Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest pankajantani

This Defenitely works and i was able to get my phone OMC unlocked. the instructions are simple to follow and accurate. MAC address remains the same. my phone is working like new :).

Thanks to to all the cool dudes who took the pain in putting this together and cracking the code. God bless you all and may you good work keep flowing.

:D

Regards

Pankaj

Guest pankajantani

managed to unlock my OMC and connect with my Vodafone sim but i dont get any internet (2g/3g)?

Dude did you take the backup of the phone? if you have restore it and you will get it working. I did it a couple of hours back and did not come across any issues.

Guest pankajantani

Preparing to Unlock OMC.

Just to be clear. The steps mention removing the battery in Step.5 and only in Step.16 is the battery put back.

Q1. Does this mean that in between the phone is just connected to PC via USB with no battery installed ?

Q2. Do you go through steps with the SIM Card removed until Step.16 ?

5. Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable

16. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!

Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable ( Do as it is mentioned)<LI>Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone. ( Only USB no battery)<LI>You installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "Software Download" which was installed by QPST.<LI>Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file (In my case the backup will not proceed as the phone will reboot, for some reason the usb was getting disconnected I put the battery and the backup went fine)

After the backup i took the battery out.

Regards

Pankaj

Dude did you take the backup of the phone? if you have restore it and you will get it working. I did it a couple of hours back and did not come across any issues.

seems the OMC function for 3G is 'Data Enabled/Enable always-on mobile data' wheras it's just 'Mobile Network' on my HTC

confused dot com but it's all working now, thank yall

Edited by johnyc

Guest John Rennie

I've unlocked my new Monte Carlo, and it went perfectly. Thanks :-)

However I've just noticed that when I use the camera the pictures have a purple cast. I didn't try the camera before unlocking so

I don't know if it was faulty when I bought it or if this is something the unlock has done. I don't really care since I've never used a phone camera, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen this.

JR

If anyone is interested, I put Elitemovil's stock rom on my Monte Carlo and this fixed the problem with the camera, so it does look as if the problem is caused by the unlck procedure.

JR

Guest VJWilson

So tuesday i got my monte carlo and saw it could be unlocked for free.

So I ttried it to get problems so i stopped and turned off debugging got about as far as the part were you have to click start to unlock your phone.

This monring I went on unlocked it not having clicked debugging on and now I have been stuck on an endless Boot loop x.x

I have tried factory reset to no avail.

It has been going since 2 this afternoon and still is at it.

I cannot turn my phone off unless i remove the battery.

HELP ;o;

Guest Coffer52

Dibbles, you are a bloody godsend, for the those who have been following my boring trials and tribulations with the drivers got to here dibbles post 44 I removed all the drivers and just followed this (very simple it seems now) instruction and bingo, connected unlocked, CWM and new ROM in 25 mins!! God I've aged 20 years in the last three days! Thanks all for your help and have a Merry Christmas, I'm off to get drunk!!

Guest dibbles

Dibbles, you are a bloody godsend, for the those who have been following my boring trials and tribulations with the drivers got to here dibbles post 44 I removed all the drivers and just followed this (very simple it seems now) instruction and bingo, connected unlocked, CWM and new ROM in 25 mins!! God I've aged 20 years in the last three days! Thanks all for your help and have a Merry Christmas, I'm off to get drunk!!

:D

Merry Christmas to you as well and enjoy your phone.!

Guest kazoooo

Got my first Android phone yesterday. Unlocked it Today ... wot a rush

So I followed instructions and haven't a clue what happened to the device.

- The prepare method changed my recovery partition fully or partially to allow the qualcomm stuff to run?

- What was the file I backed up and restored using the qualcomm stuff?

- The unlock process seemed like a ROM change cos my homescreen wasn't the same as the original orange and this one seems to support more languages?

- Will my unlock stay with ROM changes?

Off topic is ICS coming to the device or is the device too slow?

Merry Crimbo Everyone smile.gif

Guest Taurus777

Hi all!

Thanks to everyone who worked on this guide!

Unlocked phone with no problems.

If anyone can help: install a Setttings - Language & Keyboard - Android keyboard - INPUT languages ​​- other languages ​​I (Russian, Ukrainian), but I can not switch to them when using the keyboard.

I guess it's because is set to "TX9 text input"

Edited by Taurus777

Guest Atomix86
Got my first Android phone yesterday. Unlocked it Today ... wot a rush

So I followed instructions and haven't a clue what happened to the device.

- The prepare method changed my recovery partition fully or partially to allow the qualcomm stuff to run?

- What was the file I backed up and restored using the qualcomm stuff?

