Nook Touch announced, Nook Color price drop

Guest Karucifer

Guest Karucifer

Last night Barnes and Noble announced the successor to the Nook Colour, one of the most underrated budget tablets of the year.

This new 7" 'Vivid View' IPS tablet is aimed directly at the Kindle Fire and the presentation said as much. B&N were keen to point out that while both devices pack a 1Ghz dual core CPU, their new tablet has 1GB RAM and 16GB flash - double that of the Fire and unlike the Amazon unit doesn't look like a Playbook clone :lol:

Much like the old tablet you're not going to find Android Market or anything like that, the device features another customised launcher and curated app store content plus the Nook eReader app with access to 2.5 million titles. Netflix and Hulu are both installed and B&N reckon you'll get 9 hours of video playback on a single charge.

Making use of their 700 brick-and-mortar retail stores, B&N are going to be offering free walk-in support, which will be tricky for Amazon to compete with considering their model.

The new tablet is going to retail for $249, the price of the original Nook Color, which in turn is now down to $199.

Personally I really like the Color, rooted and re-flashed it's a cracking little 7", fingers crossed the new device will be as easily 'customised' ;)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest aleckxander

The question is, which will be supported by modaco, the Nook or the Fire? :P

seriously even if the nook has some better specs i don't see why i should choose it when i have the kindle fire or the archos g9 80 as options..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.