dbbloke

dbbloke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Doing things, working things out, Reading
  • Devices:Huawei G300. ZTE Skate. LGP990
Will it be much longer, living with bad battery life.

I flashed LG stock 20L and the 4 radio patches and all was good but now I'm back on GR4 (which hangs) and I didn't flash the matching Radio because I thought... live with half day battery as GR5 is out soon. So should I flash back to radio for 20L or hang on when all I'll need to do is flash GR5. An update would be nice on progress, battery life is an issue which isn't so easy logistically to fix ATM.

rasta666

rasta666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle, snowboard
  • Devices:LG P990-Optimus 2x

Will it be much longer, living with bad battery life.

I flashed LG stock 20L and the 4 radio patches and all was good but now I'm back on GR4 (which hangs) and I didn't flash the matching Radio because I thought... live with half day battery as GR5 is out soon. So should I flash back to radio for 20L or hang on when all I'll need to do is flash GR5. An update would be nice on progress, battery life is an issue which isn't so easy logistically to fix ATM.

Since You are already on the new (4 files) baseband and GR4,just flash the new ril from 20L. I am on that setup and it works great, good battery, no data issue, no FD bug.
And dont forget to recalibrate battery :)

Edited by rasta666, 08 November 2011 - 10:30 PM.

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

HAL_9000

HAL_9000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Paul, I know that Nexus Prime must be very interesting device, but please don't forget us... :)

Posted Image

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, Lumia 800

Paul, I know that Nexus Prime must be very interesting device, but please don't forget us... :)

Well, with all the bugs with stock 20L, whether or not cause by the baseband, or caused by the baseband in combination with the ROM, it's understandable that it will take Paul quite some time to sort it all out and try to fix as much as possible. So, he should take all the time he needs to assure it's a good and stable ROM with as less bugs as possible.
So, let's just say.... today? ;-)

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Well, with all the bugs with stock 20L, whether or not cause by the baseband, or caused by the baseband in combination with the ROM, it's understandable that it will take Paul quite some time to sort it all out and try to fix as much as possible. So, he should take all the time he needs to assure it's a good and stable ROM with as less bugs as possible.
So, let's just say.... today? ;-)

Lol

Yep - your 100% right on that. Its exactly what happened with LGs "Slave-Force!".
They were pressured and pressured for release, and look at what they supplied us with
Rushed out, and still buggy. The only thing that pushed it out was the supposed confirmed community rumor that ICS wasn't coming to the O2X. After that we get a release and statement saying we will get ICS.

Please Paul - FR19 was fantastic. Take as much time as you need to for this Rom. Im sure it'll be better for it :D

Madsen Felipe

Madsen Felipe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@madsenfelipe
So...

Motorola V360 > Z3 > Treo 650 > HP IpaQ > Palm Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Xperia X1 > Samsung Omnia > Samsung Galaxy i7500 [bricked] > HTC HD2 T-Mobile > Milestone 2 > Xperia X10

LG Optimus 2x P990h

* MicroSD 16Gb Samsung Class 4

aaww

aaww

InfoSec Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:- Information Security
    - Android
    - Wild life
    - Adrenalin
  • Devices:Xperia Z2 / Nexus4
  • Twitter:@AlbertAltman
I am looking forward to see the improvements on the new GR5. so far gr4 takes too much ram. double from the FR19 !
I have around 80mb of free ram after first boot :(

spridget

spridget

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
can't stand the waiting ... :o :D :(

c.joenie

c.joenie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:lg speed x2, Samsung Spica
Do you have any news for us paul :)?

dieheart

dieheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
FR19 was a fantastic ROM, I want to stay with FR19,
but after LG officially launch GingerBread..GR4(currently) is a big temptation, coz paul said GR5 is (nearly) comes out, I'll be patient with Froyo to wait your GR5..

cant wait for next week, I hope before sunday Paul will give us good news..;)

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, Lumia 800

FR19 was a fantastic ROM, I want to stay with FR19,
but after LG officially launch GingerBread..GR4(currently) is a big temptation, coz paul said GR5 is (nearly) comes out, I'll be patient with Froyo to wait your GR5..

cant wait for next week, I hope before sunday Paul will give us good news..;)

Well, he's always faster than LG was with shipping their Gingerbread :)
That really took forever.

Dzhedaj

Dzhedaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

I am looking forward to see the improvements on the new GR5. so far gr4 takes too much ram. double from the FR19 !
I have around 80mb of free ram after first boot :(

That is very strange, as I have GR4 + HP SR1 kernel and I get 180-200Mb free RAM after booting and it doesn't get worse with time and application usage...

aaww

aaww

InfoSec Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:- Information Security
    - Android
    - Wild life
    - Adrenalin
  • Devices:Xperia Z2 / Nexus4
  • Twitter:@AlbertAltman

That is very strange, as I have GR4 + HP SR1 kernel and I get 180-200Mb free RAM after booting and it doesn't get worse with time and application usage...

Seems like the total of 252 apps I have may have something to do with it. (System+92 user apps).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users