• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

isitafox

isitafox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Well I flashed this when it was first released but got rid after about 2 weeks as I was sick of all the bugs with the wifi and phone signal coming and going, the crashes that occured everytime I shut down QQ player and a few other annoyances and ran the stock rom. Thought I'd give it a go again this morning and followed Azurrens install method in the hope it would perform better but it's even worse than last time. I've had about 5 or 6 times since it installed at 1pm today where it's turned off without me knowing, random crashes in apps rebooting the phone and generally being slow and unresponsive. Think I'll be making a return to the stock 2.2.2 when I get home from work tonight!

mrmrmrmr

mrmrmrmr

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Devices:htc tytn
does anyone have any success with GTA3 ?
should I try chainfire ?

isitafox

isitafox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I've got it and it's slower on this than on the stock rom! Unplayable on both however.

Rudeboy5412

Rudeboy5412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well I flashed this when it was first released but got rid after about 2 weeks as I was sick of all the bugs with the wifi and phone signal coming and going, the crashes that occured everytime I shut down QQ player and a few other annoyances and ran the stock rom. Thought I'd give it a go again this morning and followed Azurrens install method in the hope it would perform better but it's even worse than last time. I've had about 5 or 6 times since it installed at 1pm today where it's turned off without me knowing, random crashes in apps rebooting the phone and generally being slow and unresponsive. Think I'll be making a return to the stock 2.2.2 when I get home from work tonight!

I feel your pain....I had felt that way for a long time....tried everything....until.

1: Flashed Olleh Rom...factory reset, first boot etc

2: Flashed DSC 0.6 over Olleh.....factory reset

3: Flashed DSC v0.63b update....factory reset

4: Flashed GX 1 kernell over that.....factory reset

5: Flashed GX 1.0.3.1 kernell over that....reboot

6. Flashed GX 1.0.3.5 kernell over that....reboot

All in that order...they are incremental updates, all can be found on XDA, with full explaination, the GX kernell is the killer, it smooths everything out and speeds it up.

I am running my streak with Set CPU at min 499 and max 1190400 Ondemand

Auto killer mem optomiser....Aggressive

CF Bench score of 5144, 1844,3164

Plays all my games effortlessly and runs the other apps very well, the best experience that I have had on the streak 5.

Edited by Rudeboy5412, 20 December 2011 - 08:00 AM.

vanemburghj

vanemburghj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I feel your pain....I had felt that way for a long time....tried everything....until.

1: Flashed Olleh Rom...factory reset, first boot etc

2: Flashed DSC 0.6 over Olleh.....factory reset

3: Flashed DSC v0.63b update....factory reset

4: Flashed GX 1 kernell over that.....factory reset

5: Flashed GX 1.0.3.1 kernell over that....reboot

6. Flashed GX 1.0.3.5 kernell over that....reboot

All in that order...they are incremental updates, all can be found on XDA, with full explaination, the GX kernell is the killer, it smooths everything out and speeds it up.

I am running my streak with Set CPU at min 499 and max 1190400 Ondemand

Auto killer mem optomiser....Aggressive

CF Bench score of 5144, 1844,3164

Plays all my games effortlessly and runs the other apps very well, the best experience that I have had on the streak 5.

Rudeboy which version of Olleh 4.05 or 4.06? If 4.06 where did you get a copy, thought it was pulled after some issues with super bricking. Tried what was offered on XDA by DSC folks but all three versions where 4.05.

Rudeboy5412

Rudeboy5412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Rudeboy which version of Olleh 4.05 or 4.06? If 4.06 where did you get a copy, thought it was pulled after some issues with super bricking. Tried what was offered on XDA by DSC folks but all three versions where 4.05.

see thread......[ROM] [INTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b on xda, http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1314898 ...............read down initial post and you will see link for Olleh 406....AND....the RECOVERY for 406.

I was using the olleh 406 rom rooted with superuser for 2 weeks, very stable no SOD, needed the extra oomph of DSC and GX kernal.

Read the ......[ROM] [INTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b thread and the GX kernal thread and you will see.

PS The olleh is 406, DSC is based on Olleh, if you factory reset olleh and flash the DSC straight over the top it comes up as GAUSB1A140614-EU

I think the GX kernell is based on 405 but my phone is telling me that it is on 406.

Edited by Rudeboy5412, 20 December 2011 - 01:04 PM.

vanemburghj

vanemburghj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

see thread......[ROM] [INTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b on xda, http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1314898 ...............read down initial post and you will see link for Olleh 406....AND....the RECOVERY for 406.

I was using the olleh 406 rom rooted with superuser for 2 weeks, very stable no SOD, needed the extra oomph of DSC and GX kernal.

Read the ......[ROM] [INTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b thread and the GX kernal thread and you will see.

PS The olleh is 406, DSC is based on Olleh, if you factory reset olleh and flash the DSC straight over the top it comes up as GAUSB1A140614-EU

I think the GX kernell is based on 405 but my phone is telling me that it is on 406.

