Phone doesn't see Ext4 partition

Guest KeransHQ

Guest KeransHQ

I have an HTC Desire on Vodafone updated OTA to Froyo.

I have rooted it using unrevoked and S-offed with alpha rev

Using gparted on my 4gig Micro SD card I created a 1000mb Ext4 partition and a 2.96gb FAT32 partition.

After that was complete and I rebooted the phone I went in to SD and phone storage and found the 2.96gb SD card but only 20-odd mb on the phone, the same as before. Have I done something wrong? shouldn't I see the 1GB Ext4 partition as the phones memory?

I used the following guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1016084

Any advice?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything, I've not posted here before.

Guest David_P

I have an HTC Desire on Vodafone updated OTA to Froyo.

I have rooted it using unrevoked and S-offed with alpha rev

Using gparted on my 4gig Micro SD card I created a 1000mb Ext4 partition and a 2.96gb FAT32 partition.

After that was complete and I rebooted the phone I went in to SD and phone storage and found the 2.96gb SD card but only 20-odd mb on the phone, the same as before. Have I done something wrong? shouldn't I see the 1GB Ext4 partition as the phones memory?

I used the following guide http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1016084

Any advice?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything, I've not posted here before.

The stock kernel wont read EXT4. What ROM/Kernel are you using? Are you trying to implement a2sd+ ?

Guest KeransHQ

The stock kernel wont read EXT4. What ROM/Kernel are you using? Are you trying to implement a2sd+ ?

Aah I thought that may ne the problem. I am currently using the stock Rom/kernel. The guide I skinned to suggested that would work. So if I do a android backup ov my phone as it is now and just install a custom Rom would that work?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BashyUK

Aah I thought that may ne the problem. I am currently using the stock Rom/kernel. The guide I skinned to suggested that would work. So if I do a android backup ov my phone as it is now and just install a custom Rom would that work?

Providing it's a custom ROM using A2SD+ and it supports Ext4, yeah!

Take note, if you use a ROM like MIUI you have to enable A2SD+ by running the command:

get terminal from market

- Type su

- Type a2sd zipalign

- Type a2sd cachesd

Otherwise, other A2SD+ ROM's will just pick up that you have the partition. Just make sure it's an EXT4 compatible ROM