- The unlock process seemed like a ROM change cos my homescreen wasn't the same as the original orange and this one seems to support more languages?

- Will my unlock stay with ROM changes?

Off topic is ICS coming to the device or is the device too slow?

Merry Crimbo Everyone

Preparation shouldn't have changed any partitions. As for not being the normal orange screen, are you sure you haven't flashed a different rom altogether? As for ICS, yes it's being ported on this very forum but is probably not a good daily driver yet.

Guest MadeInMachines

What is USB debugging and how do I turn it on? Is it a PC thing or is the option on the phone itself?

What ROM should I choose? I just want my phone unlocked but other than that the same as it was to begin with

Thanks

Edited by MadeInMachines

Guest Atomix86
What is USB debugging and how do I turn it on? Is it a PC thing or is the option on the phone itself?

What ROM should I choose? I just want my phone unlocked but other than that the same as it was to begin with

Thanks

USB debugging is an option on the phone itself under settings -> applications -> development.

Guest luciusp

Have you put in the right apn in

Anyone help me with my problem

I have tried to start the unlock but in qpst software download it says no phone found

I also get error pop ups when opening the qpst

This +1. I have flashed stock recovery but when I open the QPST software download an error message appears "Could not connect to the *username* Atlas Server. HR=0x800702e4"

QPST then fails to detect the phone. I tried installing qpst on a different computer and the same thing happened.

This +1. I have flashed stock recovery but when I open the QPST software download an error message appears "Could not connect to the *username* Atlas Server. HR=0x800702e4"

QPST then fails to detect the phone. I tried installing qpst on a different computer and the same thing happened.

Same here - the port driver is loaded as "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) COM4" which differs from the screenshot shown on this thread:

http://www.todoleo.c...-carlo-zte.html

I have removed/deleted/re-scanned for the driver and still get the same error message..

Thanks

Gavin

Guest secretman_z

So you want to unlock your OMC/Skate? You’ve come to the right place!

IF YOU UNLOCKED BEFORE THE MAC ADDRESS FIX GO HERE

All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here and also to John W who figured out how to save the WiFi MAC address.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY WHEN UNLOCKING.

YOU SHOULD INSTALL THESE DRIVERS FIRST - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L. If they don't work then try the drivers on the Superboot thread.

1. Google "QPST 2.7 Build 366". Click the first link and download the file beside "QPST 2.7 Build 366" and install it.
  2. Download this file and unzip it.
  3. Connect your phone to your computer and make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on
  4. Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
  5. Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable
  6. Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
  7. You installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "Software Download" which was installed by QPST.
  8. Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file
  9. If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone
  10. Click Start on the utility
  11. Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before proceeding - if not try the previous steps again
  12. Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  13. If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
  14. Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
  15. Go back to the "Software Download" utility.and click "Restore". Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  16. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
  17. OPTIONAL – Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.
  18. Go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod
You now have a fully working unlocked Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate!!

I donno how to thank , you made my day :)))) cheerz

It seems that QPST wasn't automatically detecting the driver for the port correctly.

If you can see the "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) COMxx" in the Windows Device Manager under Ports, then it is worth manually adding it to QPST.

Try clicking on Start, All Programs, QPST, QPST Configuration and then click on the Ports tab and then click on the Add New Port button in the bottom right-hand corner.

This will hopefully show the missing port which is added - close the QPST configuration applet and try running the Software Download applet again as per the instructions.

Thanks

Gavin

Guest luciusp

It seems that QPST wasn't automatically detecting the driver for the port correctly.

If you can see the "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) COMxx" in the Windows Device Manager under Ports, then it is worth manually adding it to QPST.

Try clicking on Start, All Programs, QPST, QPST Configuration and then click on the Ports tab and then click on the Add New Port button in the bottom right-hand corner.

This will hopefully show the missing port which is added - close the QPST configuration applet and try running the Software Download applet again as per the instructions.

Thanks

Gavin

I have done this already, and I just tried removing the port and adding it again. However, the same thing still occurs when I open Software Download: An error message and no phone detected.

Guest Cscratchy

Hi, Tried unlocking Orange Monte Carlo on Christmas evening could have been a mistake. Should have waited till the morning.

Was able to unlock it using the QPST method, then the wife wanted to get rid of the stock Orange Rom. Should have installed CW7, but thought I would be clever and attempted to change the rom using the original xiaoyaoswim method to install the ZTE Skate rom, but something went wrong.

I think I might have bricked the Monte Carlo, as now when I reboot the phone either goes into continuous rebooting or blank screen past the ZTE splash screen depending on which method I re-attempt.

