- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ever since v20e leak was out, im on Go Launcher. Therefore, any comment about relative power consumption between GB ROMs that i make, assumes Go Launcher as a constant

Thanks for that. Looks like that isn't the issue then. Im now using the baseband from the Thanatos 4.1 page and GR4, with HP RC8 (sp2 is out today / tomorrow) and 999 fixes, combined with the universal ext4 converter. Seems to be running ok now, which leads me to believe something was messed up between baseband and ril.
I will test this further, as it took a couple of hours for the problem to be apparent on GR4 and stock the last time I tried them.

On the *#*#4636#*#* phone information screen, data seems to connect properly all the time - I'm going to monitor logcat for the next few hours - see if anything crops up.

Edited by MrOtacon, 09 November 2011 - 12:57 PM.

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
im on thanatos 4.1, real battery killer but havent had a single cell drop, which is good news. had a couple of data drops though, one while typing on xda. i see that there's a single fls v20l bb, so ill try a fresh bb flash, v20L deodexed w stock kernel w different rils, lets see if that works.. if not maybe ill try ur recipe, sounds stable.

EDIT: 1st data drop managed to recover data connection from *#*#36... 2d time impossible

Edited by Ximo F. Verde, 10 November 2011 - 01:11 AM.

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, Lumia 800

im on thanatos 4.1, real battery killer but havent had a single cell drop, which is good news. had a couple of data drops though, one while typing on xda. i see that there's a single fls v20l bb, so ill try a fresh bb flash, v20L deodexed w stock kernel w different rils, lets see if that works.. if not maybe ill try ur recipe, sounds stable.

EDIT: 1st data drop managed to recover data connection from *#*#36... 2d time impossible

I installed Fr19 with baseband still at 0725 from 20L.
Gps works correctly and also the radio hadn't crashed this morning. So, I'll see how this goes the next few days. Too bad I don't have the new Gingerbread features, but stability is way more important to me.

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Ok just an update

Boot in CWM, wiped all, flashed backtoext3, wiped all again, flashed V20l deodexed-rooted, rebooted, set google acounts etc, booted in CWM, flash HP Performance Pack w SR2, rebooted and lets see how this goes..

LG Optimus 2X
stock v20l - rooted & deodexed by Paul
v20l BB (725)

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ok just an update

Boot in CWM, wiped all, flashed backtoext3, wiped all again, flashed V20l deodexed-rooted, rebooted, set google acounts etc, booted in CWM, flash HP Performance Pack w SR2, rebooted and lets see how this goes..

Im also anxious to see how that goes.
There is a little drain with 999switch, but hopefully that has been fixed with the V3 of performance pack. Spica states he has fixed the radio and wifi problems. Hopefully he has fixed the 999switch problems (like i say - slight drain and a problem with tones, not build.prop related)

Sod it - Might as well try it myself now actually...

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Im also anxious to see how that goes.
There is a little drain with 999switch, but hopefully that has been fixed with the V3 of performance pack. Spica states he has fixed the radio and wifi problems. Hopefully he has fixed the 999switch problems (like i say - slight drain and a problem with tones, not build.prop related)

Sod it - Might as well try it myself now actually...

If you find a stable gingerbread combo with little battery drain and no radio/wifigps issues, please let us know.

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

If you find a stable gingerbread combo with little battery drain and no radio/wifigps issues, please let us know.

I definitely plan to find the "Golden" combo :D

How have you gotten on with yours Ximo?

Here is Mine:

O2x Unbranded
Baseband: 20L posted in Thanatos Thread (first Post)
Rom: 20L Stock (rooted and Deox) posted on modaco by Paul
Network: Orange UK (iPhone 4 Mini UMTS Sim, in a simcard converter)

Wiped Data, cache and Dalvik
Converted back to EXT3
Wiped again - For the hell of it (all three)
Installed 20L stock
Rebooted - setup my google account after my wifi
Rebooted to CWM
Installed v3 performance pack
Rebooted, and left phone for 2 minutes after start screen had finished.

