CWM Flashable version of 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1?

Guest sambartle

Guest sambartle

Does anyone have a CWM flashable zip version of the Official Acer Gingerbread ROM available?

(Preferably: 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1, but 4.000.07.EMEA.GEN1 would do as well)

The reason i'm asking is I'm new to the Liquid Metal (My blade died) and id like to get started compiling a nice clean ROM and learn about LiquidMT, so forgive me if this is obvious but:

I've tried to extract the BIN for it but I cant find a working link to the tools required.. I found a thread here linking to MegaUpload but the tool.zip has been removed.

Also someone mentioned running the acer windows tool and grabbing the extracted img files before it flashes, but I cant get that far anymore.. I flashed CWM and the DMD rom and now cant get the acer tool to work.. it just complains about lack of free space on the memory card (despite me having GB's free) so thats no longer an option.

Guest sambartle

Thanks stonebear, although I dont want to flash it I want to take it apart and build a zip version..

I saw a tool mentioned on al old thread here to decompile an acer .bin.. but the link was dead.. Does anyone have a copy of that?

Guest sambartle

Ah right I see, so I'd have to flash the bin first then flash whatever I've created on top of that.. thanks for that.

I'd still like to be able to decompile the bin though.. I'm gonna go have a look and see if I can work out the format and take it apart manually.