before. Installed the kernel, got the MT Voltage control thing, but how do i actually overclock the thing O_o

The voltage control is a separate issue to overclocking, it just makes it so we can use less cpu voltage, which helps battery life. You can overclock and completely ignore the voltage control thing. Without doing anything, this rom is overclocked to 1024mhz anyway, but if you want more or want to adjust it you need an app like setcpu, like k0zmic said.

Guest harylauw

Technolover, can you tell me how to enable app2sd on your kernel? i'm using it on gingerounay 3.0 rom and i lost app2sd function. it fails to activate app2sd when i used a2sdGUI. it also said that "no EXT partitions mounted" when i type a2sd on terminal emulator

The driver is the same as the driver in 4.000.13, so it shouldn't be the problem ;)

I can't find sources for 4.000.13's ar6000.ko either. Your module differs from official, so I assume you've managed to build it somehow. Could you please try to apply this patch and build new module? I'd give it a try.

Guest stonebear

This shouldn't happen, I changed nothing than percentsteps, did you remove battery and try it again?

Yea.

I will download it again.

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

On which rom are you? What settings did you have?

2.3.6 stock

I was using the 1% kernel, flashed the 5% and freeze at kernel splashscreen, tried a few times and same thing. I downloaded it again and it is still doing it. I have re-flashed the 1% kernel and that is working fine still.

I noticed when flashing it, it says "mounting something etc" but when I flash the 1% it doesn't say any of that stuff. Don't know if that is relevant.

Could it be I need to set stock voltages first? I will try that now.

Guest stonebear

I set voltages to stock in case that made a difference (whilst using 1% kernel) and then rebooted to recovery. Still get the freeze on kernel splash. Weird.

Edited by stonebear

Guest TechnoLover

For the ones where 5% doesn't work, try to flash first deleteBootUndervolt.zip and then 5% kernel, I don't know if it changes something but worth a try ;)

@ stonebear

update scripts should be the same... do you ahve an old 1% kernel?

@ all

Please tell me on which Firmware/Rom you are (: