Video Recording and Navigation Possible AT THE SAME TIME????

Guest seraphim2017

Guest seraphim2017

OK, I've scoured the forums and searched but can't find if any smart bodger has been able to:

Allow video recording whilst at the same time using the Phone as a sat nav, so it can sit in the car giving directions and record video for when some total noddy hits you front on! (as they do!)

Is it possible on any android (or indeed other platform) to do this and if so, how? model specific or particular software etc??

PLEASE let me know! lol.

P.S if it's NOT possible, it should be!

(things I use my phone for so far)

Shaving mirror/Sat Nav/Internet/Camera/Video/MP3 Player/Watching Movies/Playing Games/childs toy/memory storage/document editing.....

• 2 years later...
Guest lenrok258

Android does not allow to record video without showing preview to the user. If it discover that preview is not visible (for example you have clicked home button) recording will stop.

Fortunately there is a way to overcome this. 

I've published app which can do that: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lofatsoftware.hvc

You just click on application icon and record starts in background. You can use your phone while recording (for example using GPS navigation). To stop recording click on application once again.

I hope it will work out well for you.