Acer official updgrade tool fails with insufficient memory (20mb required)

Guest sambartle

Guest sambartle

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on this..

I got a new LiquidMT recently, flashed it with the latest acer android image 4.000.07 using the official tool with the firmware from acer.co.uk, I then installed gingerounay and then DMD,.. which is working fine.

However if I now try to use the official Acer tool I get a message stating there isn't enough storage available and that it needs 20mb (I've got 98mb internal and 6gb sd).. this happens with both the 4.000.07 that worked before and also the 4.000.13.

I know I can flash using the SD card method.. but I'm curious as to why this is failing.. is this a known issue once you have a custom recovery and flashed ROM? Or Should it work?

Edited by sambartle

Perheps your sd card is corrupt, if youve got another one try to flash the orriginal tool with the other card in your phone.

Hope it works

Edited by SybNl

Yea, it does that sometimes when you have a custom rom installed, it has happened to me.

I think you're right. I tried doing it with quite a few custom ROM's and it never worked.

Guest sjaakiespeelman

I had this a day ago.. i think it was the same as i had,

what you should do

download the acer download tool

I took one of the bins from the gingerbread, i don't know why i din't tried this one : < thats the one youre looking for and

open tool as administrator, load the BIN file and you're good to go!

My problem now is that i took the GEN2 file :P so i can't upgrade to the newest version.. some one??

Guest sjaakiespeelman

I mean,

i think this is what you should do ;) or try :P XD

I had this a day ago.. i think it was the same as i had,

what you should do

http://android.modac...bin-collection/

download the acer download tool

I took one of the bins from the gingerbread, i don't know why i din't tried this one : http://android.modac...0013-emea-gen1/ < thats the one youre looking for and

open tool as administrator, load the BIN file and you're good to go!

My problem now is that i took the GEN2 file :P so i can't upgrade to the newest version.. some one??

Guest sjaakiespeelman

"My problem now is that i took the GEN2 file :P so i can't upgrade to the newest version" thats what i said my last post but i tried that in the "original way" < with acers software not with that bin file, i think i have it now, so thats solved.. :P

for you, just download acer donwload tool, load the bin file, en press "start" i think it'll work!

Goodluck

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Yea the ADT (edited version), will flash a GEN1 rom even if you have a GEN 2 currently installed.

I figured out yea! it's better to do with adt! that other stuff is just crap ;)

Guest edisson77

Often it is a problem with modified kernel (boot). When install official firmware 4.000.13, i had this problem - insufficient memory (20mb required).

I flashed original boot 4.000.7 (using RecoveryMT2.2), after official upgrade went without problems.

Edited by edisson77

Guest stonebear

Often it is a problem with modified kernel (boot). When install official firmware 4.000.13, i had this problem - insufficient memory (20mb required).

I flashed original boot 4.000.7 (using RecoveryMT2.2), after official upgrade went without problems.

How did you get the original boot please? Is there a way of getting it?