[6 Nov] GTalk w/Video

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

GTalk with Video is now available for XWKJ2 ROM ONLY.

I have not tried this on other ROMS.

Additionally, I cannot test whether this is working or not as I have no contacts to test it with.

Therefore, I need some testers to test this and make sure it works properly.

Note: You will have to re-log into your Google account as the GoogleFrameworkServices.apk gets replaced.

There are 2 files attached:

1 - GTalk-Video_CWM.zip which installs the GTalk with Video. Use CWM to install this.

2 - GTalk-uninstall-CWM.zip which uninstalls GTalk with Video. Use CWM to install this.

THIS IS ONLY FOR XWKJ2 ROM.

GTalk w/Video: GTalk-Video-CWM.zip

GTalk Uninstall: GTalk-uninstall-CWM.zip

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Hittori

Hi Gary!

Finally I could do a proper test with the Gtalk AV (been off battery all day long). Here are my test results:

1. If I call someone, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me, I don't even get the incoming call message, and the call gets cancelled, in the starting conversation window (the other user) you can see "Cibeles (me) cancelled call" after 2-3 secs, not even a chance to do anything else.

Hope this help

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary!

Finally I could do a proper test with the Gtalk AV (been off battery all day long). Here are my test results:

1. If I call someone, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me, I don't even get the incoming call message, and the call gets cancelled, in the starting conversation window (the other user) you can see "Cibeles (me) cancelled call" after 2-3 secs, not even a chance to do anything else.

Hope this help

Since I know very little about this app and am unable to test it, I have been doing some reading.

Q: Did you do the following? I just had to activate "accept audio and video" in menu.

Guest Cibeles

Hi Gary,

Yes, that is marked and whenever I'm called, video gets cancelled in 2-3 secs in the caller screen, I don't even get to see the notification, however, if I start the call, it all works fine.

Thanks for all your work!!

Amaya

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary,

Yes, that is marked and whenever I'm called, video gets cancelled in 2-3 secs in the caller screen, I don't even get to see the notification, however, if I start the call, it all works fine.

Thanks for all your work!!

Amaya

Try this version and see if it works better. I have it installed on my phone.

SGS_Talk2_AV_1_33.zip

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary,

ok, shall I run first your uninstall and then install tihs one, right?

Best,

Amaya

Just install the .zip file - no need to uninstall anything.

Use CWM to install.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Cibeles

Good evening, Gary,

same issue.

I'm trying to call me from gtalk on an iMac to my android and viceversa, the first one does not work, the second works fine.

I'm trying to get a friend to call me from his android to see if we still have the same issue.

Best,

Amaya

Guest Cibeles

Hi Gary,

last update on this software:

1. As said before, if I start the conversation, it all works fine

2. If someone calls me and I'm in home screen or the gmail contacts screen, I don't even get the incoming call notification, nothing, no way I know someone is trying to call me.

3. (this is the new one) If someone calls me and I'm in the chat room with that someone, then I get the notification and I can accept / decline the call and it all works.

A friend of mine who is using also your KJ3 ROM + first Gtalk file you've posted (same config than me) is having the exact same issue.

This is making the software pretty unusable as I can not receive calls unless I'm waiting for that person to call me.

Thanks again for all your time and help, this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Amaya

• 2 weeks later...