After unlocking the phone I may have killed the NV info, as after using xiaoyaoswim method to install the ZTE Skate rom, I attempted to use the QPST software download app to recovery the NV info, which I forgot to assign a file to, default file on the QPST software download file was Dead000xxx.qcn.

Any ideas how I can unbrick this phone would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Cscratchy

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi, Tried unlocking Orange Monte Carlo on Christmas evening could have been a mistake. Should have waited till the morning.

Was able to unlock it using the QPST method, then the wife wanted to get rid of the stock Orange Rom. Should have installed CW7, but thought I would be clever and attempted to change the rom using the original xiaoyaoswim method to install the ZTE Skate rom, but something went wrong.

I think I might have bricked the Monte Carlo, as now when I reboot the phone either goes into continuous rebooting or blank screen past the ZTE splash screen depending on which method I re-attempt.

After unlocking the phone I may have killed the NV info, as after using xiaoyaoswim method to install the ZTE Skate rom, I attempted to use the QPST software download app to recovery the NV info, which I forgot to assign a file to, default file on the QPST software download file was Dead000xxx.qcn.

Any ideas how I can unbrick this phone would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Cscratchy

Hi Cscratchy,

Firstly don't worry. Your phone is probably not permanent bricked. I think your reboot loop problem might be due to mismatched version of boot and system partitions. (e.g. a v2.3.4 boot.img with a v2.3.5 system.img)

The method in my original thread is basicly the same here. However, since tilal6991 has made a simplified and comprehensive tutorial here, I haven't updated the steps of the QPST part to save the NVitems in my post. Actually you could use the FTM flash tool to change the ROM, but then you will have to restore the original QCN file everytime you run the FTM flasher, as that flash process will damage your NVitems.

You can get your original NV back by choosing to restore the earliest qcn file, which was backed up the first time you run QPST. After that you can install CWM recovery and then any custom ROM you like. Alternatively, If you want use an official ZTE stock ROM without Orange bloatware, I suggest you download GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip in the pinned thread here, and then extract the files into the files folder of FTM flash tool followed by running it to flash the ROM. REMEMER to restore the original qcn again after running the FTM flasher.

Guest Cscratchy

Hi Cscratchy,

Firstly don't worry. Your phone is probably not permanent bricked. I think your reboot loop problem might be due to mismatched version of boot and system partitions. (e.g. a v2.3.4 boot.img with a v2.3.5 system.img)

The method in my original thread is basicly the same here. However, since tilal6991 has made a simplified and comprehensive tutorial here, I haven't updated the steps of the QPST part to save the NVitems in my post. Actually you could use the FTM flash tool to change the ROM, but then you will have to restore the original QCN file everytime you run the FTM flasher, as that flash process will damage your NVitems.

You can get your original NV back by choosing to restore the earliest qcn file, which was backed up the first time you run QPST. After that you can install CWM recovery and then any custom ROM you like. Alternatively, If you want use an official ZTE stock ROM without Orange bloatware, I suggest you download GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip in the pinned thread here, and then extract the files into the files folder of FTM flash tool followed by running it to flash the ROM. REMEMER to restore the original qcn again after running the FTM flasher.

Thanks for responding so quickly xiaoyaoswim,

I don't have an original qcn file as I neglected to add a file name when backing up using QPST, I do have a copy of a qcn file from another Monte Carlo, but I don't know if that will work?

Regards,

Cscratchy

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks for responding so quickly xiaoyaoswim,

I don't have an original qcn file as I neglected to add a file name when backing up using QPST, I do have a copy of a qcn file from another Monte Carlo, but I don't know if that will work?

Regards,

Cscratchy

The file name of the qcn file doesn't matter, as long as you did back up one before running the FTM flasher we can use it to restore your NV. If I recall correctly the default file name is DEADD00D_0.qcn, try to select & restore it in QPST. You an always judge which qcn file is the very first one by comparing the modified time of qcn files.

Guest Cscratchy

The file name of the qcn file doesn't matter, as long as you did back up one before running the FTM flasher we can use it to restore your NV. If I recall correctly the default file name is DEADD00D_0.qcn, try to select & restore it in QPST. You an always judge which qcn file is the very first one by comparing the modified time of qcn files.

Thanks!

Found the DEADD00D_0.qcn file in /program files/QPST directory and used the stock ZTE Rom from your link. Worked a treat.

Many thanks again, really appreciate your help mate!

Regards,

Carl

Guest ears1991

thanks a lot! worked great, might be worth adding to the guide that you need to eject the drive that appears in windows otherwise ADB doesnt pick up the device, had me stumped for a while!