IF YOU UNLOCKED BEFORE THE MAC ADDRESS FIX GO HERE
All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here and also to John W who figured out how to save the WiFi MAC address.
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY WHEN UNLOCKING.
YOU SHOULD INSTALL THESE DRIVERS FIRST - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L. If they don't work then try the drivers on the Superboot thread.
- Google "QPST 2.7 Build 366". Click the first link and download the file beside "QPST 2.7 Build 366" and install it.
- Download this file and unzip it.
- Connect your phone to your computer and make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on
- Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
- Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable
- Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
- You installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "Software Download" which was installed by QPST.
- Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file
- If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone
- Click Start on the utility
- Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before proceeding - if not try the previous steps again
- Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
- If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
- Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
- Go back to the "Software Download" utility.and click "Restore". Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
- Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
- OPTIONAL – Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.
- Go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod