Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher

FWIW resetting the battery stats, pulling the battery for a couple of minutes, then giving it a full charge from AC has fixed the fuel_alerted wakelock issue. I'm now getting something causing a GPS wakelock, but that's almost certainly some application I've installed rather than an issue with the firmware as there was no sign of it previously, after killing all running apps it's now sleeping correctly, so I'll experiment and see what's causing it.

Edit: GPS doesn't work, there's a flashable fix over at http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1320

It's just a single replacement library file and it seems to fix it nicely.

Thanks Gary.

Thanks for the update about the GPS. I do not use GPS but will look at the fix.

Guest stevenz

Once the GPS is fixed, battery drain is back to the usual ~3%/hour that I was getting from the pre-ICS versions, so looks like drain is pretty stable in LP6 too. It lags a little bit now and then but generally seems to be very stable. I've still switched to Go Launcher as I like the app-drawer folders.

Guest Gary Crutcher

OK Modaco fans....

I updated XXLP6 with the 15-button quickpanel (thanks to [email protected]) and also fixed the CRT effect as it was causing the settings to be in tabular format making it difficult to read.

Am uploading now so please be patient. Will insert download links when uploading finishes.

Enjoy!

NOTE: ICS so far has been a real pain-in-the-ass to modify with some tools working and some not working. Hopefully brut.all (apktool) and others will get them properly working soon.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

For XXLPB QuickPanel - if you want a SystemUI.apk with only 5 quickpanel buttons instead of 6, let know.

The original from [email protected] has 6 buttons. I have changed my phone to have 5.

Will post a CWM version with only 5 buttons if people want it.

Guest HOOLIGAN

Looks great but I cant get loads of Apps to install. Comes up with cant be installed to phone or SD even though there is loads of space.

Any ideas?.

Thanks Gary.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Looks great but I cant get loads of Apps to install. Comes up with cant be installed to phone or SD even though there is loads of space.

Any ideas?.

Thanks Gary.

I have the same problem with some apps. It is a bug in the software.

I read somewhere about this on xda-developers.com in the Galaxy S II General forum.

Look for the post with that says XXLPB with videos,etc. Try this link:

XXLPB

Then do a search for sdcard. I think they said to unmount it, try to install apps, then remount it.

Don't remember as I re-installed most apps with Titanium Backup Pro.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Yes unmount Workshop fine :-)

Any Chance to gut Screenshot Feature live in the original GB Rom from SGS2?

If you mean taking a screenshot with the Menu+Power keys - it works in XXLPB - just tried it.

Otherwise not sure sure which Screenshot feature you mean.

Just want to say thanks for this ROM, just put it on, and once I got rid of the still horrendous TouchWiz crap (I used Nova Launcher) its been really good.

Bit of an issue with Wifi causing battery drain, but I'm not sure that's not just my settings at the moment.

Still not sure if Samsungs changes to dialer/contacts/sms and calendar are good or bad compared to stock though.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Just want to say thanks for this ROM, just put it on, and once I got rid of the still horrendous TouchWiz crap (I used Nova Launcher) its been really good.

Bit of an issue with Wifi causing battery drain, but I'm not sure that's not just my settings at the moment.

Still not sure if Samsungs changes to dialer/contacts/sms and calendar are good or bad compared to stock though.

Since it is still in Beta I would guess there are still issues with Market, Phone calls, Battery drain, etc.

Have been using XXLPB since I released it and I like it a lot even with its minor annoyances.

Check out xda-developers.com (XDA Themes & Apps) - maybe you can find replacement apps.

Guest Wovchik

If you mean taking a screenshot with the Menu+Power keys - it works in XXLPB - just tried it.

Otherwise not sure sure which Screenshot feature you mean.

Yes i man this one but it doesn't Work for me. Did you install something?

Edited by Wovchik

Hi Gary,

I'm checking out the XXLPB Rom.

Most things seems quite nice, but I have some weird stuff going on:

mikkle@MT-T420s:~$ adb shell

# cd /system/app

# ls

ls: can't open '.': Value too large for defined data type

# 

A similar problem shows when installing some apps (apps, that wants to install to sdcard):

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  pkg org.busywait.keepitsafe

W/PackageManager( 4364): verifying app can be installed or not

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  Checking PKG BL - true

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  Checking PERM BL - true

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  Checking SIG BL - true

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  Checking PKG WL - true

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled :  enabled truepkg : org.busywait.keepitsafe

W/ActivityManager( 4364): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-x.xxx

D/MountService( 4364):  :::: getSecureContainerList :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): asec list /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): CommandListener::AsecCmd::runCommand -> -- 

I/PackageHelper( 8154): Size of container 2 MB

D/MountService( 4364):  :::: createSecureContainer :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = smdl2tmp1, sizeMb = 2, fstype = fat, ownerUid = 10016

D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): asec create smdl2tmp1 2 fat {} 10016 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

D/Vold    ( 1818): VolumeManager::createAsec -> id(smdl2tmp1), numSectors(4096) fstype(fat)

E/Vold    ( 1818): Error loading mapping table (Permission denied)

E/Vold    ( 1818): ASEC device mapping failed (Permission denied)

E/PackageHelper( 8154): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1

W/Vold    ( 1818): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 13

E/DefContainer( 8154): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1

W/ActivityManager( 4364): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-x.xxx

D/PowerManagerService( 4364): onSensorChanged: light value: 1000

D/dalvikvm( 4364): GC_EXPLICIT freed 653K, 37% free 10870K/17027K, paused 7ms+9ms

D/Finsky  ( 7987): [325] 1.packageInstalled: Package install status for "null" is -18

Any ideas?

Another weird thing is that MyBackup Root insists that it does not get root access (SuperUser.apk does grant it, but it seems MyBackup doesn't realize it.) Dunno if that's ROM-related or MyBackup-related, so don't worry about it.

:-) Mikkel

BTW, I also had to restore APNs to get mobile data, thanks for the tip on HiAPN! :)

One thing I've got, and wondering if its just me, is the Software Update notification (I think Samsung's)

It fails to work when I accept and just wont go away...

One thing I've got, and wondering if its just me, is the Software Update notification (I think Samsung's)

It fails to work when I accept and just wont go away...

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

rm /system/app/fotaclient.apk

mount -o remount,ro /system

exit

exit

- That should remove the update note

Hi Gary,

I'm checking out the XXLPB Rom.

Most things seems quite nice, but I have some weird stuff going on:

# cd /system/app
# ls
#
[/code] A similar problem shows when installing some apps (apps, that wants to install to sdcard):
[code]

I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : pkg org.busywait.keepitsafe
W/PackageManager( 4364): verifying app can be installed or not
I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : Checking PKG BL - true
I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : Checking PERM BL - true
I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : Checking SIG BL - true
I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : Checking PKG WL - true
I/ApplicationPolicy( 4364): isApplicationInstallationEnabled : enabled truepkg : org.busywait.keepitsafe
D/MountService( 4364): :::: getSecureContainerList :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): asec list /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): CommandListener::AsecCmd::runCommand -> --
I/PackageHelper( 8154): Size of container 2 MB
D/MountService( 4364): :::: createSecureContainer :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = smdl2tmp1, sizeMb = 2, fstype = fat, ownerUid = 10016
D/VoldCmdListener( 1818): asec create smdl2tmp1 2 fat {} 10016 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
D/Vold ( 1818): VolumeManager::createAsec -> id(smdl2tmp1), numSectors(4096) fstype(fat)
E/Vold ( 1818): Error loading mapping table (Permission denied)
E/Vold ( 1818): ASEC device mapping failed (Permission denied)
E/PackageHelper( 8154): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1
W/Vold ( 1818): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 13
E/DefContainer( 8154): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1
D/PowerManagerService( 4364): onSensorChanged: light value: 1000
D/dalvikvm( 4364): GC_EXPLICIT freed 653K, 37% free 10870K/17027K, paused 7ms+9ms
D/Finsky ( 7987): [325] 1.packageInstalled: Package install status for "null" is -18

Any ideas?

Another weird thing is that MyBackup Root insists that it does not get root access (SuperUser.apk does grant it, but it seems MyBackup doesn't realize it.) Dunno if that's ROM-related or MyBackup-related, so don't worry about it.

:-) Mikkel

BTW, I also had to restore APNs to get mobile data, thanks for the tip on HiAPN! :)

Workaround unable to install on SD card error (Credits to dan96815)

1) Goto Settings --> Storage --> Scroll down and select Unmount SD card.

2) Accept the Application might be open dialog box and proceed.

3) Now try to install any apps that might have given errors previously and they should install correctly.

4) Remount SD card when needed.

Workaround unable to install on SD card error (Credits to dan96815)

1) Goto Settings --> Storage --> Scroll down and select Unmount SD card.

2) Accept the Application might be open dialog box and proceed.

3) Now try to install any apps that might have given errors previously and they should install correctly.

4) Remount SD card when needed.

Cheers!

Did sort of the same by having Titanium Backup force restore to internal storage.

Would like to see a proper fix, though :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

# cd /system/app

# ls

#

It's a bug in XXLPB. A work-around is:

ls /sdcard/*.*

ls /sdcard/*.png

etc.....

If you want the special characters removed (ansi codes for color monitors), type: export LS_COLORS="" then press enter

LS_COLORS should be all CAPS.