Report:

So far, its excellent. No other words describe it from my current experience (only been installed 3 hours)
Nice and fast, and seems stable.

Removed OnScreen Phone after noticing at the three hour mark it had used 44% of my overall usage stats, when I wasn't even using it. Procedure was APK, followed by 2 files from /system/bin and 2 files from /system/lib (to get rid of the "craptastic" Daemon)
Also, removed SNS. I'll use my own app to manage my twitter (WIP).
Probably will remove F-Secure.

No wifi problems, nor Radio problems currently. Have tested the reconnects every few minutes for half an hour or so on *#*#4636#*#* and phone information (causes a fast disconnect, and reconnects after 10-15 seconds)
Youtube works fine for me, as does market and Gmail.
Boot time is faster than Stock.
Launcher Pro seems very smooth (and LG widgets work with fine with AppWidgetPicker)

So far so good, and the GR5 Kitchen now appears to be up!
Thanks for that Paul, I'll subscribe and cook up some grub for myself next week. Gonna test out this Kernel a bit longer first :D

Is there a list of "safe" system apps that can be removed?

***UPDATE***

6 Hours so far - and only 3% battery. Much better so Far

Edited by MrOtacon, 11 November 2011 - 12:16 AM.

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I definitely plan to find the "Golden" combo :D

How have you gotten on with yours Ximo?

Here is Mine:

O2x Unbranded
Baseband: 20L posted in Thanatos Thread (first Post)
Rom: 20L Stock (rooted and Deox) posted on modaco by Paul
Network: Orange UK (iPhone 4 Mini UMTS Sim, in a simcard converter)

Wiped Data, cache and Dalvik
Converted back to EXT3
Wiped again - For the hell of it (all three)
Installed 20L stock
Rebooted - setup my google account after my wifi
Rebooted to CWM
Installed v3 performance pack
Rebooted, and left phone for 2 minutes after start screen had finished.

Report:

So far, its excellent. No other words describe it from my current experience (only been installed 3 hours)
Nice and fast, and seems stable.

Removed OnScreen Phone after noticing at the three hour mark it had used 44% of my overall usage stats, when I wasn't even using it. Procedure was APK, followed by 2 files from /system/bin and 2 files from /system/lib (to get rid of the "craptastic" Daemon)
Also, removed SNS. I'll use my own app to manage my twitter (WIP).
Probably will remove F-Secure.

No wifi problems, nor Radio problems currently. Have tested the reconnects every few minutes for half an hour or so on *#*#4636#*#* and phone information (causes a fast disconnect, and reconnects after 10-15 seconds)
Youtube works fine for me, as does market and Gmail.
Boot time is faster than Stock.
Launcher Pro seems very smooth (and LG widgets work with fine with AppWidgetPicker)

So far so good, and the GR5 Kitchen now appears to be up!
Thanks for that Paul, I'll subscribe and cook up some grub for myself next week. Gonna test out this Kernel a bit longer first :D

Is there a list of "safe" system apps that can be removed?

***UPDATE***

6 Hours so far - and only 3% battery. Much better so Far

Ok, here goes

On v20l deod-root atm, w BB still left from the kdz flash (after trying the stock v20l, moving to thanatos, moving to v20l deod-root) and the HP performance pack w SR2 (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1332449) . Have seen ur setup here and at xda. I have flashed things more or less the same way u did, w double wipes etc. I had great battery life (not as good as urs though) but no change in the radio/data issue. Had a couple of drops on both, once needed to reboot to fix it :( . From what i understand, the only difference between our setup, is that you flashed the single fls file (w smartflash i suppose) from thanatos page, isnt it? Ill try doing it this way today, but im starting to become a little pesimistic about it, to be honest

EDIT: Another crazy issue.. Connected on wifi and both market/browser says im offline!

Edited by Ximo F. Verde, 11 November 2011 - 11:13 AM.

