[25th Nov 2011][ROM]BladeGinger-Negaraku RLS2.4 [GEN1 /GEN2]

Guest burstlam

thx fot that

Actually, I have grab the patch from here and mod it to work with .35 kernel.

Just need more test and feedback from my test group in Chinese Blade Forum before it merged.

BTW, which app u are using to perform the recording?

I used a program rVoix.apk (http://4pda.ru/forum...howtopic=195254) by avs234. avs234 slightly modify it for me.

In order, to not change the kernel of SS5, compiled only module vocpcm.ko and copied it to /system/lib/modules/.

You can then load the module using insmod/system/lib/modules/vocpcm.ko

Or use the attached program, rename to .apk (she self loads the module vocpcm.ko)

sorry for my english

rVoix.zip

well~ Nearly impossible

different machine with different CPU I think~

Tuning CPU is somehow impracticable, I have been trying hard on lowering the voltage with CPU.

but shame with the stability issue. (reboots, can't wake up from sleep)

thats a shame. wouldve been quite a nice thing to have.

I also tried undervolting when I was compiling my kernel and also found it to be very unstable. Tne CPU seems to be extremely sensitive to its voltage.

Anyway thanks for the effort :rolleyes:

Guest lazyliam

just been reading over this and tbh i got a little bit bored but the other day i were considering starting a thread on something like would it be worth making a signifacntly underclocked profile for when im sleeping but thought it might be stupid question as i pressumed clock runs and min speed all time well sleeping anyone care to explain behaviour of cpu well phone sleeps ?

so is it possible to introduce this patch into our kernel?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1297535

Guest burstlam

I Just flashed 2.3 let it boot once and then flashed the new XT9 keyboard file but i still get FC. Am i doing something wrong ?

no idea~ I did the same way u do and I don't have any problems~

just been reading over this and tbh i got a little bit bored but the other day i were considering starting a thread on something like would it be worth making a signifacntly underclocked profile for when im sleeping but thought it might be stupid question as i pressumed clock runs and min speed all time well sleeping anyone care to explain behaviour of cpu well phone sleeps ?

Im no expert in this stuff but from all the sources I've read and my own personal experiences this is how I understand it...

when the phone is asleep there are still background processes that need to be run so the phone still needs processing power, however, since the user doesnt need the processes to be done quickly it was thought that reducing the cpu freq. (or setting a low max. frequency) would be good for battery life as the processor would be running at low freq. for longer. However, this contradicts the 'race-to-idle' principle which says that its more efficient for a cpu to do a load of processes at higher freq. for shorter time than at low freq. for long time. This is what the guy in the link I posted was talking about.

He tested his phones performance and found that the race-to-idle thing wasnt saving him any significant battery as it should so he looked into the kernel source and found that the phone wasnt implementing the power features of the processor correctly. He found some patches which helped to fix it and eventually managed to save 30 odd % battery.

Wouldve been good if we could have something similar on the blade but it seems our processor doesnt have the same power mode features... :(

Guest lazyliam

Im no expert in this stuff but from all the sources I've read and my own personal experiences this is how I understand it...

when the phone is asleep there are still background processes that need to be run so the phone still needs processing power, however, since the user doesnt need the processes to be done quickly it was thought that reducing the cpu freq. (or setting a low max. frequency) would be good for battery life as the processor would be running at low freq. for longer. However, this contradicts the 'race-to-idle' principle which says that its more efficient for a cpu to do a load of processes at higher freq. for shorter time than at low freq. for long time. This is what the guy in the link I posted was talking about.

He tested his phones performance and found that the race-to-idle thing wasnt saving him any significant battery as it should so he looked into the kernel source and found that the phone wasnt implementing the power features of the processor correctly. He found some patches which helped to fix it and eventually managed to save 30 odd % battery.

Wouldve been good if we could have something similar on the blade but it seems our processor doesnt have the same power mode features... :(

Sorry for double post I'm on my.phone and thanks for explanation on that 1 so what's the conclusion just try it for myself and see?

haha yeah that seems to be the best option. Personally I dont think setting the cpu frequency super low during sleep saves much battery. Having it really high, on the other hand, will definitely drain more so I go for a medium-ish frequency. I think screen brightness and unnecessary wake locks are far more significant in battery usage than sleep frequency. But then thats just my opinion

Guest adonwenas

I've been figure out the a2sd script....

Ur using cyanogen that adapted for modaco..

Minus is dalvik cache still on internal..

And s2e doesnt recognized that...

Isnt s2e is built for cyanogen? ...

It really helping me if dalvik is moved..

Cuz when i was restore my apps with TB ive got low memory warning...

Just my opinian .... btw great rom ...

N now updating to 2.3

Guest 奥特曼

联通版的V880刷了你在HIAPK发布的BladeGinger - Negaraku RLS2.3 ROM后,RAM变成了155M,而不是原来的166M,有没有办法可以修复?

Guest burstlam

I've been figure out the a2sd script....

Ur using cyanogen that adapted for modaco..

Minus is dalvik cache still on internal..

And s2e doesnt recognized that...

Isnt s2e is built for cyanogen? ...

It really helping me if dalvik is moved..

Cuz when i was restore my apps with TB ive got low memory warning...

Just my opinian .... btw great rom ...

N now updating to 2.3

just replace the script (system/etc/init.d) with this 40a2sd+.zip

a2sd+ script performance is lower than a2sd in general~

Guest burstlam

联通版的V880刷了你在HIAPK发布的BladeGinger - Negaraku RLS2.3 ROM后,RAM变成了155M,而不是原来的166M,有没有办法可以修复?

u can't compare the 2.2 froyo to 2.3 Gingerbread on Memory usage~~~~

and this is some kind of kernel changes I have maded for Performance and Testing~

and pls be remind that this forum use English instead of Chinese~

Edited by burstlam

Guest burstlam

XT9 wouldn't work for me either.

Can u explain more on the issue? a sudden drop out or failure at the beginning?

btw, XT9 input method ZTE use looks buggy and unstable~ that's why I rip it off ~

Guest coffeedrinker

Can u explain more on the issue? a sudden drop out or failure at the beginning?

btw, XT9 input method ZTE use looks buggy and unstable~ that's why I rip it off ~

I flash it in recovery. restart > start a new message & select input method XT9 after a few seconds I get "XT9 Text Input (process com.nuance.xt9.input) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. and this repeats every time I select an input box until I change back to android keyboard.

Edit: This is not something that I am worried about, I was just going to give it a try out

Edited by coffeedrinker

Guest adonwenas

just replace the script (system/etc/init.d) with this 40a2sd+.zip

a2sd+ script performance is lower than a2sd in general~

Ok i got it. Will give it try...

Yes ull right. I dont know how darktremor always give me hard reset..

Btw how to see my sd-ext capacity...?

Cuz i couldnt see it with TB.