• 628 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NEXUS
  • Twitter:@aksolanki

What I really liked from the LG stock roms were:

- Alarm/Time/Stopwatch app
- Calendar+widget
- Camera
- FM Radio
- ringtones! (the one in CM7.1 sucks, specially the alarm ones)

Hi, to add custom ringtones, simply add a folder called "notifications" to the root of your SD card. Any ringtone you place in that folder will automatically be picked up by the system, and will therefore be available in the system menus. Have fun. Anil

Galaxy NEXUS with a side of Jelly Bean.

Rusty!

Rusty!

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 16GB
  • Twitter:@RussUnderhill

In CM7 camera has NO STABILIZATION, and record @ 9 FPS at 720 or 1080 P.
LG Camera works great.s) .

Stabilization I'll give you, but it records @ 30fps unless in low light.

HariSeldon85

HariSeldon85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x

Stabilization I'll give you, but it records @ 30fps unless in low light.

I was trying a recoding test in my room, so maybe it was in the "low light" condiction. Lg camera in the same condiction worked great!

And, without stabilization, It's really hard to take a good video.....

By the way, tnx for the answer Rusty!
You've ever helped me, here and in XDA forum! Thanx again ;)

SuperSkill

SuperSkill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Games, Phones And Freedom To Do Whatever
  • Devices:LG p990,Motorola Defy
  • Twitter:@SuperPils
Contacts from LG are better(search function), alarm, calendar and espesially the camera from LG.

CM7 are way better on memory and speed in general, mostly all the talk about bad LgStuff will be better with another launcher like ADW(the one used by CM7), a really good launcher with lots of tweaking options.

The best parts from CM7, LG and MoDaCo makes the perfect rom :-)

BUFUMAN

BUFUMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus Speed 2X
  • Twitter:@-
Yep Rusty is cool ;)

HariSeldon85

HariSeldon85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x

Yep Rusty is cool ;)

FM Radio is added today to CM7!
Also hdmi mirroring issue is solved.

So, Paul, try to port the camera app to CM7 please! Camera in CM7 really sucks...no stabilization, no 30fps in low light, many photocam bugs...

thedicemaster

thedicemaster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy camera, Note 2

So, Paul, try to port the camera app to CM7 please! Camera in CM7 really sucks...no stabilization, no 30fps in low light, many photocam bugs...

that might not do anything.
if the actual camera driver is broken replacing the camera app will do nothing to improve it.

rmein

rmein

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Does anyone know why CM7 has ro.product.model=Optimus 2X instead of ro.product.model=LG-P990 as it is in the stock ROMs?

As far as I can see this is the only thing stopping Polaris Office from working without popping up a device unsupported banner.

mankian

mankian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus X2
Wahey!

http://getandroidstu...widget-andorid/

Getting the Calendar to work is a pain. Keep getting a force-close. Need to look into it more really (logcat, etc).

Attached Files

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
Hi Paul, I was just wondering if you had made any progress in this endeavor? A few important things have happened in the past two weeks, CyanogenMod has FM radio, and LG released Gingerbread source code.

If you have time, a quick update would be appreciated. Regards. Anil

mankian

mankian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Ive just had a go at the Calendar. It requires some resources from /system/framework/framework.jar from an LG build. I tried patching cyanogenmod's framework.jar with some of these resources but every time i added one, it would want another, then another, then another, in the end im guessing most/all of LGs resources would be imported into it and there would be little point having cyanogenmod! So I gave up, but yeah its possible!!

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Ive just had a go at the Calendar. It requires some resources from /system/framework/framework.jar from an LG build. I tried patching cyanogenmod's framework.jar with some of these resources but every time i added one, it would want another, then another, then another, in the end im guessing most/all of LGs resources would be imported into it and there would be little point having cyanogenmod! So I gave up, but yeah its possible!!

Hi mankian, nice to know other users have been trying to get the LG stuff working. As a matter of interest, and because I never used the LG ROM, I went straight to CM7 when I bought the phone. What does the LG calendar app look like? Any chance of a screen shot?

Many thanks. Anil

mankian

mankian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I dont use LG roms at the min either, but heres a few links:

Its similar to the normal android calendar, it is just much more clear on which days there is and isnt reminders, that I find really convienient.

Also the LG calendar widget is FAR better than the standard android one

To have a look, go to: http://www. p h o n e a r e n a .com/reviews/LG-Optimus-2X-Review_id2652/page/2

(Paul, if your reading this please sort out the links, keeps putting advert removed in them all... which is a bit annoying!)

Edited by mankian, 26 November 2011 - 06:06 PM.

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

I dont use LG roms at the min either, but heres a few links:

Its similar to the normal android calendar, it is just much more clear on which days there is and isnt reminders, that I find really convienient.

Also the LG calendar widget is FAR better than the standard android one

To have a look, go to: http://www. p h o n e a r e n a .com/reviews/LG-Optimus-2X-Review_id2652/page/2

(Paul, if your reading this please sort out the links, keeps putting advert removed in them all... which is a bit annoying!)

Hi mankian, thanks very much for the link. I apologize, perhaps I should have searched Google first before asking for screen shots. I just assumed that the reviews would be very cursory, ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com however has excellent in depth views.
Again many thanks.

Phone Arena Review

EDIT; After posting the weblink I too had the same issue, all seemed fine until I posted the reply. Damn shame.
I just tried posting a web link, see above, and had no issues. Are you using the weblink button indicated in my screen shot?

Posted Image

Regards. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki, 27 November 2011 - 12:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users