EddyOS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@dj_e1d
Nice one mate, thought it was that simple! :D

Finally got mine turned on after having it all day in work and not being able to play. It's a seriously nice handset

Google Nexus 4 (LG-E960)
ROM: Android 4.3 (JWR66V)
Bootloader: MAKOZ20i
Recovery: Stock
Radio: 2.0.1700.84
Kernel: Stock

GriZlore

GriZlore

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus / Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@thegrizlore
Could anyone please gimme some help?

I have previously rooted/unlock, however after the recent samsung/google volume patch, i have lost root.

what's the easiest way of doing this again please? (without wiping) I am still unlocked.

Thanks in anticipation

sorted - i just did it again - d'oh

Edited by GriZlore, 11 December 2011 - 08:10 PM.

strikeir13

strikeir13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I haven't seen any confirmation that this works for the LTE nexus?

Also, could I use the boot.superboot.img in the zip file to manually root my LTE nexus using adb?

Thanks.

whowland

whowland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
I'm locked up in a bootloop, any help out there..

Ethrael

Ethrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Just got the Verizon LTE Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Drivers installed through PDAnet fine, got to bootloader mode, however when I run either install-superboot-windows.bat or 'fastboot-windows oem unlock', I get this error:

... FAILED <command write failed <Unknown error>>

auzeal

auzeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Got one from Telstra (AUS)

Installed PDANet fine and recognises my phone. Can copy things back and forth fine.

Get to bootloader mode fine too

Whenever I try to do either commands in command prompt, just says < waiting for device > and sits there, until i CTRL+C...

Any thoughts?

inf

inf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:Sensation, Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@infz

Got one from Telstra (AUS)

Installed PDANet fine and recognises my phone. Can copy things back and forth fine.

Get to bootloader mode fine too

Whenever I try to do either commands in command prompt, just says < waiting for device > and sits there, until i CTRL+C...

Any thoughts?

Was the phone recognized also in the bootloader mode?

auzeal

auzeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Was the phone recognized also in the bootloader mode?

Ahh... here's the problem...

Can't seem to get it updated... grabbed the Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_4_6_0.exe already and pointing it to the install location picked up nothing.

I have the Android SDK installed as well... but for some reason, I can't install the Google USB Driver package...
I assume this needs to be fixed somehow?

Downloading Google USB Driver package, revision 4
File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\temp\usb_driver_r04-windows.zip (Access is denied)

Ethrael

Ethrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
PDANet fixed the problem with the device not being recognized properly in bootloader mode for me. It's the next step now that my LTE nexus doesn't like.

Dave90

Dave90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Guys I need some help Please! I unlocked the bootloader fine. I use superboot, now Im in a boot loop on the Google screen. Did I miss something. I have the Galaxy Nexus LTE version. Thanks for the future help

Dave90

Dave90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Guys I figured it out. SO I booted in to recovery and got the adroid with a red triangle with exclamation mark. So I used this tut to fastboot CWM and VUALLA! All good.

Guys I need some help Please! I unlocked the bootloader fine. I use superboot, now Im in a boot loop on the Google screen. Did I miss something. I have the Galaxy Nexus LTE version. Thanks for the future help

thwg

thwg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dave90,

Can you please elaborate? I'm in the same situation and would really appreciate some more detail about how you resolved.
Much thanks.

Guys I figured it out. SO I booted in to recovery and got the adroid with a red triangle with exclamation mark. So I used this tut to fastboot CWM and VUALLA! All good.

Dave90

Dave90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sure so basically I ran that superboot like you did and got the Google boot loop. So I went into the recovery and noticed the android with the red triangle with the exclaimation mark. So I said hmm.. is it possible my revocery image got corrupt. So I downloaded and fastboot push the CWM image and poof I was good. Here is the tutorial.
Koushik Dutta - Yesterday 8:52 PM (edited) - Public

Unlocking/rooting your Galaxy Nexus

This process is similar to all the other Nexus phones, which come unlockable thanks to google:

Download:

Clockwork Recovery for Galaxy Nexus (CDMA):

http://download.cloc....5.0.4-toro.img

Superuser update package:

http://download.cloc...com/test/su.zip

Using a console and fastboot (which can be obtained in various places, look around):

# boot into fastboot by powering off, then turning the phone on with volume-up + power

# unlock

fastboot oem unlock

# boot recovery

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img

# note the trailing slash when pushing the superuser zip

adb push su.zip /sdcard/

Install su.zip from clockwork recovery like you normally would. This is not a permanent recovery flash. That will be available later today.

In case you flash recovery, you can revert back to stock recovery with this image:

http://download.cloc...ro-recovery.img

Full/official factory images:

https://groups.googl...7c9b41a5d?pli=1

Here is the original source.
Hope this helps.

Dave90,

Can you please elaborate? I'm in the same situation and would really appreciate some more detail about how you resolved.
Much thanks.

thwg

thwg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sure so basically I ran that superboot like you did and got the Google boot loop. So I went into the recovery and noticed the android with the red triangle with the exclaimation mark. So I said hmm.. is it possible my revocery image got corrupt. So I downloaded and fastboot push the CWM image and poof I was good. Here is the tutorial.

CWM is unable to install su.zip b/c it can't mount /sdcard/. I can get in via adb shell & see the files & permissions are all there. Am I missing something?

Edited by thwg, 18 December 2011 - 03:48 AM.

318vert

318vert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I installed the volume fix manual and i lost root by the look of it.

I connect to my PC and boot into boot loader and double click install-superboot-windows.bat and my phone restarts but i still dont think i have root again as cwm will not install.

How can i check if i have root? I look in .system.,bin for SU but i cannot see it

Ash

EDIT:

Seems my wifi was playing up and so was taking ages to download CMW so i used my mobile network instead and it works fine.

But while in bootloader i can not connect to my phone with adb. It dosnt show in device list.

Edited by 318vert, 19 December 2011 - 11:34 AM.

causa sui

causa sui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Dave90 for the guide you pasted (a few posts above mine). I have the boot loop problem and I can report that using your method it seems I have successfully installed ClockworkMod recovery on the phone. Two problems remain:

1) I still have the boot loop.

2) CWM cannot mount the sdcard, so I cannot restore the default ROM.

I am very worried about this and would appreciate any additional advice.

Edit: Turns out I just had a bad USB port. I swapped to another port, re-locked using fastboot, unlocked, reflashed, and now I'm in business! Thanks for the great tool.

Edited by causa sui, 24 December 2011 - 09:48 PM.

tklr

tklr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@tklr
@paul

Kthx for the superboot! It worked w/o problems on my GNex running 4.0.1. A few questions if I may. Will root still be working after an OTA to 4.0.2 which should be rolling out here in Europe afaik. If not can I use superboot r3 to gain root again? If not, will there be another version of superboot?
Anyway, thanks a lot again. Superboot made my life so much easier.

T.

DJTaurus

DJTaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@sakiss
supeboot r3 is down...can anyone fix it?

Posted Image
DJTaurus aka sakiss

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,254 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Link updated pending our new download server!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

wills

wills

windows mobile fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100; Compact II;

Link updated pending our new download server!

P

Paul, it seems that zip uploaded to filefactory is corrupted. Can you upload again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users