ROM Experience-Topic

Guest mt2jjj

Hello Everybody!!

The point of this topic is simple. To write experience maked with one or more ROMs.

This topic is mostly for fun someone will say pointless,

but it will help unexperienced x10 users(OK mostly of them doesnt read posts, just asking around)

Anyway, how this should look:

Xperia X10:

• Baseband: ............
  • Kernel: ............
  • ROM: .........
  • Android Version: ........
  • Updates: .........
  • Patchs: ..........
  • Addons:........

1. First Bugs: ...........

2. Way bugs solved: ..........

3. Other Bugs and how fix it: ..........

4. Suggestions: ...........

5. Other Tips: ...........

Please do not discuss with others, just keep yourse posts.

Make fun with helping :) .

cheers

mt2

Edited by mt2jjj

Xperia X10:

• Baseband: 2.1.71
  • Kernel: modFXP-DoomKernel-v5a oc
  • ROM: MIUI-1.10.21 OODIE prime
  • Android Version: 2.3.7
  • Updates: None
  • Patchs: None
  • Addons: None

1. First Bugs: WIFI restart phone on first switching on\off

2. Way bugs solved: Need nothing to do, work after that fine.

3. Other Bugs and how fix it: Fonts from other themes wont work propertly, not much important

4. Suggestions: After charging phone, restart it, sometimes deep sleep wont work.

5. Other Tips: Before install ROM delete all files on sd card from previous one.

Edited by mt2jjj

Guest chunkylover2321

Xperia X10:

• Baseband: 2.1.71
  • Kernel: modFXP-DoomKernel-v5a oc
  • ROM: MIUI-1.10.21 OODIE prime
  • Android Version: 2.3.7
  • Updates: None
  • Patchs: None
  • Addons: None

1. First Bugs: WIFI restart phone on first switching on\off

2. Way bugs solved: Need nothing to do, work after that fine.

3. Other Bugs and how fix it: Fonts from other themes wont work propertly, not much important

4. Suggestions: After charging phone, restart it, sometimes deep sleep wont work.

5. Other Tips: Before install ROM delete all files on sd card from previous one.

using same rom as you mate.

:D Very good MT2!!!

My info is easy:

Version 2.3.5

MIUI 1.8.28

Radio 2.1.71

Kernel Version 2.6.29-zdzihu-mod4.05. this fixed most bugs within MIUI. many thanx to Z for all his efforts. d@mn he's the man!!

Still have locked BL cause not really needed, yet. i will eventually if devs only release updates for unlocked.

had some probs with xrecovery (sd card mount crap) but fixed it with new files. battery calibration needed a few times, not the app from market.

I hope trip comes with sumtin. but for now thank a1exander for MIUI. very nice. no defects noted for miui1028c.zip (i didnt like the boot animation so no more pretty colors) :D

Guest BuglyAstard

Great topic, but alot of this can be cured with some good google research. I think theres plenty of detail in rom threads now, and most of the new x10 roms are much better than before GB arrived. Ill give this my best though.

baseband 67 (smsbb67 patch)

DkMod (Doom+Oodie)

1.11.4 Oodie prime

The following is general experience

1 first bugs? Bed bugs, seriously though lots of things happen when your a newbie with flashing roms

2 The best way to solve bugs, like I learned, is to read READ READ the original post, and use google and the search engine on the website your using

3 If you have the time, try different things but back up your rom before doing anything too crazy, backup is your friend, so is look before you leap (read OP)

4 Suggestions: Well, dont complain about battery the day you flash a rom, you need to calibrate your battery, and give it a few charges.

Also, dont act demanding to devs, thats childish and disrespectfull, you can always just go back to stock gingerbread or make your own rom.

5 Other tips? Drink a shot of raw apple cider vinegar before each meal, balance your pH, think positive, and stay away from fast food, it makes you slower.

• 2 months later...

Xperia X10:

Baseband: 2.1.71

Kernel: locked bl-2.6.29-zdzihu-mod4.05......

ROM: MIUI-2.1.20 OODIE prime

Android Version: 2.3.7

Updates: None

Patchs: None

Addons: Well, some made by me

1. First Bugs: WIFI restart phone on first switching on\off+

2. Way bugs solved: Need nothing to do, work after that fine.+

3. Other Bugs and how fix it: What a boring day, have no idea

Do not use no-frills cpu control if is 998-245-ondemand ok for you, uninstall them.

Do not sit on cold concrete.. 

Edited by mt2jjj