a little tutorial for flashing, rooting, customization, etc.
1. flashing, rooting and where to get latest official (semi official) ROMs (thanks to intratech and chainfire @xda for their dedication)
2. some links for custom kernels Speedmod kernel by hardcore, Siyah unified kernel by gokhanmoral, these are the most stable kernels that i know of, speedmod is my fav.
3. some tools you need to play with CWM flashable zips, you can simply place your apks, ringtones and even kernels, modems into zip file or delete the files/apks that you don't need before you flash.
WinRAR it's what i use to modify flashable zips before flashing, it is a very handy tool. as simple as drag & drop.
7-zip it's also a very handy tool, simular to winrar. and it is the only tool that you can extract offcial ROMs made by intratech @xda
Samsung CDMA driver 64 bit (USB driver), it is for windows 64bit version and works on windows 7 very well as i'm using it almost everyday. download here
Odin 1.85, for flashing official ROM, it can only flash files in .tar format, if you are on windows 7 64bit, don't forget to run it as administrator (right click your mouse and click on "run as administrator), other wise it may not work properly. download here
4. how to make your own battery % over UOT kitchen:
it's actually as simple as 123 as long as you know what to do, please follow below steps.
1) download your prefered ROM zip file
2) open the zip file by using WinRAR
3) open system/ app and find systemUI.apk, drag it out to desktop
4) open system/ framwork and find framwork-res.apk, drag it out to desktop
5) go to UOT kitchen here and select battery
6) choose what ever the style you want then click generate preview for your pleasure
7) click file upload then select system file
8) you only need to upload framwork-res.apk and systemUI.apk, browse your files then upload
9) click summary then click submit work to kitchen
10) remember your pickup ID or just stay online and wait
11) after you downloaded the file, put it on the root of SDcard then reboot your phone to recovery and flash (it is recommanded to wipe dalvik and cache before flashing)