Gr5 release

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest el_Charlie

Hello chaps!

Just a heads up that Gr5 is coming up from Monday onwards. Apologies i've not been able to get it online sooner, it's been kinda manic! :D

P

Thanks, we'll wait.

But do we need to wipe our devices to use it?? I'm currently using stock 20L and I bet many other people are.

Cheers!

Hello chaps!

Just a heads up that Gr5 is coming up from Monday onwards. Apologies i've not been able to get it online sooner, it's been kinda manic! :D

P

Too busy playing with your development Galaxy Nexus, and who can blame you!laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to it when it comes, but till then I'll just take this as a learning opportunity and try to graft a few bits of Gr4 onto the Stock release and see if they workcool.gif

Guest kruppin

Good to hear! Can't wait.. And Paul, another thing, when I bought Ad-free it charged my credit card two times. Could you look in to it? I think it's because there is a bug with your site and IE9 that open links (like downloads) in both a new tab and the "original" tab. Understand what I mean? Anyway, using Chrome now where the problem doesn't exist but I still lost some money. What's bothering me most is that they are gone because of a bug :P

Guest SuperSkill

Hello chaps!

P

No need to apologise, all of us whos patient know its worth it, one question; will the ril be included? And, the prebakes already out, are they ext3?? Suspects thats the reason for bootloops :-)

Guest c.joenie

I went back to FR19 due to the memory usage of Gr4 (and the lack of tethering @ custom kernel).

Do you have the sources of Gr5? Will there be tethering and all those lovely extremely cool optimizations like in Fr19/Fr20? Still love that kernel :). Makes my P990 feel like a JSF/F16 :) : fast, manouverable and usable for many different things at once.

Guest antec123

IS it possible to put up a nowipe update zip - just to flash the important stuff over Gr4?

Thanks

Baz

it think not since the new rom always require the full wipe. but it's just my opinion and i'm not the developer ;)

Guest Diskbox

"...from Monday onwards...."

read some Monday in the future but not necessarily the 7th Nov 2011 ;)

Stock isn't so bad, I'm getting great battery out of mine. Just need GR5 for the tweaks.

Guest CyberBob78

read some Monday in the future but not necessarily the 7th Nov 2011 ;)

Stock isn't so bad, I'm getting great battery out of mine. Just need GR5 for the tweaks.

We all hope he meant this week rolleyes.gif

I want to go back from cm7 to a more stocklike rom, but no need to rush wink.gif

Guest dbbloke

Will it be much longer, living with bad battery life.

I flashed LG stock 20L and the 4 radio patches and all was good but now I'm back on GR4 (which hangs) and I didn't flash the matching Radio because I thought... live with half day battery as GR5 is out soon. So should I flash back to radio for 20L or hang on when all I'll need to do is flash GR5. An update would be nice on progress, battery life is an issue which isn't so easy logistically to fix ATM.

Guest rasta666

Will it be much longer, living with bad battery life.

I flashed LG stock 20L and the 4 radio patches and all was good but now I'm back on GR4 (which hangs) and I didn't flash the matching Radio because I thought... live with half day battery as GR5 is out soon. So should I flash back to radio for 20L or hang on when all I'll need to do is flash GR5. An update would be nice on progress, battery life is an issue which isn't so easy logistically to fix ATM.

Since You are already on the new (4 files) baseband and GR4,just flash the new ril from 20L. I am on that setup and it works great, good battery, no data issue, no FD bug.

And dont forget to recalibrate battery :)

Edited by rasta666

Paul, I know that Nexus Prime must be very interesting device, but please don't forget us... :)

Well, with all the bugs with stock 20L, whether or not cause by the baseband, or caused by the baseband in combination with the ROM, it's understandable that it will take Paul quite some time to sort it all out and try to fix as much as possible. So, he should take all the time he needs to assure it's a good and stable ROM with as less bugs as possible.

So, let's just say.... today? ;-)

Guest MrOtacon

Well, with all the bugs with stock 20L, whether or not cause by the baseband, or caused by the baseband in combination with the ROM, it's understandable that it will take Paul quite some time to sort it all out and try to fix as much as possible. So, he should take all the time he needs to assure it's a good and stable ROM with as less bugs as possible.

So, let's just say.... today? ;-)

Lol

Yep - your 100% right on that. Its exactly what happened with LGs "Slave-Force!".

They were pressured and pressured for release, and look at what they supplied us with

Rushed out, and still buggy. The only thing that pushed it out was the supposed confirmed community rumor that ICS wasn't coming to the O2X. After that we get a release and statement saying we will get ICS.

Please Paul - FR19 was fantastic. Take as much time as you need to for this Rom. Im sure it'll be better for it :D