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Ok, here goes

On v20l deod-root atm, w BB still left from the kdz flash (after trying the stock v20l, moving to thanatos, moving to v20l deod-root) and the HP performance pack w SR2 (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1332449) . Have seen ur setup here and at xda. I have flashed things more or less the same way u did, w double wipes etc. I had great battery life (not as good as urs though) but no change in the radio/data issue. Had a couple of drops on both, once needed to reboot to fix it :( . From what i understand, the only difference between our setup, is that you flashed the single fls file (w smartflash i suppose) from thanatos page, isnt it? Ill try doing it this way today, but im starting to become a little pesimistic about it, to be honest

EDIT: Another crazy issue.. Connected on wifi and both market/browser says im offline!

I still have the baseband from 20L KDZ flash, full wipe and install of custom baked gr4, then HP Kernal rc8r (only kernel).
So far, so good but to early to be 100% sure. I had radio drops 2-3 times a day and certainly every morning, but haven't had it in new setup but it might be a coincedence of course.
Gps does work, and the camera hang after recording seems fixed after HP kernel. Battery seems okay, it dropped 10% in 8 hours with 3G connected. That's what I normally have with all Roms and stock. Usually I also disable data at night since I don't need it then.
Also, everything I really fast, wifi turns on really fast so I really hope this is the golden combo, but too early to tell.

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I still have the baseband from 20L KDZ flash, full wipe and install of custom baked gr4, then HP Kernal rc8r (only kernel).
So far, so good but to early to be 100% sure. I had radio drops 2-3 times a day and certainly every morning, but haven't had it in new setup but it might be a coincedence of course.
Gps does work, and the camera hang after recording seems fixed after HP kernel. Battery seems okay, it dropped 10% in 8 hours with 3G connected. That's what I normally have with all Roms and stock. Usually I also disable data at night since I don't need it then.
Also, everything I really fast, wifi turns on really fast so I really hope this is the golden combo, but too early to tell.

It looks that different users w different setups manage to solve the issue.. Dont know what to think really

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
@MrOtacon

I just flashed an identical setup as urs (based on ur description a couple of posts b4) lets see how this goes

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

@MrOtacon

I just flashed an identical setup as urs (based on ur description a couple of posts b4) lets see how this goes

Having the super-slow market issue again, that was resolved on earlier setups..

EDIT: Paul just released backtoext3 r2 mentioning that the new version also converts cache partition(!). Does this mean that up until now we were only reverting data n system to ext3 but not cache? (have already asked him) I just finished reflashing/reconverting, took me like 1.5h and 5' after i was done, Paul released this! Nice f*****n timing (on my behalf - not blaming Paul of course)!!

Edited by Ximo F. Verde, 11 November 2011 - 02:36 PM.

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Having the super-slow market issue again, that was resolved on earlier setups..

EDIT: Paul just released backtoext3 r2 mentioning that the new version also converts cache partition(!). Does this mean that up until now we were only reverting data n system to ext3 but not cache? (have already asked him) I just finished reflashing/reconverting, took me like 1.5h and 5' after i was done, Paul released this! Nice f*****n timing (on my behalf - not blaming Paul of course)!!

Battery lasted 27 hours before I had to charge it.
Basically with my baseband I have done the following: KDZ - Battery Drain, 4 Files - Battery Drain, single file from than + than rom - battery drain, left baseband, and went to gr4 - fine!
Its very strange I know.
I'm a little worried about flashing another rom just in case it screws this (hope the nandroid will actually restore it to this working if it goes wrong - Lol)

Gonna leave GR5 a few more days i think

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Well, my build is still stable as well. No problems.
Only thing that did show up again, was the 'performance after a few days' problem, which means that after being on for a day or so, everything with sound/video (youtube, games, skype but not calling or navigation) starts to get audio hickups and microfreezes. I've always had this and a reboot fixes is normally.
So, this showed up now as well, HOWEVER there might be some better kind of garbage collection active now, because after 30 seconds of microfreezes, Youtube played smoothly again. On other roms with this bug, it never fixed itself like this and a reboot was always required.
But I've had this issue since I got the phone in May, so this I can live with. I dont't usually watch youtube or play games on my phone anyway.