Rudeboy, Cool will give it a try, was running DSC with GX on top with 405 and was not quite right, let's see if getting 406 on my Streak fixes it. Thanks for the assist.

jaw2floor

jaw2floor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Urrgh I don't like DCS it has a really tack theme :S

mrmrmrmr

mrmrmrmr

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Devices:htc tytn
Does chainfire have any advantage on Dell streak ?
I mean if I use it , would it make any better performance with GTA3 ?

btw, ver 1.1 of GTA3 was released with more device and cpu support. Should I try that on Streak ?

Spencershaun

Spencershaun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Messing around with gadgets. bit dyslexic so please bare with me, :-) f1,tropical fish,Fishing lol and playing on my ps3 add me if u want elsey1983 just say ur from modaco
  • Devices:"DJ" streak GingerStreak 2.4.4
  • Twitter:@elsey1983
Ok this is weird my dj streak has been running fine ever since I tested all of the release for the DJ until now. It keeps rebooting over and over again I made a back up but it said file not found :-( so I did a factory reset everything is ok @ the moment anybody had this issue if so is there a FIX ;-)

Black dell streak<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Cwm V0 .3.2.6 beta<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Dell Streak with Froy<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">DJ Steve's 1.9.0<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">DJ Steve's 2.3.3<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">MIUI Streak 2.3.23 <br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Motorola Xoom Stock<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">OtterBox Commuter<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">PS3<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Posted Image

El_Diablo666

El_Diablo666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Ok this is weird my dj streak has been running fine ever since I tested all of the release for the DJ until now. It keeps rebooting over and over again I made a back up but it said file not found :-( so I did a factory reset everything is ok @ the moment anybody had this issue if so is there a FIX ;-)

I have the exact same reboot issue, take a look here : http://android.modac...23#entry1869423, read from Post #22

Spencershaun

Spencershaun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Messing around with gadgets. bit dyslexic so please bare with me, :-) f1,tropical fish,Fishing lol and playing on my ps3 add me if u want elsey1983 just say ur from modaco
  • Devices:"DJ" streak GingerStreak 2.4.4
  • Twitter:@elsey1983
Cheers for that info but I did all that when I've been testing DJ beta's his latest Rom has been running fine for a month or longer but last nite it just hit a reboot cycle and it just wouldn't stop. I cleaned cache wipped battery stats then did a DELL FACTORY reset and its all ok now fingers crossed I always got told never to use factory reset in CWM ;-)

Black dell streak<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Cwm V0 .3.2.6 beta<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Dell Streak with Froy<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">DJ Steve's 1.9.0<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">DJ Steve's 2.3.3<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">MIUI Streak 2.3.23 <br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Motorola Xoom Stock<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">OtterBox Commuter<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">PS3<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">Posted Image

jaw2floor

jaw2floor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Twitter:@Azurren

I JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR

http://www.engadget....ontinued-strea/

What did you think all the recent GingerBread roms were based on? :P
Including StreakDroid

Nothing of note has been changed in this release :(

jaw2floor

jaw2floor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

What did you think all the recent GingerBread roms were based on? :P
Including StreakDroid

Nothing of note has been changed in this release :(

Pff got there before I was about to edit my post.

Sounded too good to be true

(I was especting it for region 00)

Edited by jaw2floor, 22 December 2011 - 01:23 PM.

Max shaw

Max shaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:dell streak 5
Gingerstreak is'nt that great when it comes to graphics ...Bad battery icon and signal all on top poor quality, sorry to say if just me with this problem :( .!!!!!!!!! current me please though selected Bios with "density180" and "Us180" on my dell streak .

jaw2floor

jaw2floor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Gingerstreak is'nt that great when it comes to graphics ...Bad battery icon and signal all on top poor quality, sorry to say if just me with this problem :( .!!!!!!!!! current me please though selected Bios with "density180" and "Us180" on my dell streak .

Take a screenshot and then upload it.

trhildebrand96

trhildebrand96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak (AT&T)
Hi, I just did a complete reset of my phone before updating to GingerStreak 2.4.4. (Factory Reset + Wipe Davlik + Clear Cache (StreakMod) + Clear User Data (StreakMod)). All is working well, but I am not getting nearly the battery life that other people are reporting. I checked my battery and it says 4200mv when fully charged, so that's not the problem, but it claims a charge of &gt;1% with 3368mv remaining. I think it's the batterystats.bin file that tells my Streak it's out of juice before it is. Could someone who's getting the insane battery life upload a batterystats.bin? If I could get battery life up, 2.4.4 would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think I may have deleted my baterystats.bin file from before the reset, but I might be able to pull it from a (very old) nandroid backup.

Edited by trhildebrand96, 23 December 2011 - 05:19 AM.

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Twitter:@Azurren

Look back through this thread. We have suggested some more complete roms and kernels to improve stability, speed and batterylife ;)

Dude_Virus

Dude_Virus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5 DSC
does anyone here uses an extended battery for the dell streak and has it been detected and reported properly,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users