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
aye man. don't worry about restarting. there was a memory leak in group scheduler which sp fixed with his kernel. happened every hundred hours or so. now just leave the phone a few minutes and it will be fine again :)

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

aye man. don't worry about restarting. there was a memory leak in group scheduler which sp fixed with his kernel. happened every hundred hours or so. now just leave the phone a few minutes and it will be fine again :)

My issue is always much earlier: after 24-36 hours. Fr19 did not have this issue, and also Fr19 felt much faster than Gr4 with/without HP kernal rc8r.
On day 1 the issue resolved itself about 30 seconsds into the youtube clip. On day 2 it didn't and it was worse, unwatchable.
Hoewever, playing the same clip through Dolphin browser went fine.... On stock 10c/d and 20l this also failed. I guess this phone will never work 100% perfectly.

But well, fr19 doesn't have some gingerbread api's like frontcam.
Well, at least my phone seems stable (no crashing radio, working gps, no bsod, camera ok) so everything else is just a bonus and rebooting every night isn't that bad. Now, can you recommend a nice reboot program that reboots my phone at a specific time?

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ahh ok buddy.

Erm, Yeah - the one i used to use.
If you search in marketplace for "Script Manager". It lets you run bash scripts easily, and has a built in Scheduler (sort of like a visual crontab).

create a script inside Script manager with only the following in it (call it whatever you like):

#!/system/bin/sh
reboot

The choose menu, advanced options -> scheduler.
Setup the required time for it to run.

After that - is done, long tap on your script in the list and select config. Select the following options:

Run as Root
Is Script

DO NOT SELECT "Run at Boot", unless you wanna make your own bootloop :D
After that - fully back out and your done, the phone will reboot at the time you need it to.

There is another script you can use to simply fully restart the gui subsystem instead of fully rebooting the phone. it will be a lot faster than rebooting, but I dont know if it clears the group scheduler out. You can give it a shot if you like.

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c ‘pkill -TERM -f system_server’

Exactly the same thing to do with that. Please Only one script or the other. Dont use both at the same time.
Create that second script. Don't schedule it - then next time phone goes "boggy" - go into script manager and run it. See if it fixed it - if not - just do a plain old reboot, and schedule that :D

Edited by MrOtacon, 13 November 2011 - 12:16 PM.

vrowdy

vrowdy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for your help, however that second command did do a full reboot, not only the GUI.
Did you perhaps mean some other command instead?

Ahh ok buddy.

Erm, Yeah - the one i used to use.
If you search in marketplace for "Script Manager". It lets you run bash scripts easily, and has a built in Scheduler (sort of like a visual crontab).

create a script inside Script manager with only the following in it (call it whatever you like):

The choose menu, advanced options -> scheduler.
Setup the required time for it to run.

After that - is done, long tap on your script in the list and select config. Select the following options:

DO NOT SELECT "Run at Boot", unless you wanna make your own bootloop :D
After that - fully back out and your done, the phone will reboot at the time you need it to.

There is another script you can use to simply fully restart the gui subsystem instead of fully rebooting the phone. it will be a lot faster than rebooting, but I dont know if it clears the group scheduler out. You can give it a shot if you like.

Exactly the same thing to do with that. Please Only one script or the other. Dont use both at the same time.
Create that second script. Don't schedule it - then next time phone goes "boggy" - go into script manager and run it. See if it fixed it - if not - just do a plain old reboot, and schedule that :D

MrOtacon

MrOtacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Don't worry
It looks like a full reboot - but it *should* be slightly faster than a full powercycle.

g6hoq

g6hoq

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Asus eee Pad / LG Optimus X2
  • Twitter:@g6hoq
Slight off-topic
Just concerned my phones battery has grown in capacity!
Now at 18hrs 55mins with 100% remaining
used so far
Cell Standby 33%, Wi-Fi 35%, Phone Idle 33%

Doing the math, thats -1% remaining

and its still on..... amazing

Guess I need to re-calibrate the battery (not sure how but guess Google will tell me)

Go Stock V20L

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users